Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
saw reservoir dogs today. i dont understand why people think its such a great movie. i would give it like a C+, it wasnt anything special

You also think will ferrell is the funniest man alive. Go figure.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
saw reservoir dogs today. i dont understand why people think its such a great movie. i would give it like a C+, it wasnt anything special

My friend read that and he said: "Why are people retarded? Seriously, I hope you can't breed. I can believe that somebody would not like Reservoir Dogs but when they say that Will Ferrell has talent, that negates any complaints they have about Reservoir Dogs."

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
My friend read that and he said: "Why are people retarded? Seriously, I hope you can't breed.  I can believe that somebody would not like Reservoir Dogs but when they say that Will Ferrell has talent, that negates any complaints they have about Reservoir Dogs."

well if you dont think will farell has talent your a f***in moron. do u watch SNL or have you seen Old School or Anchorman? How is that not funny? and BTW, your friend and you can both go f*** yourselves

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
well if you dont think will farell has talent your a f***in moron. do u watch SNL or have you seen Old School or Anchorman? How is that not funny? and BTW, your friend and you can both go f*** yourselves

Actually Will Farrell is mildly entertaining. But in Old School, the funniest moments are Vince Vaughn's by far. To put Farrell on par with actors like Harvey Keitel is complete lunacy. Will Ferrell isn't even in the list of top 25 comics in film of all time. He's mildly entertaining -- but thin, 1 dimentional characters get very old very fast and get very boring.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
My friend read that and he said: "Why are people retarded? Seriously, I hope you can't breed.  I can believe that somebody would not like Reservoir Dogs but when they say that Will Ferrell has talent, that negates any complaints they have about Reservoir Dogs."

I believe it's unfair to say that Will Ferell has no talent, but compared to the talent's of Tarantino, Keitel and Buscemi there may be very little.

just say jay and silent bob strike back. decent movie, but i was just impressed by the people who made an appearence in this movie: ben affleck, matt damon, chris rock, jamie kennedy, tracy morgan, james vanderbeek, jason biggs, jon stewart, will ferrell, wow thats impressive

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Dec 20, 2004 -> 09:21 PM)
Just downloaded and watched anchorman.

meh.

had lots of good laughs, but not the instant classic everyone talks about.

My sentiments exactly. I saw it and it was somewhat funny but there's no reason for the orgy of hype that came along with it's release on DVD. Everywhere I go to shop I see about 10,000 copies of the darn thing on the racks & the TV talks about it like it's Gone With the Wind or something.

I watched all of Dodgeball (heavily inebriated on rum) and it was just an hour and a half of lame ass crotch humor. The whole "HAHAHAHAHA Man hit in groin with ball!" gets old damn fast. It's almost like Stiller tries to damn hard to do as much stupid s*** as possible in an attempt to be funny -- and fails horribly.

It's not exactly a film but the estate of Bill Hicks released "Bill Hicks: Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian LIVE" recently (along with the book "Love All the People") Just watched some of it yesterday -- his performance at the Old Vic Theater in Chicago.

It is sad that he died as young as he did because he was so damn hilarious.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
"Million Dollar Baby" finally goes nation wide on Jan 21st! 'Bout time!

:headbang

I’ve read some reviews for it and its been getting some positive ones. Clint Eastwood is both the director and the main character in the movie. Eastwood is one of my favorite actors.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
:headbang

I’ve read some reviews for it and its been getting some positive ones. Clint Eastwood is both the director and the main character in the movie. Eastwood is one of my favorite actors.

All reviews I have seen or read have been awesome. Could be Oscar favorite.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
i just saw Shawshank Redemption for the first time, and wow. this movie is awesome. the story is just unbelievable, probably one of the best movies i have ever seen. im curious to hear what you guys think about it

Shawshank was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Loved it.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
i just saw Shawshank Redemption for the first time, and wow. this movie is awesome. the story is just unbelievable, probably one of the best movies i have ever seen. im curious to hear what you guys think about it

Fantastic Film....no doubt about it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Rented Shaolin Soccer.  Very funny movie.  Its like an asian kunf foo spoof or something.  I don't know how to explain it, but we were all laughing while watching it.

Anything is funny with the proper chemicals . . . :P