Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cali, I totally agree with you on ND, that was horrible.

One of the few.

And quickly off-subject I randomly got my sox wristband from you a couple days ago. I totally thought it was lost in the mail. A pleasent surprise indeed.

Edited by Cali

QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
One of the few.

And quickly off-subject I randomly got my sox wristband from you a couple days ago. I totally thought it was lost in the mail. A pleasent surprise indeed.

Wow, you're kidding. It has been like 6-8 weeks since I mailed that thing. I completely thought it was lost in the mail. You can't beat the USPS :bang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
Wow, you're kidding.  It has been like 6-8 weeks since I mailed that thing.  I completely thought it was lost in the mail.  You can't beat the USPS :bang

I had given up all hope that it was going to come. I was suprised as hell when it was sitting in my mailbox.

QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
I had given up all hope that it was going to come. I was suprised as hell when it was sitting in my mailbox.

I just went back and looked, and you sent me the PM about not being there yet, on Feb 12th, so it had to be a week or more before that, that I sent it. I wonder where the hell that thing was for almost two months????

I didn't hate Napolean Dynamite, but for the life of me I will never understand why people think it is so "quote-worthy". Seriously, what is so funny about this line:

"Napolean, what are you going to do today?"

"I don't know, GEEZ!"

How is that a great quote? It kind of fits in with Good Will Hunting and the terrible "Do you like apples" line, and those guys won an award for that crap!

I watched The Punisher, 21 Grams and Spring Break Shark Attack this weekend.

I didn't mind the Punisher. The acting was lazy and completely boring but the action scenes were very good and fairly entertaining. The fight against "The Russian"(played by wrestler Kevin Nash of all people) was awesome. The last scene on the bridge was very good and I wouldn't mind seeing the sequel which is apparently going to be made. 6/10

21 Grams as I expected was a fantastic non linear tale with fabulous acting from all involved. A 100% must-see. Alejandro González Iñárritu's second film is no less a masterpiece than Amores Perros, but I liked Amorre Perros more. 9/10

Spring Break Shark Attack was obviously bad but nonetheless satisfied me with decent shark effects, hot chicas, and alcohol consumption. 5/10

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
I didn't hate Napolean Dynamite, but for the life of me I will never understand why people think it is so "quote-worthy". Seriously, what is so funny about this line:

"Napolean, what are you going to do today?"

"I don't know, GEEZ!"

How is that a great quote? It kind of fits in with Good Will Hunting and the terrible "Do you like apples" line, and those guys won an award for that crap!

There's nothing funny about ND. It's one of those films that people use to try to make other people feel like there's something wrong with them if they didn't enjoy it and find it hilarious. Ask them , they say "Oh, you just don't get it".

My wife and I thought about going to see that one, along with a bunch of others, but then opted to stay at the bar we were at.

I get the idea that Hostage is another one of the rejected Die Hard flicks, but Willis chose to do it anyway. Does it play out like a DH film?

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I watched The Punisher, 21 Grams and Spring Break Shark Attack this weekend.

I didn't mind the Punisher.  The acting was lazy and completely boring but the action scenes were very good and fairly entertaining.  The fight against "The Russian"(played by wrestler Kevin Nash of all people) was awesome.  The last scene on the bridge was very good and I wouldn't mind seeing the sequel which is apparently going to be made.  6/10

21 Grams as I expected was a fantastic non linear tale with fabulous acting from all involved.  A 100% must-see.  Alejandro González Iñárritu's second film is no less a masterpiece than Amores Perros, but I liked Amorre Perros more.  9/10

Spring Break Shark Attack was obviously bad but nonetheless satisfied me with decent shark effects, hot chicas, and alcohol consumption.  5/10

At least I wasn't the only pathetic person to watch Spring Break Shark Attack. Nothing else was on tv and I was exhausted from a busy day. God did it blow, but your right, there were some hot chicks on it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
who is in that film?

Bruce Willis. I saw it the other day. Cheesy ass plot, but it wasn't a bad movie. Would recommend renting it as opposed to paying to see it at the theatres.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
At least I wasn't the only pathetic person to watch Spring Break Shark Attack.  Nothing else was on tv and I was exhausted from a busy day.  God did it blow, but your right, there were some hot chicks on it.

Well a lot of people must have watched it. It actually managed to tie a repeat airing of Desperate Housewives.

I just watched Something the Lord Made. It was a great movie about the pioneers of heart surgery Alfred Blalock and Vivien Thomas, played by Alan Rickman and Mos Def. The interesting part of the movie is Mos Def's character being a black man without a doctorate, and the things he and Blalock are able to accomplish while battling racial prejudices. Great tearjerker and undeservingly unknown. Thank you HBO Films.

P.S. This further proves that some rappers can act.

9/10 :headbang

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
My wife and I thought about going to see that one, along with a bunch of others, but then opted to stay at the bar we were at.

I get the idea that Hostage is another one of the rejected Die Hard flicks, but Willis chose to do it anyway. Does it play out like a DH film?

it was actually a novel....Bruce read it and bought the rights to it to make a movie. It's pretty good, and doesn't really have a die hard feel or "quickness" or action to it.

Believe it or not.. I had not seen Scarface in it's entirety until last night. I hadn't missed much of it.. but they were parts that left me a bit confused. Like when Tony goes to see his mom and sister and tells his friend to leave her alone.. I then wondered what the reason was why Tony killed him so easily later.

If anyone is interested Showtime appears to be playing it every night around 10ish.

I watched a movie called The United States of Leland tonight starring Ryan Gosling. Here's what I wrote about it on film-talk.com

I liked this one, Ryan Gosling was great as always but Don Cheadle and Kevin Spacey's character bothered me and I thought Chris Klein wasn't very good. Nonetheless a very moving story and the character of Leland was one of a kind.

7/10

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount_cl...esofleland.html

Trailer

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
Believe it or not.. I had not seen Scarface in it's entirety until last night. I hadn't missed much of it.. but they were parts that left me a bit confused. Like when Tony goes to see his mom and sister and tells his friend to leave her alone.. I then wondered what the reason was why Tony killed him so easily later.

If anyone is interested Showtime appears to be playing it every night around 10ish.

Ahhh Scarface. One of my all time favorites.

"Jew wanna take me? Jew gonna need an ARMY jew gonna take me!!!"