Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the original Dawn of the Dead last night and I completely love this film. You gotta love the humor and aptitude that George Romero brought to the film. Tom Savini gets an A+++ for the gore effects that he brought.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Went and saw DOOM last night. 

People on here and at work told me it was going to suck.  They were wrong.  It kicked ass!!!

Jim wants to see that. From your post.. worth the $$ I gather.

Has anybody seen Brazil?

Is it good?

Does it have a similar feel to something like A Clockwork Orange?

Will I like it if I rent it?

I hadn’t seen this in years, but caught it again recently on cable. It’s a mess of a film. Grim, funny, clever, confusing, absurdist, sometimes magical, visually compelling. It felt like a drug-fueled project from the ‘60’s. Don’t expect every last thing to make sense. I liked it.

I despised A Clockwork Orange. I have no interest in revisiting that one.

Trailer for Steven Spielberg's potentially controversial dark thriller Munich

http://www.munichmovie.com/munich_trlr1_300k.mov (not the best quality)

In the tragic aftermath of the 1972 Munich Olympics, a Mossad agent (Bana) tracks Palestinian terrorists who assassinated Israeli athletes.

Eric Bana, Daniel Craig, Mathieu Kassovitz, Geoffrey Rush, Ciaran Hinds

I have a question: How the hell was Three Kings not nominated for any Oscars. Sorry but this movie was 10 x better than any of those other films that got nominated. That is just a joke! Sorry but Three Kings should've gotten nominated for the following awards:

Best Motion Picture

Best Director: David O'Russell

Best Actor: George Clooney or Mark Wahlberg.

Best Supporting Actor: Ice Cube

Best Supporting Actress: Nora Dunn(she was great)

Best Original Screenplay

And all of the technical awards.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
I have a question: How the hell was Three Kings not nominated for any Oscars.  Sorry but this movie was 10 x better than any of those other films that got nominated.  That is just a joke!  Sorry but Three Kings should've gotten nominated for the following awards:

Best Motion Picture

Best Director: David O'Russell

Best Actor: George Clooney or Mark Wahlberg.

Best Supporting Actor: Ice Cube

Best Supporting Actress: Nora Dunn(she was great)

Best Original Screenplay

And all of the technical awards.

I don't think we need the Oscars to validate whether a movie is good or not. Half the time they pick the worst possible choices. They don't mean a thing really.

• 2 weeks later...

just saw Good Night, and Good Luck

i thought it was excellent acting, directing, and writing. I loved it, perfectly captured ...well, i don't know obviously, but i loved how it showed the absolute fear mccarthy put in people who were true americans. I loved it. Murrow was badass

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
I don't think we need the Oscars to validate whether a movie is good or not.  Half the time they pick the worst possible choices.  They don't mean a thing really.

This year was a poster year for that. Ray was a yawner at times, and Million Dollar Crap Hole was a bi-polar fiasco.

Finding Neverland was by far a better film than either.

• 2 weeks later...

Went and saw Rent--I really loved the musical (came out when I was in high school) and so thought I'd see the film.

I wouldn't say they ruined it--but definitely was only worth the $5 I paid to see it. Cool to see so many of the original broadway cast, but it came off a lot hokier on screen than on the stage.

It was a nice sentimental trip back to high school--but definitely didn't do the material justice. . .

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
We rented Robots and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy a couple of weeks ago and highly recommend both of them.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was completely uninteresting. I went to see it with two friends last year on like a Wednesday because we had nothing better to do, and there was nobody else in the theater. After about 45 minutes, none of us were paying any attention to the movie and just throwing things around in the empty theater.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was completely uninteresting.  I went to see it with two friends last year on like a Wednesday because we had nothing better to do, and there was nobody else in the theater.  After about 45 minutes, none of us were paying any attention to the movie and just throwing things around in the empty theater.

It does help to have read the book...

I liked Hitchhikers Guide. I hadn't read the book and was kinda dragged along with my family to see the movie. I went into it totally not knowing what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. It was very weird and certainly not for eveyone's taste.

As for David Lynch movies....yuck. Eraserhead was the most boring movie I've ever seen. Way over my head, I guess.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was completely uninteresting.  I went to see it with two friends last year on like a Wednesday because we had nothing better to do, and there was nobody else in the theater.  After about 45 minutes, none of us were paying any attention to the movie and just throwing things around in the empty theater.

Is there by any chance a movie you have liked in your life? Serious question.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
It does help to have read the book...

Most definitely the case...

Oh and how are any cartoon movies rated pg anymore? Madagascar was definitely not directed towards kids one bit.

Edited by qwerty