Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Ya, f*** logic, who needs it.  :rolly

You are amazing (in a not so good way)with movies. Some ( everything actually) of the things you say boggle the f*** out of my mind.

yeah a gigantic gorilla is very logical. I guess you didn't like Sin City because if it were real life Benicio Del Toro's character wouldn't still be alive after an axe splits his head.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
yeah a gigantic gorilla is very logical.  I guess you didn't like Sin City because if it were real life Benicio Del Toro's character wouldn't still be alive after an axe splits his head.

An axe split his head? What are you talking about?

SPOILER

I'm pretty sure it was part of a gun that went into his forehead. And it did kill him, the part when he talked was just the guy's imagination.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
King Kong was a good, good movie.  Loved Jack Black's role, the graphics, and haven't seen that many people cry in a movie theatre in a long, long time.

Thumbs up.

agreed about Jack Black. I loved King kong and it is one of my favorite movies of the year. Jack Black is perfect for this role because the character of Carl is supposed to be goofy. He is so supposed so over the top serious about making this movie that it ends up looking goofy. This role is perfect for him. The Effects were great. They did a great job of recreating New York in the 1930's and the depression stuff was dead on.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
Yep.  According to Josh, Ice Cube is the most underrated actor in Hollywood.  :lol:

he is. Have you ever seen Barbershop and Three Kings? He shows it in those 2 movies. Should've gotten nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in Three Kings.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
An axe split his head?  What are you talking about?

SPOILER

I'm pretty sure it was part of a gun that went into his forehead.  And it did kill him, the part when he talked was just the guy's imagination.

no it wasn't. He was supposed to be alive. At first I did think it was his imagination but when you go back and watch it over and over again it is very clear it is not his imagination. Go back to when the cop stops Clive Owen and you will see through the cops perspective that his Del Toro's head is moving and his eyes are moving. Also Bruce Willis living even though he is shot 5 or 6 times in the chest in beginning of the movie. He is also shot in other places yet he lives.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
no it wasn't.  He was supposed to be alive.  At first I did think it was his imagination but when you go back and watch it over and over again it is very clear it is not his imagination.  Go back to when the cop stops Clive Owen and you will see through the cops perspective that his Del Toro's head is moving and his eyes are moving.  Also Bruce Willis living even though he is shot 5 or 6 times in the chest in beginning of the movie.  He is also shot in other places yet he lives.

It is just like John Woo's "Nobody ever runs out of ammo until the end of the scene/drama of the scene necessitates the protagonist running out of ammo" aesthetic of storytelling. It is calling 'willing suspension of disbelief", people.

Plus, Sin City was based off of comic book conceptions so reality was out the window from the get-go.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
no it wasn't.  He was supposed to be alive.  At first I did think it was his imagination but when you go back and watch it over and over again it is very clear it is not his imagination.  Go back to when the cop stops Clive Owen and you will see through the cops perspective that his Del Toro's head is moving and his eyes are moving.  Also Bruce Willis living even though he is shot 5 or 6 times in the chest in beginning of the movie.  He is also shot in other places yet he lives.

Or when Marv gets hit by the car over and over again... Sin City doesn't operate in a reality based environment and that's a-okay in my book.

I saw "The Ringer" yesterday. I think I'm probably going to hell for watching. It is not funny at all and is in fact a horrible story line. The Farrelly's should be ashamed of themselves for making this. If you didnt know, in this movie Johnny Knoxville plays a character who is involved in fixing the Special Olympics to win 100 grand. It wasn't funny and it was extremely predictable. Dont go see it, dont rent it when it comes out, and dont watch it on cable or when it goes OnDemand.

However, one bright spot in the movie was how well the mentally challenged actors did. They had good on screen chemistry and actually made the movie almost likeable.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
agreed.  I wonder if Qwerty liked Star Wars or Spider-Man.

Lol... you just don't understand and i am afraid you never will. Movie can be enjoyable even while being unrealistic (as can books or comics). But when they have extremely dumb flaws i will mention it. If you go ahead thinking ice cube and anaconda are great actors/movies... there is really no help. Ice cube is one of the better rapper actors, but honestly that is saying very little. He is not even close to being one of the most underated actors out there currently.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
Lol... you just don't understand and i am afraid you never will. Movie can be enjoyable even while being unrealistic (as can books or comics). But when they have extremely dumb flaws i will mention it. If you go ahead thinking ice cube and anaconda are great actors/movies... there is really no help. Ice cube is one of the better rapper actors, but honestly that is saying very little. He is not even close to being one of the most underated actors out there currently.

help. lol! I am afraid you will never understand what i am saying. Welcome to my ignore list. :finger

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
why didn't you like it?

Quite frankly it was the stupidest, most messed up movie I've ever seen. I'm not a huge comic idea person and I just thought the whole thing was god awful. The story, the plot, everything.

I could care less whether somethings believable or not but the story was pathetic. Simply put, what did I like in the movie...Nothing.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
Quite frankly it was the stupidest, most messed up movie I've ever seen.  I'm not a huge comic idea person and I just thought the whole thing was god awful.  The story, the plot, everything.

I could care less whether somethings believable or not but the story was pathetic.  Simply put, what did I like in the movie...Nothing.

Agreed. It was just eye candy to me. I hated the movie.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
help.  lol!  I am afraid you will never understand what i am saying.  Welcome to my ignore list. :finger

Because of your stupidity you are ignoring me? Makes sense. Doubt you ignored me anyway.

Howling II: Your Sister Is A Werewolf is currently showing on Encore Mystery. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Savage werewolf attacks, random orgies (sometimes between hairy werewolfs...), and a surreal atmosphere certaintly raise this sequel to the heights of its predecessor.