Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Anything is funny with the proper chemicals . . .  :P

Not true, I remember watching without a paddle with a nice buzz at the movie theatres thinking it would be hillarious...not so. All of us just stared blank at the screen utterly dissapointed. We figured drinking would be wise just in case it sucked...boy were we wrong.

Another movie that would be that bad is Club Dread. I watched like 10 minutes of it on one of the movie channels the other day and good god did it suck.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
Not true, I remember watching without a paddle with a nice buzz at the movie theatres thinking it would be hillarious...not so.  All of us just stared blank at the screen utterly dissapointed.  We figured drinking would be wise just in case it sucked...boy were we wrong.

Another movie that would be that bad is Club Dread.  I watched like 10 minutes of it on one of the movie channels the other day and good god did it suck.

Thanks for the warning. I was just telling my son we needed to see it. He thought I was wacked. I pointed out he rented Nap Dynomite and Without a Paddle looks 100X funnier, even without a sweet jump . . .

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
what did you think of it?

Oops, I see how you would get confused. I meant I want to see if you guys like it, to help me decide whether to go see it or not. Like I sort of know what kind of movies you guys like now... sort of.

QUOTE(shakes @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
Check out Employee of the Month. It's an Indy film with Matt Dillon, Steve Zhan, and Christina Applegete.

Steve Zhan has some classic lines in this movie.

Yes, i thought it was pretty good. They only had one or two at my blockbuster.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Wow, I just saw 'Supersize Me.'  What an insane movie.  I don't eat fast food often at all, maybe once a month.  I don't think I want to eat it at all anymore.  However, I am stuck with this campus meal plan, which probably isn't much better. :bang

If you have the DVD -- watch the scene about the fries in the extra scenes. Its so disturbing.

I watched a docudrama last night called The Hamburg Cell. It was a very good non-political telling of the life if the 9/11 hijackers. Gives you some great insight into what these people were like, and how they ended up doing what they were doing.

Also watched The Eye. Another very good Asian horror movie that just comes up short of greatness. Also another of the super long list of Asian movies being re-made in America.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
If you have the DVD -- watch the scene about the fries in the extra scenes.  Its so disturbing.

I may have to rent it, to check out a couple of these things. I just saw it on the campus movie channel. What happened in that fry scene?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Wow, I just saw 'Supersize Me.'  What an insane movie.  I don't eat fast food often at all, maybe once a month.  I don't think I want to eat it at all anymore.  However, I am stuck with this campus meal plan, which probably isn't much better. :bang

All that movie proves to me is the point that if you overdo something like that it has consequenses. If you eat fast food once in a while and get enough exercise ( and you aren't genetically disposed to being fat ) you will easily maintain your health.

As far as I'm concerned that movie would have been twice as good if that bozo had a heart attack and dropped dead.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
I may have to rent it, to check out a couple of these things.  I just saw it on the campus movie channel.  What happened in that fry scene?

They buy a Big Mac, a Filet O Fish, a Quarter Pounder, fries, etc. and they put each item in a glass jar that's essentially a sweatbox. They track the rate of decomposition over a month and a half. The fries, after 6 weeks did not mold or anything -- they looked like they just came out of the box from the Golden Arches. :o

And Nuke, the point of the movie was that the lawsuit these 2 girls brought, the judge said that if McDonald's claim that you could eat their food regularly as a meal and show that their food is damaging to peoples' health then the girls would have legitimacy to their claims. There's no reason that they cannot make decent fast food that after eating it regularly for a month nearly pickles your liver.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
They buy a Big Mac, a Filet O Fish, a Quarter Pounder, fries, etc. and they put each item in a glass jar that's essentially a sweatbox.  They track the rate of decomposition over a month and a half.  The fries, after 6 weeks did not mold or anything -- they looked like they just came out of the box from the Golden Arches. :o

And Nuke, the point of the movie was that the lawsuit these 2 girls brought, the judge said that if McDonald's claim that you could eat their food regularly as a meal and show that their food is damaging to peoples' health then the girls would have legitimacy to their claims.  There's no reason that they cannot make decent fast food that after eating it regularly for a month nearly pickles your liver.

I liked Super Size Me a lot but don't any of you think it would have been quite easy to fake the health problems and depression.