Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Fantastic Four Trailer

Trailer looks good...but i can't comprehend how they could make this a movie...too many comic book movies nowadays...but who knows...this might be one of the good ones. :huh

Don't count on it, this movie is directed by Tim Story who did the critically slammed Taxi.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Fantastic Four Trailer

Trailer looks good...but i can't comprehend how they could make this a movie...too many comic book movies nowadays...but who knows...this might be one of the good ones. :huh

jessica alba in tight suit. need i say more... :D

j/k. for the most part the superhero movies have been pretty good. the only thing i really worry about with it is how realistic the thing is.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
jessica alba in tight suit. need i say more... :D

j/k. for the most part the superhero movies have been pretty good. the only thing i really worry about with it is how realistic the thing is.

that is why i didn't thing fantastic four would work....but by the trailer the movie looks alright...

you're right about alba though :headbang

watched the forgotten, another good movie. pretty much kept ya guessing throughout the movie...

***SPOILER alert***

plus it was really cool how people would get snatched up into the sky... :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
watched the forgotten, another good movie. pretty much kept ya guessing throughout the movie...

***SPOILER alert***

plus it was really cool how people would get snatched up into the sky... :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

if anyone watched the trailers....or tv spots...you could see that "spoiler"

and i agree...it was cool...but i didn't really like the movie that much.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Yeah, you didn't give anything away.  I saw that much in a commercial the other day.

good thing i didnt see that before i saw the movie then. would have pretty much ruined it. stupid scene to add to the trailers/commercials for the dvd... :huh:

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
good thing i didnt see that before i saw the movie then. would have pretty much ruined it. stupid scene to add to the trailers/commercials for the dvd... :huh:

that's one thing that sucks when it comes to trailers....you don't know if it shows something important....everytime i go to a movie, i ask myself if i've seen a scene that was in the trailer...i don't like doing that...so i might stop watching trailers, or i might not. :huh

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Saw Assault on Precinct 13 tonight and I wanted to like it and I think it was good, but it just didn't do it for me.  Yah I know that doesn't make sense.  I'll still reccomend it, as it is at least an above average action movie.

6/10

i'll watch it...i heard it was gory...is it?? on a scale of 1-10

watched 'the village' and 'without a paddle' over the weekend.

the village was good. it is probably the lesser of shamylans (sp?) works but still worthy of watching at least once. i must say i knew the 'secret' ending of this before i watched it so that probably taints in some way my feelings on it.

without a paddle was good imo and very funny too. in true hollywood fashion they gave away some of the funniest scenes in the trailers but was pretty surprised on some of them where they didn't show the whole scene and what came after what you had seen before was still pretty funny - the scene where they huddle for warmth comes to mind...

Edited by Goldmember

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
if anyone watched the trailers....or tv spots...you could see that "spoiler"

and i agree...it was cool...but i didn't really like the movie that much.

You just quoted a spoiler and delted the spaces... :bang

Original release of Assault on Precinct 13.

assaultdvd.gif

Browsing Best Buy's New Release section, I was rather shocked to see this DVD listed for only $6.99. With the remake currently in theathers, you'd expect typical Collectors Edition/Re-Release/Directors Cut bulls*** to justify a high price tag.

Seven dollars is a huge bargain. I would place this up with "Halloween" and "Escape From New York" as Carpenter's best work.

Honestly, don't know how the hell this movie escaped pop culture infamy. Besides the Chinese kid in "From Dusk Till Dawn" paying homage, fan appreciation never surfaced; until now. Although the film suffers from numerous outdated scenes/concepts, it's still a tremendous action movie.