Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Sideways tonight. A lot funnier and cleverer than I thought it would be. It is probably the first movie I've seen that I liked even thought I dislike the lead characters... Definitely enjoyable--and it made me feel a heck of a lot better about my life...

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 29, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
I watched King Arthur tonight. It was pretty good, I guess I was expecting a little more though, but that's how it goes sometimes.

I just watched that like a night ago. I thought it was going to be horrible based on what friends told me, but it wasn't too bad. It was far from great, but enjoyable soley because I'm semi interested in the whole king arthur spiel.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 29, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I just watched that like a night ago.  I thought it was going to be horrible based on what friends told me, but it wasn't too bad.  It was far from great, but enjoyable soley because I'm semi interested in the whole king arthur spiel.

I saw this when it first hit the theatres and I thought it was decent. I was glad to see that it was set in the proper century. I know that there are reasonable doubts as to whether or not Arthur actually existed, but there is usually a smidgen of truth behind every legend. I'm inclined to think that there was an historical King Arthur.

Shaun of the Dead was HILARIOUS.

My favorite parts were when they were throwing records at the zombies, and when they were in the middle of the zombie crowd.

*In the middle of a crowd of zombies* *cell phone rings* *looks at zombies*

"Wait two seconds!"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
I watched that whole damned movie waiting to laugh, and barely ever cracked a smile.  It was a huge let down.

Saw Manchurian Canditate today, definately a quality movie.

2004 or 1962? Cuz if you liked the '04, I think you'll like the 62 version with Sinatra as well.

Just watched The Triplets of Belleview. A very quirky, odd, but fun little film. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but what I got definitely was not anything I could have expected. Anyway, I recommend it, but be ready for a very different film than you've probably ever seen before.

weekend of movies on tv:

gone in 60 seconds - always a good one, seen a bunch of times... :headbang

romeo must die - ^see above^

dark blue - very good, corrupted cop flick.

the hunted - it was ok. was expecting more. worth watching once, especially since it was on a movie channel so didn't have to pay for it... :D

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
We were going to rent that last night, but instead rented "Sky Captain, World of Tomorrow" (I think that was the name) and "Starsky and Hutch."  Watched Sky Captain - I enjoyed it .  Haven't watch Starsky yet though.

Starsky and Hutch was funny as hell.