Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
Quick thread jack... I heard on the radio the other day that they were testing blood they thought might be Hoffa's on a deadbed confession from the guy who claims to have shot Hoffa.  I never did hear the results of the test... has anyone else?

You missed the news??

They Found Hoffa.

Alive and well.

In a hospital delivery room.

Organizing labor, of course. :P

Finally got around to renting 'Saw'. Man, this film had potential and really good ideas, but it was hurt by some really bad acting. The guy who played the Dr. was just awful, everyone else was mediocre. I'm gonna watch it again tonight, there is a glitch or two in the plot somewhere.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
Finally got around to renting 'Saw'. Man, this film had potential and really good ideas, but it was hurt by some really bad acting. The guy who played the Dr. was just awful, everyone else was mediocre. I'm gonna watch it again tonight, there is a glitch or two in the plot somewhere.

We watched it Friday night.. LOVED it. I don't want to post any spoilers.. but I knew it wasn't who they wanted you to believe it was from early on. And I knew that kid was a liar from the start.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)

or three... :P

Really fun movie with really weird or bad acting. Was it just me or did Cary Elwes character become English when he got really mad?

And no matter how unrealistic it was I loved the final plot twist, looking forward to the sequel.

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday and checked out the section where they have DVD’s for like $5.50. I know those DVD’s are usually crappy, but two of them grabbed my attention and I bought them. Below are the films I viewed.

Barabbas (1962)

043396077508.jpg

Surprisingly good. A little over two hours, but well worth it. Story about the man who was spared from death instead of Jesus. His whole life is a living hell. He sees himself working in the mines, is trained to be a gladiator, and later discovers his faith when he himself is crucified.

Grade: B+

Total Recall (1990)

Total_Recall_Movie.jpg

I’ve seen this movie plenty of times before, but I just had to buy the Special Edition on DVD. Again, for the price of 5.50, this is a good buy. Film has very good action and very good humor.

Grade: A

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
or three... :P

Really fun movie with really weird or bad acting.  Was it just me or did Cary Elwes character become English when he got really mad?

And no matter how unrealistic it was I loved the final plot twist, looking forward to the sequel.

Lol, he turned into Sean Connery, 'You baaahstaaahd!'...he was awful. The little girl gave the best performance, she looked genuinely scared to death.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
Lol, he turned into Sean Connery, 'You baaahstaaahd!'...he was awful. The little girl gave the best performance, she looked genuinely scared to death.

I thought the woman with the jaw thing was the best.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Really fun movie with really weird or bad acting.  Was it just me or did Cary Elwes character become English when he got really mad?

In most films I have seen him in he seems to lose control of his accent about half way through.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
I thought the woman with the jaw thing was the best.

Yup, her name is Shawnee Smith. Here's what I wrote on another message board.

Well this is one movie I'll say was really good and really bad at the same time. The story is gripping while the acting is, as acclaimed, laughable. Though there were some good performances including that of Shawnee Smith. Also the movie contained many plotholes, all of which would be spoilers so I'll let you find them for yourself. All in all this a movie that fights to become a horror classic but is weighed down by wierd direction and very weak acting.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
Yup, her name is Shawnee Smith.  Here's what I wrote on another message board.

Good asessment, it's the kind of horror movie that horror movies should be...not the bloody, slasher crap. I hope someone remakes it with a real cast and they tighten up the plot.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Good call Steff, I forgot about her.   All she could use were her eyes and they screamed terror.    I guess we found out pretty quickly how she falt about that 'soul mate' huh?  lol.

She made me feel the horror.. I was sitting there for those 45 seconds thinking.. "s***.. kill myself.. or..... "

Now maybe I am just not as critical as many of you, but I thought the acting was pretty good for what it was. I was scared a few times, and honestly thought "hmm.. this maybe could really happen.. " I didn't think there was too much overacting.. I mean.. they were supposed to be scared.. and I bought that they were. The "twist" wasn't a surprise to me as I figured it out about half way into the movie, but it still didn't ruin it for me, and like the ending.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Good asessment, it's the kind of horror movie that horror movies should be...not the bloody, slasher crap. I hope someone remakes it with a real cast and they tighten up the plot.

Well there's already going to be a sequel, directed by a different guy. And so far the only for sure cast member coming back is Shawnee Smith(helmet thing girl).

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/saw2.php

Figured this thread should be brought back up.

Watched 3 movies last night..

-Saw: 8/10, one of the better movies I've seen in a while

-Friday Night Lights: 7/10, pretty damn good kinda a disappointing end but not something you can change

-The Village: 3/10, horrible. Had a good plot line going but the ending was terrible.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(3E8 @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
I Heart Huckabee's must be one of the worst films I've ever sat through.

LMAO. My buddies and I watched that last night and I can agree with your assessment. We thought it was supposed to be good but at the end of the movie were just like wtf.

After stalling for a couple of weeks, my wife finally broke me down and we rented "The Notebook". Now men, for those of you who don't know anything about this film, it's supposed to already be like in the top 3 all time love story tear jerkers. I must admit they have a solid, powerful ending, but everything leading up to it is so drawn out. Thoughts?

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Netflix can now give you separate queues for each household.  That worked out well over the weekend.  The wife watched "The Notebook" and I watched "Anchorman"

We take turns picking the movie. I had talked her out of 'The Notebook' 3 times, my luck ran out.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
After stalling for a couple of weeks, my wife finally broke me down and we rented "The Notebook". Now men, for those of you who don't know anything about this film, it's supposed to already be like in the top 3 all time love story tear jerkers. I must admit they have a solid, powerful ending, but everything leading up to it is so drawn out. Thoughts?

I agree with you here, the film was a little slow until a wonderful finish. James Garner was awesome and with Gosling and Mcadam's great chemisty this was a very good movie. My sister had rented it and seeing your post I thought I should check it out too.

8/10