Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
No, sorry. I thought someone said there was, but I couldn't remember. I found a great site for the second one.

http://www.saw2.com/

The message boards are creepy.. LOL

That's my Halloween costume for '05, the mask the suit, the red ribbon-bow tie.....now I just need a big, old rusty tricycle.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 5, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
I watched Open Water last night.  I was a little disapointed in it but it was a relatively fun movie and considering how little it was made for they did a good job.  I also didn't like the ending.  Anyone else seen it?

6/10

I agree, the real story that it's based on is FAR more interesting.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
He has the wrong film, or the wrong actor.

Or he was trying to quote a post about The Notebook because Nick Cassavetes directed that. I doubt it though. :huh

Edited by KipWellsFan

I finally got around to watching But I'm a Cheerleader (1998).

Premise: A high school cheerleader's family sends her off to a "de-gayification" center to turn her straight. Hilarious hijinks and falling in love follow.

This movie is pretty camp--but hilarious. RuPaul plays an ex-gay who is trying to help the gay boys turn straight. It's pretty full of stereotypes--but the movie is so off the wall anyway that everything is done to excess.

Plus, there are lots of gratuitous shots of hotties. Definitely worth the rental fee. I give it two thumbs up.

i finished watchign Bubba Ho Tep Earleir and thought this is great its liek the fith time i've seen it and recomend it to everyone it didnt make it to theatres but you could find it at most movie stores. Plus the soundtrack is great

I saw The South Park Movie tonight after hearing about it unceasingly at school.

I wish I had seen it earlier. It was hi-larious. Totally a funny and surprisingly well thought out movie. I liked it a lot.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
I saw The South Park Movie tonight after hearing about it unceasingly at school.

I wish I had seen it earlier. It was hi-larious. Totally a funny and surprisingly well thought out movie. I liked it a lot.

To be quite honest, it is one of my favorite movies of all time. I was shocked at how well written and composed it was.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally watched Saw this weekend, and was greatly disappointed. I can deal with the pointless gore, but to be frank, the plot sucked.

SPOILERS alertS!!!!!

When you thought it was the orderly that was doing everything at least it made sense. But when they twisted it to be the terminal cancer patient, that didn't make any sense at all. Why would a guy torture his doctor? Maybe if you include the thing where he didn't know the guys name, but if that is what made him so mad, why would he include the orderly who was sticking up for the patient? Stupid.

I finally saw Harold And Kumar and REALLY liked it. I thought most of the bonus stuff on the DVD was terrible though. But as for the film, there was some really good stuff in there.

I also got my DVD's of Matango: Attack Of The Mushroom People and The Mysterians, so that made for some stellar film viewing.

Hopefully tonight I will be able to watch Godzilla: Final Wars, but if not that, I fear I will finally have to watch Kill Bill Vol. 2, of which I have almost no interest in, but the wife wants to watch.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Netflix can now give you separate queues for each household.  That worked out well over the weekend.  The wife watched "The Notebook" and I watched "Anchorman"

I actually have 3 for my household. My wife, my kids, and then me. Mine is the only one making daily trips though. But I don't watch the movies the night I get them all the time. I just "use" them. :D

Finally saw Napoleon Dynamite this weekend. SUCKED SO BAD. I didn't laugh once, it was probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot. I've seen some s***ty movies before, but with s*** like Batman & Robin and Waterworld, you sort of expect them to suck and not be good. But with ND, everyone I knew loved and as well as critics and other people I don't even know, so that makes the movie so much worse, because I was expecting so much more. Just Awful.

In the category of to each his own however, I Loved I Heart Huckabees, I know some people earlier in the thread didn't, but that movie was great to me. Especially Mark Wahlberg. He surprised me.