Films

LosMediasBlancas

Sideways is one of the best movies of the year in my opinion. It should win best Picture this year, should, but it won't.

others I would suggest:

The Life Aquatic (In theaters 12/25)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (on DVD now)

Garden State (on DVD 12/28)

Anchorman (on DVD 12/28)

Garden State is amazing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sideways is one of the best movies of the year in my opinion. It should win best Picture this year, should, but it won't.

others I would suggest:

The Life Aquatic (In theaters 12/25)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (on DVD now)

Garden State (on DVD 12/28)

Anchorman (on DVD 12/28)

I enjoyed it also, but not enough to call it best picture. I could see the argument for the main character getting a nom for best actor, but not the film as whole, IMO.

I just watched Saved--and laughed my butt off. Maybe I'm biased after 4 years at a Christian school--but man it was funny...I also didn't think it was really offensive to Christianity at all--mostly just a fun satire with a good message. So, I recommend that.

And as others have said Napoleon Dynomite is great. I'm buying it tomorrow for my sister's b-day.

Recently viewed at the Texsox home . . .

Holiday Inn

A Christmas Story

Yellow Submarine

Various Anime of unknown name and origin

I love the new MVP program at Blockbuster. When you have unlimited rentals no more wasting 40 minutes trying to pick out a DVD.

Movies I've recently seen

Sideways-Great movie, possibly Best Picture, though a few others are deserving, and definitely Best Actor (Paul Giamatti)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-Up there with Sideways, Kate Winslet deserves Best Actress

Saved!-The more I think about it the more I loved this movie, funny

National Treasure-better than I expected going in, decent, entertaining movie

Hero-I was amazed by how good this movie was, probably the best movie I've seen all year

Elf-Great Christmas movie, Will Ferrell for the whole family

Big Fish-One more on the list to buy, terrific movie

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events-dark kid's movie, entertaining & fun

Anchorman & Dodgeball-overrated and disappointing, they were alright but not as great as most people are saying, although Anchorman has one of the funniest scenes ever with Jack Black, but that's about it

Movies I want to see

The Life Aquatic

Closer

Garden State

Spanglish

House of Flying Daggers

I went to see Saw tonight and I'd say it was really good and really bad at the same time. Really interesting and gripping story with absolutely horrendous acting and weird direction. I'd still recomend it though. 6/10

other movies I've seen recently

Hero 9/10 (so close to being a perfect 10)

Collateral 9/10

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 3/10

The Transporter 7/10

Cabin Fever 6/10

Taking Lives 5/10

The Last Castle 7/10

Movies I really want to see

Unleashed

Sin City

Land of the Dead

Hell Ride

The Devil's Rejects

The Assassination of Richard Nixon

High Tension

Stuey

Ong-Bak

Dead and Breakfast

And that's just to name a few. :lol:

I just watched Saved--and laughed my butt off. Maybe I'm biased after 4 years at a Christian school--but man it was funny...I also didn't think it was really offensive to Christianity at all--mostly just a fun satire with a good message. So, I recommend that.

And as others have said Napoleon Dynomite is great. I'm buying it tomorrow for my sister's b-day.

Saved is very good. People think it's an exaggeration, but it's not. Jesus freaks are very much that way.

Some of my best friends in Germany are evangelical born again Christians. I went to a wedding for one of them last year, and they did interrupt the service so someone could do an interpretive dance for Jesus. There really are people like the ones in Saved!. And they're my friends.

Actually, Macaulay Caulkin has been in some damn funny movies. Anyone see Party Monster? Him and Seth Green as the gayest drug addicts you'd ever meet in your life.

Dodgeball may have been the movie that made me stop being a Ben Stiller fan. He has amazing talents as a sketch comedian, but his movies are very hit or miss. In this case - Dodgeball was a big miss.

Excited about the Life Aquatic.

Some of my best friends in Germany are evangelical born again Christians. I went to a wedding for one of them last year, and they did interrupt the service so someone could do an interpretive dance for Jesus. There really are people like the ones in Saved!. And they're my friends.

Actually, Macaulay Caulkin has been in some damn funny movies. Anyone see Party Monster? Him and Seth Green as the gayest drug addicts you'd ever meet in your life.

Dodgeball may have been the movie that made me stop being a Ben Stiller fan. He has amazing talents as a sketch comedian, but his movies are very hit or miss. In this case - Dodgeball was a big miss.

Excited about the Life Aquatic.

I think ben stiller is 10x better in roles where he's basically himsels (ie: meet the parents)

hilarious in that.

The Life Aquatic, of course. Any of Wes Anderson's other three films are spectacular.

I saw Closer, it was good, but not great. Not half of what The Graduate was.

I am about to watch Fellini's 8 1/2. I'm sort of excited, but trying to get in the right mindset first.

Any of these Allen films are fantastic: Annie Hall, Banana's, Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask.

I highly reccomend Dr. Strangelove. I think it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Granted, I have a very dry sense of humor...hence my infatuation with Wes Anderson.

Bull Durham is my favorite baseball movie, it is hysterical.

Last but not least, Coffee and Cigarette's. It's wonderful, I absolutely loved it.

I just got done watching the 2004 version of the Punisher. I'm a big fan of the Punisher comic book so I'm a bit biased. I like the way they incorporated a lot of the stuff from Garth Ennis's writing in the title but damn, it was a bit too campy for me at times. Could have and should have been a bit darker for my liking and some of the dialog, especially between the girl and Frank Castle, was pretty bad. But it made up for it with a lot of good action sequences.

Thought i was gonna hate it, but it was actually better than i thought going in.