Films

LosMediasBlancas

Im going to see it tomorrow morning, first showing..

I doubt anyone will be there, they are at work and school and I get to kick back and watch this movie.. looking forward to it

EDIT: blacksox, where did your avatar go

Edited by T R U

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)

I doubt anyone will be there, they are at work and school and I get to kick back and watch this movie.. looking forward to it

dunno

i'll reload it

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)

hmmm....alone in the theatre, watching a movie where alba's a stripper, and has Rosario Dawson...Carla Gugino...Jaime King...Britney Murphy. I wonder... :huh :lolhitting

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 02:15 AM)
You've got some film watching to do, so it sounds.

No i have seen it before. But i just saw the directors cut version again and was wondering what some of you thought about it.

By the way i think the directors cut is better.

Edited by qwerty

I saw "Death to Smoochie" yesterday and just loved it.

Robin Williams plays a bribe taking kids show host, who ends up trying to get revenge against the clean cut innocent guy who ended up taking his place. It was twisted and hysterical. I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
I finally saw "Road to Perdition" this weekend.  Yeah it was hard hitting and emotional, but I don't get what all of the hype was about.

I agree, most over rated film in a while. Didn't it win some awards too??

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:47 AM)
I finally saw "Road to Perdition" this weekend.  Yeah it was hard hitting and emotional, but I don't get what all of the hype was about.

There was hype? If there was it was probably because it was Sam Mendes first movie after American Beauty. The rain scene where Hanks guns down everyone and then Newman was classic. Seen it a couple times and while it's a little boring there are very few gangster pics which compare, and artistically maybe none.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
There was hype?  If there was it was probably because it was Sam Mendes first movie after American Beauty.  The rain scene where Hanks guns down everyone and then Newman was classic.  Seen it a couple times and while it's a little boring there are very few gangster pics which compare, and artistically maybe none.

The words "artistic" and "gangster pic" don't belong in the same sentance. The movie was boringly predictable and contrived in many parts.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
There was hype?  If there was it was probably because it was Sam Mendes first movie after American Beauty.  The rain scene where Hanks guns down everyone and then Newman was classic.  Seen it a couple times and while it's a little boring there are very few gangster pics which compare, and artistically maybe none.

You're right, other gangster films don't compare because they aren't as boring as this one.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
The words "artistic" and "gangster pic" don't belong in the same sentance.  The movie was boringly predictable and contrived in many parts.

:o

Maybe if you're thinking about movies like Scarface. But Road to Perdition didn't win Best Cinematography for nothing. Also you can't discount the artistic values of Ghost Dog, The Godfather, The Sopranos, Miller's Crossing, Gangster #1 etc.

We'll have to disagree on this one.

I have to agree with Kip. Road to Perdition over-rated? I don’t think so...

It is one of Tom Hank’s most underrated films, but is also one of his best. With a cast of Hanks, Newman, and Jude Law, you can’t go wrong with this film.

Just watched Shogun Assassin! Here's a little thing I wrote about it on film-talk.com:

Whoa this was a super fun and sometimes eerie movie. Tomisaburo Wakayama as Lone Wolf was great and even the little kid was. Of course this movie is really just the first 2 in the Baby Cart series cut up and dubbed for Western audiences, but it still delivered for me.

You may remember the voice over from Kill Bill vol.2 and a couple songs by GZA from the Wu-Tang Clan's songs.

just saw Sin City. Good movie, slightly disturbing though. I can see why some people were sickened by it, it doesnt really have any positive characters or subjects. I thought it was enjoyable though, and can't wait for the second and third ones

Went on a "man date" tonight and saw Amittyville Horror. It was pretty scary but certainly wasn't very creative in doing so. It was the old, quiet, quiet, quiet, bang!!!11!! This method also loses lots of its effect once it leaves the big screen, so when I see it again if I ever do it probably won't be as good.

small spoliers

Big ups to Ryan Reynolds though, he did a great job in converting from nice guy to psychopathe. Especially considering he always plays more of a goof ball in movies, I doubt Ashton Kutcher could have ever pulled something like this off.

:canada

Edited by KipWellsFan

• 3 weeks later...