Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
I actually have a list of things I want to see for once.  I can't wait for Star Wars though.

I'm looking forward to that. I finally saw Episode II this weekend, so I can see the new one whenever.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
I'm looking forward to that.  I finally saw Episode II this weekend, so I can see the new one whenever.

they finally get episode 2 in indiana huh?

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Book it Spiff, Batman Begins is going to be a solid flick!

When Katie Holmes is prominently involved, that is pretty much assured!

Just watched The Hunting of the President. This movie would embarass anyone who says that people who don't believe there is a liberal media bias are stupid or ignorant. The film focuses on the so-called Independent Commission and the media's obsession with their case.

quicktime trailer

http://www.thehuntingofthepresident.com/qu...me300Kpage.html

Great trailer by the way, how exciting! :P

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
Just watched The Hunting of the President.  This movie would embarass anyone who says that people who don't believe there is a liberal media bias are stupid or ignorant.  The film focuses on the so-called Independent Commission and the media's obsession with their case.

quicktime trailer

http://www.thehuntingofthepresident.com/qu...me300Kpage.html

Great trailer by the way, how exciting! :P

Seen that film -- its pretty damn good. David Brock really blew the lid off a whole lot of the impeachment BS (he was one of the heads of the Arkansas Project at the time and later on came out blowing the whistle)

As for films I've recently seen:

For a Few Dollars More

Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Citizen Kane (Call me a Philistine but I didn't think it was all that great)

House of Wax (the original with Vincent Price)

North By Northwest

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 22, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
That was Burton's intention to make it darker than the one with Gene Wilder.  (Although the argument can be made that that film was also pretty dark on its own i.e. the boat ride, etc.)

Well, the boat ride was pretty much the only dark aspect in my view.

I guess I'll have to go see the new one and decide.

I went and saw The Interpreter at the dollar theatre tonight. And, man, I wish I still had my dollar. I felt like the movie dragged on forever, and after one critical scene I turned to my friend and said, oh, so that means that blah, blah, blah. Thus ruining and spoiling the end of the movie. Anyway, it was predictable and Nicole Kidman seemed to think that if she spoke kind of huskily that would make the film more dramatic. And Sean Penn's character's side story was pointless. The whole film was crap and, honestly, I could have made it better by leaving a 1/3 of it on the cutting room floor. Two thumbs down.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
I went and saw The Interpreter at the dollar theatre tonight. And, man, I wish I still had my dollar. I felt like the movie dragged on forever, and after one critical scene I turned to my friend and said, oh, so that means that blah, blah, blah. Thus ruining and spoiling the end of the movie. Anyway, it was predictable and Nicole Kidman seemed to think that if she spoke kind of huskily that would make the film more dramatic. And Sean Penn's character's side story was pointless. The whole film was crap and, honestly, I could have made it better by leaving a 1/3 of it on the cutting room floor. Two thumbs down.

I just saw it as well, I wish I had spent only a dollar on it. :P

All jokes aside I didn't think it was that bad. But certainly not very memorable, maybe worth another watch.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
I saw unleashed tonight.  Pretty solid had a few badass action scenes and Morgan Freeman is good in it as is Jet Li.

I saw that one recently too. The action is good but nothing too spectacular. What I enjoyed was Jet Li playing a Rain Man like character. Interesting decision for him to take that part.

7/10

6/10 for Interpreter

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
I saw that one recently too. The action is good but nothing too spectacular.  What I enjoyed was Jet Li playing a Rain Man like character.  Interesting decision for him to take that part.

7/10

6/10 for Interpreter

He was one of the directors I think. The movie was nothing like I expected, but that action scene against the guy in the white suit was totally badass and the story while different was good. I agree, Jet Li did a good job with that role (a much different role than he's used to).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
He was one of the directors I think.  The movie was nothing like I expected, but that action scene against the guy in the white suit was totally badass and the story while different was good.  I agree, Jet Li did a good job with that role (a much different role than he's used to).

He was a producer.

On an interesting note the movie's original title was Danny The Dog and the director's name is Louis Leterrier which translates to Louis The Terrier

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
He was a producer.

On an interesting note the movie's original title was Danny The Dog and the director's name is Louis Leterrier which translates to Louis The Terrier

Doesn't it go by danny the dog in france still?

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 28, 2005 -> 04:42 AM)
Doesn't it go by danny the dog in france still?

yes...and i heard that europe's version is few minutes longer and very unnoticably different.....i heard the ending was different and that there were more scenes with Victoria, Li and Morgan's characters.

So, not actually a movie...But some friends and I watched a few episodes of the series Wonder Falls tonight. It only had like 3 episodes aired or something--but it was really funny and good. Interesting. Just a consideration for a night in and renting a dvd.

Rented The Final Cut on DVD this weekend. It started Robin Williams and Mira Sorvino in a pretty cool sci-fi style movie. Basically in the near future, this company offers implants that films every second of a persons life, and then when they die, people called "cutters" edit down peoples lives to a short highlight film called a "rememory".

My only complaint was the movie ended a little quickly/abruptly for my liking. It is definately worth a rental though.