Films

LosMediasBlancas

Watched the French film 8 Women with a couple people today.An interesting murder mystery, with some very odd songs, and equally odd lesbian scenes. It's sort of a nod to the old murder mystery genre especially the locked room (think J. Dickson Carr or Agatha Christie). Interesting, but the ending was a bit abrubt. Worth a rental if you like detective tales of yore.

Also finished watching The Thorn Birds with my roommate (who's Jewish and asked at one point: Is a priest supposed to have sex with people?) yesterday. Classic but overacted and melodramatic. More fun with a bottle of wine and people that don't mind snide comments throughout the movie.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
I rented Assault on Precinct 13 about a week ago, thought it was fantastic.  That's all I got. ;)

Isn't that a follow up to Training Day?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
Isn't that a follow up to Training Day?

Not even close. It is a remake of the 1976 version.

They were supposedly suppose to start on the second one but i don't knwo what is going on.

Edited by qwerty

saw "a hard day's night" for the first time tonight.

Suprised i haven't seen it earlier considering i was brought up such a big beatles fan.

Definitely different...

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
Saw Longest Yard.................funniest movie of 2005.

Only thing or things about that movie I liked, was Courtney Cox's post pregnancy cleavage.

• 2 weeks later...

Every once in a while, in a marriage, you have to 'take one for the team'. Last night was one of those nights. We went to see "Bewitched'.....that might very well be the worst movie I have ever seen. Ya ever had such a bad time somewhere that you actually become angry? :angry:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Just rented Collateral and Cellular.

Any thoughts?

Cellular was surprisingly entertaining. Fast paced and short. Nothing to write home about, but fun.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
Collateral was surprisingly good.

^^^ That is pretty much what I thought too. I didn't expect much and came away pleasently surprised... it was a little cardboard and predictable at spots, but not too bad.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
I just saw Clerks for the first time tonight.  It's really incredible how good the writing was when considering how low budget this is. Kevin Smith really is a genius writer.

Wow, you just saw Clerks? Have you seen any of the rest of the Kevin Smith movies?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Wow, you just saw Clerks?  Have you seen any of the rest of the Kevin Smith movies?

Sadly just the Jay and Silent Bob movie. Needless to say the rest of his movies are on my must seee list.

I finally saw Troy last night.. I'm not so into those kinds of movies, but I really enjoyed it.

Also.. saw Hitch over the weekend.. Will Smith is hysterical and hugely underrated as an actor IMO. Kevin Smith had me LMAO also.