Are you spending your money

Texsox

Put your money where your politics are

Raven Brooks is making his Christmas list, but he is less concerned with what to buy than where to shop.

Brooks is one of a small group of frustrated Democrats who met while commiserating online after President Bush defeated Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.). Disenchanted and desperate for a voice, they started BuyBlue.org. The two-week-old Web site lists the political contributions of major companies to encourage people to shop at stores and buy products from businesses that supported Democratic candidates.

Buyblue.org

You reds can also see where to spend your money. Wal*Mart and K-Mart are big contributors to the GOP, Barnes and Noble and Sharper Image to the DEMs

Edited by Texsox

Those numbers are misleading. Its not necessarily the companies that are donating, but rather the people in charge who are doing the donating. For example, eBay donated more money to Republicans than Dems this cycle from its executive staff but the number of people donating was actually equal from its executive staff.

If I'm boycotting a company, its because of their corporate culture (e.g. WalMart and Cracker Barrel) and not because of where they give their dirty dirty PAC money.

Actually, I base my shopping tendencies on convenience, price, selection, etc.

I'm not gonna drive 50 extra miles because the douchebag who runs the local shop donates to the "other" political party.

...except for Y'All-Mart, I hate that place, and I don't care if they had the thing I wanted at the best price. I became nauseous whenever I've gone into that hellhole. Sam's Club, on the other hand....that's OK by me.....go figure.....

I dont give 2 s***s about the politics of a firm or business. When I open my wallet its to buy quality stuff at a fair price regardless of where their donation money went.

Yet another stupid, petty idea just as the boycott of leftist musicians and movie stars by right wing people is.

Intelligent people will not deprive themselves of good music or good shopping or good movies based on something so petty as politics. Intelligent people are able to forget about politics for just a little while so they can, you know, enjoy life.