AJ Pierzynski

Southside hitmen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The score said today five teams were after him. How they'd know that, unless the sox were seriously considering him, I don't know.

Boston wouldn't be involved yet as they want Varitek. TB is supposedly another. Coming back to the AL and the AL Central in particular has to have some attraction. And that the sox are always in the hunt for 1st place. Who knows, we'll see soon enough

Heard the same thing that we'll find out today if AJ signs with us or not. Im hoping he does because after losing Clement, it left a bad taste on my mouth. I thought we were doing good on our offseason until now we cant sign a SP.

Derik Lowe is the best option out there and he is the best fit for uscf, im not worried till he is gone.

Derik Lowe is the best option out there and he is the best fit for uscf, im not worried till he is gone.

Lowe won't be coming here ... Boras client for one, Detroit and LA are front runners for him.

Forget about Lowe.

i'm not sure about him. career .290+ hitter but last year he threw out about 23% of would-be basestealers, which i heard was a reason san fran got rid of him. miguel olivo threw out about 35%, sandy 40%(i was kinda surprised at that), and 29% for davis(didn't check on burke). we already know our pitching staff for the most part takes forever to get the ball to home plate. remember how bad, i.e.brian roberts of baltimore, made us look last year. could be that much worse w/ pierzynski. is the offense that much worth it? he was like a .307 hitter w/ RISP and a.270+ hitter w/ 2 outs and RISP, but is it worth it if we're supposed to be building around defense and pitching? i dunno.

i'm not sure about him. career .290+ hitter but last year he threw out about 23% of would-be basestealers, which i heard was a reason san fran got rid of him.  miguel olivo threw out about 35%, sandy 40%(i was kinda surprised at that), and 29% for davis(didn't check on burke).  we already know our pitching staff for the most part takes forever to get the ball to home plate.  remember how bad, i.e.brian roberts of baltimore, made us look last year.  could be that much worse w/ pierzynski.  is the offense that much worth it?  he was like a .307 hitter w/ RISP and a.270+ hitter w/ 2 outs and RISP, but is it worth it if we're supposed to be building around defense and pitching? i dunno.

first off yes it would make a huge differenss

Davis threw out .273% hit .231 :puke CERA 5.15

Olivo threw out .333% hit .270 CERA 4.69

burke threw out .421% hit .333 CERA 4.78

A.J threw out .227% and hit .272 CERA 4.23

so before you go putting s*** in bold check your stats!!!

Now im really missing Olivo, but burke appears he did a little better than A.J. in his limited action, but i still think we need A.J.

and i think this shows you how much Davis sucks. 5.15 CERA .273 CS :puke .230 BA enough said

first off yes it would make a huge differenss

Davis threw out .273% hit .231 :puke  CERA 5.15

Olivo threw out .333% hit .270 CERA 4.69

burke threw out .421% hit .333 CERA 4.78

A.J threw out .227% and hit .272 CERA 4.23

so before you go putting s*** in bold check your stats!!!

Now im really missing Olivo, but burke appears he did a little better than A.J. in his limited action, but i still think we need A.J.

and i think this shows you how much Davis sucks. 5.15 CERA .273 CS :puke  .230 BA enough said

obviously you don't value the importance of defense. and also, why don't YOU check your stats? might help if you visit a site before posting numbers. try:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/ml...ator=pierzynski

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/ml...mit&timeFrame=1

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/ml...=XXXX110184cha2

i would think someone who has posted here more than i have would know that by now, guess not.

ESPN 790 in South Florida said sources within A.J. Pierzynski's camp say that the recently released catcher is deciding between two teams with similar offers: the White Sox and the Rays.

From WSI

That rumor is false. The guy on WSI that started it is a jag.

ESPN Radio 1000 said AJ was supposed to decide tonight what he was going to do.

They also said a source in the White Sox front office said if he announces tonight, it wouldn't be good news for the Sox. Not quite sure whats going on here.