boycott

LowerCaseRepublican

It's not French, but since we are all worried about people (i.e. the Iraqi civilians that so many conservatives are so compassionate about saving...granted I think more people are compassionate about the oil fields they are standing on) you may all agree with me on this.

Taco Bell. Currently they are paying the people who work in the tomato fields absolute s*** wages. They have to haul 2000 pounds of tomatoes per day in order to receive $50. So, boycott Taco Bell and their filthy wage slave tomatoes and make them pay better wages.

Granted, I don't know a lot of people that eat there anyways, but it is always good that even if you don't eat there to call their corporate HQ and let them know that you hate wage slavery and that you're boycotting (since you won't really be giving anything up than their s***ty food that you never ate anyways)

It's not French, but since we are all worried about people (i.e. the Iraqi civilians that so many conservatives are so compassionate about saving...granted I think more people are compassionate about the oil fields they are standing on) you may all agree with me on this.

Taco Bell.  Currently they are paying the people who work in the tomato fields absolute s*** wages.  They have to haul 2000 pounds of tomatoes per day in order to receive $50.  So, boycott Taco Bell and their filthy wage slave tomatoes and make them pay better wages.

Granted, I don't know a lot of people that eat there anyways, but it is always good that even if you don't eat there to call their corporate HQ and let them know that you hate wage slavery and that you're boycotting (since you won't really be giving anything up than their s***ty food that you never ate anyways)

thats so stupid i bet $50 a day there is probally 10 times more than the average person there makes a day.

Taco Bell.  Currently they are paying the people who work in the tomato fields absolute s*** wages.  They have to haul 2000 pounds of tomatoes per day in order to receive $50.  So, boycott Taco Bell and their filthy wage slave tomatoes and make them pay better wages.

what country???

what country???

The United States....Florida to be more precise.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/24/Columns/...ould_help.shtml

http://www.naplesnews.com/02/03/naples/d763633a.htm

There are a lot more links on the Rage Against the Machine web site where it has "Tom Talks at Taco Bell protest"

The protests have been going for a while, but there is a new boycott in the works around the midwest in solidarity with their continual actions.

what country???

The United States....Florida to be more precise.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/24/Columns/...ould_help.shtml

http://www.naplesnews.com/02/03/naples/d763633a.htm

There are a lot more links on the Rage Against the Machine web site where it has "Tom Talks at Taco Bell protest"

The protests have been going for a while, but there is a new boycott in the works around the midwest in solidarity with their continual actions.

apu.. i used to live there...went to high school in naples...that town they are talking about..immokalee (35 miles from naples) we used to play them in high school....funny thing is that little migrant town has produced 3 starting running backs in the NFL..albert bentley with indy in the 80's ( i played against him in high school)..erict rhett in the 90's and currently edgerrin james

doesnt surprise me..that town is about as backwards as they come..even today no elctricity or indoor plumbing for most of the inhabitants...an example of how out of touch they are..when eddergin james made the NFL..his mother couldnt believe that yopu got paid to play football..she used to mail him 20 bucks aweek out of her pay for working in the fields...they havent got a clue back there

perhaps who ever is organizing or ivolved in the boycott (maybe you?) should try and contact edgerrin james or one of the other two who are from there and see if they would be a voice??...since they grew up there and probably pick more than then share of fruit and veggies while growing up

check it opn the map...its right out in the middle of the everglades...there is nothing around it...

apu.. i used to live there...went to high school in naples...that town they are talking about..immokalee (35 miles from naples) we used to play them in high school....funny thing is that little migrant town has produced 3 starting running backs in the NFL..albert bentley with indy in the 80's ( i played against him in high school)..erict rhett in the 90's and currently edgerrin james

Edgerrin James' brother and cousin both played their college football here at ISU! :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

ahhi only stop eatin tacco bell if they hurt that little dog............otherwise everything else is fair game.........hey at least they employ someone beats us having to pay their welfare with our tax dollars right.......... :D

ahhi only stop eatin tacco bell if they hurt that little dog............otherwise everything else is fair game.........hey at least they employ someone beats us having to pay their welfare with our tax dollars right.......... :D

They are getting paid way below our poverty line. It's sickening. I'd also rather have money going to help people than to the military industrial complex.

APU all Illinois Taco Bells get ALL produce from local produce retailers not Fl. So if you want ,Boycott FL TB because they are the only ones using FL Tomatoes. Locally they supply 12 TB's in central Illinois , you need a new cause. :nono

APU all Illinois Taco Bells get ALL produce from local produce retailers not Fl. So if you want ,Boycott FL TB because they are the only ones using FL Tomatoes. Locally they supply 12 TB's in central Illinois , you need a new cause. :nono

The boycott is against giving them money knowing that they exploit workers, no matter where it's at. Just like when Nike was using sweatshop labor, I stopped purchasing Nikes in protest of their usage of sweatshop labor in Central America.

We're actually trying to work with a national campaign based out of Florida with this. My friend Dann has a lot of friends down in Florida that are working with this cause, etc. So, we're trying to spread awareness and get people to stop giving money to a company which so blatantly exploits their workers.

They are getting paid way below our poverty line. It's sickening. I'd also rather have money going to help people than to the military industrial complex.

not really they pick tomatoes you get a husband, wife team thats 24k a year not great but working 5 days a week and making 24k for a household where there is no running water. is 10 times better than what most people are getting you might want to rethink your statement apu.

not really they pick tomatoes you get a husband, wife team thats 24k a year not great but working 5 days a week and making 24k for a household where there is no running water. is 10 times better than what most people are getting you might want to rethink your statement apu.

They work in the equivilent of sweatshops. (They have been deemed that by workers rights organizations, human rights organizations, etc.) They are LUCKY if they make $50 a day...that's if they work their ass off.

Read up in the news etc. on the subject and their conditions. Tom Morello from RATM and Audioslave is a big activist in this. check www.ratm.com and they have a lot of news links for it. Read up on it, 420.

And oh yeah 420, in agricultural labor...it's not 5 days a week. I work in the summers at a farm, 6 days a week but most everybody there works 7 and usually for more than 8 hours. You don't get a full weekend off when the harvest is in. You gotta work til its done as much as possible so the stuff doesn't rot.

They work in the equivilent of sweatshops. (They have been deemed that by workers rights organizations, human rights organizations, etc.) They are LUCKY if they make $50 a day...that's if they work their ass off.

Read up in the news etc. on the subject and their conditions. Tom Morello from RATM and Audioslave is a big activist in this. check www.ratm.com and they have a lot of news links for it. Read up on it, 420.

And oh yeah 420, in agricultural labor...it's not 5 days a week. I work in the summers at a farm, 6 days a week but most everybody there works 7 and usually for more than 8 hours. You don't get a full weekend off when the harvest is in. You gotta work til its done as much as possible so the stuff doesn't rot.

i also work on a farm and i work 50-60 hours a week during the summer i know how it works. i just have to comment on how bias you say cnn and all the other news stations but your sorces have no creadabilty 90% of the time.

If you want kick ass Mexican food, especially breakfasts (I recommend the Chorizo con Huevos), go to TacoMex on 107th and Torrence. Reasonably priced and free chips and salsa with every meal  :headbang

I recommend El Conejo off of the 5 free way in Irvine for those in SoCal. Great food, cheaper then cheap prices.

If you want kick ass Mexican food, especially breakfasts (I recommend the Chorizo con Huevos), go to TacoMex on 107th and Torrence. Reasonably priced and free chips and salsa with every meal  :headbang

I recommend El Conejo off of the 5 free way in Irvine for those in SoCal. Great food, cheaper then cheap prices.

What about the free chips and salsa? :huh:

If you want kick ass Mexican food, especially breakfasts (I recommend the Chorizo con Huevos), go to TacoMex on 107th and Torrence. Reasonably priced and free chips and salsa with every meal  :headbang

What about the free chips and salsa? :huh:

Ya, they got that. :headbang

i also work on a farm and i work 50-60 hours a week during the summer i know how it works. i just have to comment on how bias you say cnn and all the other news stations but your sorces have no creadabilty 90% of the time.

The Guardian Unlimited, the BBC, etc. are some of the most respected international papers. The Nation, The Progressive, etc. They are all respected educational journals.

But let's not give an example of how they are wrong either, eh 420? Put your facts where your mouth is.

I could give a rats ass where Taco Hell gets their tomatoes from. I boycott them because their food is horses***..... the absolute worst of the fast food chains  :puke

Yes, yet another thing we can agree on. Their food is horses***. Which makes it VERY easy for people to boycott it for a more noble reason.

The Guardian Unlimited, the BBC, etc. are some of the most respected international papers. The Nation, The Progressive, etc. They are all respected educational journals.

But let's not give an example of how they are wrong either, eh 420? Put your facts where your mouth is.

the BBC respected???by who??

Baghdad Broadcasting Corp :fyou

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey i raised two kids on less than that for quite a few years....... and i never once took handouts or welfare........so if i can live on that they surely can too...............

What is it with Americans and taco fast food joints? When I went to Great Falls Montana I counted 8 different taco franchises, here we have 2(Taco Bell and Taco Time) they both suck. I agree that they are grossly underpaid, but I live on my own in an expensive resort town on about that much income (and can take the odd trip to Chicago :headbang )so who knows.