Ben Davis

Reddy

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO this is proof KW is a total f***ing moron...

Ben Davis could now sign with another team. We have no catcher at all now and any agent is going to really know how desperate KW is and make him pay out the ass. Of course he won't and all this will do is have us wind up with a catcher that is worse then Ben Davis. :puke

IMO this is proof KW is a total f***ing moron...

Ben Davis could now sign with another team. We have no catcher at all now and any agent is going to really know how desperate KW is and make him pay out the ass. Of course he won't and all this will do is have us wind up with a catcher that is worse then Ben Davis. :puke

I was happy last night, now im pissed... KW cant you do ANYTHING right?????

Why would Davis be back for more Money? That would be really stupid, You non tender a guy to pay him less not more ;)

yeah that would f***ing piss me off even more. It's like Timo again, stop f***ing wasting money on s*** players and get AJ/Eck/Perez!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll are freaking out over nothing. The reports I've heard regarding Davis do not say that we will be paying him MORE money than he was going to get before he was non-tendered.

And, we need Davis on the roster whether or not we sign AJ. We need more than one catcher on the roster. Hell, many teams carry three.

Ya'll are freaking out over nothing.  The reports I've heard regarding Davis do not say that we will be paying him MORE money than he was going to get before he was non-tendered.

And, we need Davis on the roster whether or not we sign AJ.  We need more than one catcher on the roster.  Hell, many teams carry three.

burke..............?

Ya'll are freaking out over nothing.  The reports I've heard regarding Davis do not say that we will be paying him MORE money than he was going to get before he was non-tendered.

And, we need Davis on the roster whether or not we sign AJ.  We need more than one catcher on the roster.  Hell, many teams carry three.

Burke...

Let's see here what's better--Davis/Burke or AJ/Burke?

Burke>Davis

Yes, Ben Davis will not sign for more money than he was making last year. The main reason we didn't tender him was because we would have had to pay him more than we wanted. By non-tendering him, we can sign him to a lesser deal. However, if we were to sign someone like A.J., I think Burke makes a much better back up player.

In burke's time in the Major's he's hit amazingly and he'd be a kickass backup catcher.  You cant say anything close to the same about davis.

Loaiza sucked ass before he was given a chance also.

Damn this place sucks the last few days.. :unsure:

I think the point he was making is Burke can also play 3B, 1B, RF.

With both Davis and Burke as backups to AJ Ozzie would have alot more flexibility for his lineups (which he likes)

that i wouldnt mind... im just scared KW wont go after AJ because he's "fully confident in Big Ben's abilities"

In burke's time in the Major's he's hit amazingly and he'd be a kickass backup catcher.  You cant say anything close to the same about davis.

I sure can.

I like Burke, he is a great guy and a good utility player. If he were so valuable though, why would he have cleared waivers so many times?

They should strive to have the strongest catching corps possible. That would be Pierzynski, Davis, and a 25th man who can catch and play other positions, i.e. Burke.

I suspect that's what Ozzie wants, seeing as he likes having more flexibility and has stated several times he likes guys who can play multiple positions.

Not to mention Davis is a lot younger, with possible upside.