"Homeless" scam!

mreye

LOL!

This certainly isin't the 1st time I've heard stories like this. Kind of reminds me of the opening scenes of the movie "Payback" where Mel Gibson steals 3 bucks from a "vietnam vet cripple" then chokes him out when the guy gets up to stop him.

"I cured ya"

There has always got to be someone to ruin it for people who are truely needy.

Did you notice how unintentionally funny (darkly funny) that statement was after you typed it? :unsure:

'See, here the run-down, mentally and physically ill, substance-addicted, homeless folks have a good thing going... and then SOMEBODY HAS TO COME ALONG AND RUIN IT!' :ph34r:

Did you notice how unintentionally funny (darkly funny) that statement was after you typed it?  :unsure:

'See, here the run-down, mentally and physically ill, substance-addicted, homeless folks have a good thing going... and then SOMEBODY HAS TO COME ALONG AND RUIN IT!'  :ph34r:

It was meant to be honest. Many people give to the homeless out of the good of their own hearts. Many need every penny they get. If you implant doubt in a small portion of the people who give them money, that could be the difference between getting a meal or not for some people. It could be the difference between sleeping on the street or affording a cheap room.

This honestly does bother me.

It was meant to be honest.  Many people give to the homeless out of the good of their own hearts.  Many need every penny they get.  If you implant doubt in a small portion of the people who give them money, that could be the difference between getting a meal or not for some people.  It could be the difference between sleeping on the street or affording a cheap room. 

This honestly does bother me.

I don't doubt the sincerity, I was just morosely ammused by the sentence you wrote.

Did you notice how unintentionally funny (darkly funny) that statement was after you typed it?  :unsure:

'See, here the run-down, mentally and physically ill, substance-addicted, homeless folks have a good thing going... and then SOMEBODY HAS TO COME ALONG AND RUIN IT!'  :ph34r:

LOL. I am certain it was unintentional, but funny never the less.

We have the underpass guys down here. They are dropped off every morning in their wheelchairs and they work the traffic all day then when their shift is over, the van picks them up. They muscle out anyone who tries and move in on their territory. It's like a frickin' franchise. I never give them anything. Well once I gave one of the guys a cap from the "other country club" in town, and told him I would give him $1 every time I saw him wearing it. After two days he told me someone bought it from him for $10 and he asked me if I could get him another one :lol:

The panhandlers I really hate are the squeege dudes. Anyone who has ever been through the I-55 interchange with Cicero knows exactly what I'm talking about. One time I had just finished washing my car and it was completely spotless until one of those assholes splashed scummy water on my windshield and started smearing it around. God I was pissed.

At least they are trying to provide a service. One thing I can say about Mexico is I have never seen an able bodied man asking for a handout. There is an army of squeegy dudes, (They do a great job), shoe shine guys, guys selling .05 chiclets for .50 etc. but they are trying to do something. The guys that won't at least try something bug me.

The panhandlers I really hate are the squeege dudes.  Anyone who has ever been through the I-55 interchange with Cicero knows exactly what I'm talking about.  One time I had just finished washing my car and it was completely spotless until one of those assholes splashed scummy water on my windshield and started smearing it around.  God I was pissed.

Agree.. they are horrible. And rude. And scarrrrryyy. :ph34r:

At least they are trying to provide a service. One thing I can say about Mexico is I have never seen an able bodied man asking for a handout. There is an army of squeegy dudes, (They do a great job), shoe shine guys, guys selling .05 chiclets for .50 etc. but they are trying to do something. The guys that won't at least try something bug me.

Have you been through the lines for crossing the boarder at Tijuana? There are kids juggling, people of all ages selling food, running for papers, cigarrettes, etc.

What bothers me is when i'm taking the train or traveling back home.

I can't pull a suitcase out of a taxi with some homeless dude coming up to me asking if they can "help" me. I always keep like five 10 dollar bills in my pocket just so I have something to give them so they will leave me alone. I'm always afraid one of these days i'll get robbed by one of them.

Have you been through the lines for crossing the boarder at Tijuana?  There are kids juggling, people of all ages selling food, running for papers, cigarrettes, etc.

Not that far west. But that is my point, they are selling something, running errands, etc, Not just sticking a cupin your face and asking for money.

Have you been through the lines for crossing the boarder at Tijuana?  There are kids juggling, people of all ages selling food, running for papers, cigarrettes, etc.

I spent a day in Tijuana back in 1994. What really messed with my head was seeing all of the stray dogs running around with zero meat on their bones, and in some cases, covered in scars.

My uncle, sick f*** that he is, talks about how he loves the place. :headshake

I spent a day in Tijuana back in 1994.  What really messed with my head was seeing all of the stray dogs running around with zero meat on their bones, and in some cases, covered in scars.

My uncle, sick f*** that he is, talks about how he loves the place.  :headshake

No meat on their bones is a survival skill ;)