Meaux and Villacus

Guest JimH

There must be something there, because the Sox were also willing to risk losing him....

Maybe he had some character issues, or stuff wise nothing really jumps out at you, but numbers wise he's been pretty succesful in the minors.

Who...Villacis?

I believe that start was against the Yanks. Evidently, taht's worth at least 5 runs on the ERA.

Organizational depth is important.

Does a 38th round draft pick seem worth the time and effort? It's been known to pay off...:)

Picking up Villacis did nothing to hurt us. Evidently if he's started in the majors before, he's got talent.

Who...Villacis?

I believe that start was against the Yanks. Evidently, taht's worth at least 5 runs on the ERA.

Organizational depth is important.

Does a 38th round draft pick seem worth the time and effort? It's been known to pay off...:)

Picking up Villacis did nothing to hurt us. Evidently if he's started in the majors before, he's got talent.

I'm about winning now, I'm sorry if you feel differently...

I understand you are about winning now. How does this exactly hurt our chances for winning now? Picking up a guy off waivers in the middle of last season from Kansas City to help in the Birmingham rotation? I'm not seeing your logic on this one....

I understand you are about winning now. How does this exactly hurt our chances for winning now? Picking up a guy off waivers in the middle of last season from Kansas City to help in the Birmingham rotation? I'm not seeing your logic on this one....

My logic is not just about him, but shouldn't we be adding free agents that have some sort of upside to him? I'm also saying that our minor league talent is so weak that we need it restocked, this is all my opinion. And I see no one that jumps out and screams in my face that is really that good other than Sweeney, Bullard, Anderson and BMac...

This is all my opinion, okay? So I don't need to be b****ed at about something so little as this minor re-signing.

Thats all.

It's just that you come off like this is a bad move when it is nothing of the such. We've had him since the middle of last year. We've dropped him off the 40 man and just signed him to a minor league deal.

On a side note it'll be interesting to see how Bull performs this year. He needs a good one if he wants to make it on that 40 man.

It's just that you come off like this is a bad move when it is nothing of the such. We've had him since the middle of last year. We've dropped him off the 40 man and just signed him to a minor league deal.

On a side note it'll be interesting to see how Bull performs this year. He needs a good one if he wants to make it on that 40 man.

I'm saying that I believe our minors are unbelievably weak.

Yeah, it isn't too pretty. I guess what I was thinking, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you thought it was because of moves like this...

No, its just because of all the people we've lost though we have committed ourselves to getting better players faster. Thats all, Alex.

Beastly, learn how teams run organizations before you start talking s*** you don't know about. About winning now? Of course, but that's not the point. This move does not influence the payroll much at all. Simply he could help us in the future. He was not signed to help us last year. He has some talent and could be a good find. Singing these guys is a common move made by all GMs. I don't see why you seem to bash these moves and say they don't help us now, as if they hurt us now. These moves only have upside.

Beastly, learn how teams run organizations before you start talking s*** you don't know about. About winning now? Of course, but that's not the point. This move does not influence the payroll much at all. Simply he could help us in the future. He was not signed to help us last year. He has some talent and could be a good find. Singing these guys is a common move made by all GMs. I don't see why you seem to bash these moves and say they don't help us now, as if they hurt us now. These moves only have upside.

Well if you want to be an asshole about it, take it up with me like a man in a PM.

I was NOT bashing this signing of this minor league ball player. I am just saying that our minor league system is crap, other than 5-10 lucky players that MIGHT pan out.

I wasn't complaining about the money in this signing? I was just saying, this isn't helping us win a friggin pennant, so why should we give a flying hell about this move?

Oh wow, you can say the word "s***" aren't you so special, Mr. Dan?

I was just saying, this isn't helping us win a friggin pennant, so why should we give a flying hell about this move?

Apparently you don't appreciate this kind of stuff. It's the kind of low risk/high reward move that could help us win the pennant. That's why some of us care.

1st off, this is the minor leauge board, so why would even try to bring up that we shouldnt care?

2nd, No offense goes out to Bull on this one, I wish you all the best in getting to Chicago, but you said the only names that really jump out at you in are minor system for making it is Sweeney, Anderson, BULL, and Bmac. I have yet to seen Bull on any top ten list for prospects we have, and like Alex said, he is going to have to pitch damn well to make it on the 40 man. That to me shows how little you actually know about the minor's. Im not a huge fan of Dan actually, but I do respect him for the info he brings, because he has alot of info on our minors.

Don't get so defensive on a bonehead thing you said.

Ditto.

If you don't care about the minor league system, no need to spew your crap around to those who really do give a damn about this team's system...

Dan... :headbang

My logic is not just about him, but shouldn't we be adding free agents that have some sort of upside to him? I'm also saying that our minor league talent is so weak that we need it restocked, this is all my opinion. And I see no one that jumps out and screams in my face that is really that good other than Sweeney, Bullard, Anderson and BMac...

This is all my opinion, okay? So I don't need to be b****ed at about something so little as this minor re-signing.

Thats all.

Beastly, you got some researching to do about the sox minor league system. Also he wasn't the one who started this argument, you did. No big dea,l man, just no need to start an argument over it.

Im not a huge fan of Dan actually, but I do respect him for the info he brings, because he has alot of info on our minors.

Thanks...I think. :lol:

I didn't mean to offend you beastly, it just bothers me when people talk about stuff they really don't know about.

Well if you want to be an asshole about it, take it up with me like a man in a PM.

I was NOT bashing this signing of this minor league ball player. I am just saying that our minor league system is crap, other than 5-10 lucky players that MIGHT pan out.

I wasn't complaining about the money in this signing? I was just saying, this isn't helping us win a friggin pennant, so why should we give a flying hell about this move?

Oh wow, you can say the word "s***" aren't you so special, Mr. Dan?

Because if it weren't for the minors you wouldn't be able to cheer for guys like Maggs, Buehrle, Caballo, Crede, Garland, etc.

Whether your like it or not these type of moves need to be made. In the case of Meaux and Villy, they may not ever effect the major league roster but you never know. At the same time it helps give Bham or Charlotte better ballclubs and some solid vets that will help there team.

That also helps every prospect because it helps you be a part of a winning team and when your minor league teams win you hope to teach your players how to win at the lower levels so it carries on up.

In Meaux case, I wouldn't write him off, but I think his time to shine, like Bull's, will come with another major league team, unfortunately. Especially since they are both total class acts.