My Uncle is kinda a hero!!

Steff

I mentioned last week that he was with a group of Seals on or near the West Bank.... my aunt called my grama who called me and said that he was with the group that got the information about the POW's in the hospital. He did not participate in the rescue, but he did aid in getting out the other bodies. Since my aunt told this, I'm guessing I can tell it too...

Seems that on Friday troops backtracked because they heard "Chemical Ali" (I think that's right - going off memory here) was hiding in an area that had been "semi-secured" When they returned to the area several Iraqi's gave them info regarding the holding of several POW's in the basement of a hospital. 2 seals went in "undercover" to verify and they found them, returned to base and planed the rescue. My uncle said the deceased soldiers were beaten bad and looked to have burned with cigarettes all over their bodies. Also, and this is really gross, that one of them looked like his tongue had been cut off/out (maybe because he wouldn't talk, or wouldn't stop talking?)

That's all I got. My grama couldn't remember a lot of the details. But sounds positive that Iraqi are helping the US soldiers.

I mentioned last week that he was with a group of Seals on or near the West Bank.... my aunt called my grama who called me and said that he was with the group that got the information about the POW's in the hospital. He did not participate in the rescue, but he did aid in getting out the other bodies. Since my aunt told this, I'm guessing I can tell it too...

Seems that on Friday troops backtracked because they heard "Chemical Ali" (I think that's right - going off memory here) was hiding in an area that had been "semi-secured" When they returned to the area several Iraqi's gave them info regarding the holding of several POW's in the basement of a hospital. 2 seals went in "undercover" to verify and they found them, returned to base and planed the rescue. My uncle said the deceased soldiers were beaten bad and looked to have burned with cigarettes all over their bodies. Also, and this is really gross, that one of them looked like his tongue had been cut off/out (maybe because he wouldn't talk, or wouldn't stop talking?)

That's all I got. My grama couldn't remember a lot of the details. But sounds positive that Iraqi are helping the US soldiers.

this baby could go quick now..reports are iraqis are turning around and fighting against the republican gaurd....pentagon is saying the medina and baghdad division of the republican gaurd are destroyed...

pentagon is still saying this will take a long time..but the new in the last 24 hours have been very good..excluding the news on the other POW's