Soldiers Confined In Search For Missing Item

Texsox

http://www.wral.com/news/4005907/detail.html

FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- It's described as a "sensitive item," and because no one can find it, about 130 82nd Airborne Division soldiers are being confined in their unit area for a week.

Military officials won't describe the item that's missing until the investigation is complete.

The soldiers are assigned to Company C of the Third Battalion of the 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment. They are scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan for a year this spring.

The Army confines soldiers to their unit areas to find missing items that have to be accounted for at all times, such as weapons or equipment that is expensive or secret. A division spokesman says each unit can determine what equipment is sensitive.

I wonder what could be missing? Sounds serious.

http://www.wral.com/news/4005907/detail.html

I wonder what could be missing? Sounds serious.

Any time a weapon, Night Vision Device, communications security device, or a GPS go missing like that the unit is "Locked Down" until the missing item is found.

I remember one time a few years ago my whole battalion got locked down like that for 4 days when a M16 came up missing.

Any time a weapon, Night Vision Device, communications security device, or a GPS go missing like that the unit is "Locked Down" until the missing item is found.

I remember one time a few years ago my whole battalion got locked down like that for 4 days when a M16 came up missing.

Nothing like treating men like adults :headshake I suppose it is a good method to find something, but it sure reminds me of a kindergarten class.