Aaron Rowand

WHarris1

Not sure if this deserved it's own thread or not...

A multiyear deal with Aaron Rowand is proving to be hard to reach, so the White Sox may just sign him for one year.

Rowand was exceptional last year, but the White Sox are going to want to see him do it again before giving him a big contract. A one-year deal probably would be for the best.

Rotoworld

Best Case Senerio, Rowand picks up right where he left off last year, and we re-sign him to a 4, 5 year deal in June or July.

Offering far below market value then when he doesn't sign we bad mouth him in the press..

Brilliant

What else you working on?

Rowand is a stud, only going to get better esp playing at coors lite.

Offering far below market value then when he doesn't sign we bad mouth him in the press..

Brilliant

What else you working on?

Rowand is a stud, only going to get better esp playing at coors lite.

Wow I hate to agree with Anthrax...

I mean what the hell you sign Uribe after one year but you don't sign a career .270 + hitter who is home grown and works his ass off.

Signing AROW needs to get done ASAP. KW drops the ball on this and he should be fired.

KW waits too long and he will be commanding JD Drew type money in a few years.

I mean what the hell you sign Uribe after one year but you don't sign a career .270 + hitter who is home grown and works his ass off.

Signing AROW needs to get done ASAP. KW drops the ball on this and he should be fired.

Jeckle will have a stroke if KW starts to low ball Arow. He may finally snap.

keep in mind you have two different guys.

Uribe is not only more talented, but plays a more important position and has proven himself more, although not by much, than Rowand.

Personally I'd lock up Rowand to a deal similar but slightly less than Uribe, but signing him to a one-year deal isn't a bad idea either ... let him prove he can do it again.

This is probably aaron wanting more money so the sox are going to hold out on offering more until he proves himself again. From all reports the sox offered Arow a similar to deal as they did with Juan, aaron probably wants more money so the sox are just going to wait, jmo.

Uribe is not only more talented, but plays a more important position and has proven himself more, although not by much, than Rowand.

Personally I'd lock up Rowand to a deal similar but slightly less than Uribe, but signing him to a one-year deal isn't a bad idea either ... let him prove he can do it again.

:huh:

IMO the 3 most important DEF postions on the Diamond are

2b

SS

and

CF

Always want to have a soild middle, which Rowand provides. He is one of the few home grown talents we have that have panned out, time to pay the man for f***ing him over the last 3 years.

I don't know how to reply...

CF is an important position and he is one of the best defensively in the game....check!

.270 career hitter, Uribe wishes he could touch that....check!

How exactly is Uribe more proven, that is BS. Also Rowand is twice the player Uribe will ever be. If KW is too stupid to see he deserves more then Uribe then he needs to be fired.

Rowand >>> Uribe

:huh:

IMO the 3 most important DEF postions on the Diamond are

2b

SS

and

CF

Always want to have a soild middle, which Rowand provides. He is one of the few home grown talents we have that have panned out, time to pay the man for f***ing him over the last 3 years.

Catcher, short, center.

I am not in a huge rush to give A Row big money, especially with Anderson and Sweeney developing nicely.

Let's see what he does this season and then work out a multi-year deal.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I love the way Aaron plays the game, but he has had one good year, and CF is the deepest position we have in the minors. We could absorb the loss of Rowand easier than Uribe over the next couple of years...

In rank of importance: C, SS, CF, 2B. If you don't have a C that can't block wild pitches or in the dirt pitches you'll lose. If you don't have a C who at least makes a runner caution against stealing you'll lose. It's far more important to have a strong defensive catcher with a weak bat than a weak defensive catcher with a strong bat.

Hence the knock on AJP. He's a strong bat with a weak glove+arm.

The SS typically has to field more plays, cutoffs, & SB attempts then any other player.

The CF has to cover the widest territory in the OF.

Aarond's coming off a great year ranking in the top 15th overall offensively in the AL.

Even if it's a 1 yr deal it still gives the CWS an op to negotiate an extension throughout the season.

I am not in a huge rush to give A Row big money, especially with Anderson and Sweeney developing nicely.

Let's see what he does this season and then work out a multi-year deal.

Can't agree more, and that's all that was promised. I posted back in October that the Sox were going to reward Aaron for his play this year.. that's all this is, and I don't believe he expected anything more.

I'm still skeptical. Rowand's OBP from year-to-year goes like this:

Drew 30 walks in roughly 500 PAs last year, he's a prime candidate to revert back to form of a 750 OPS guy. The Sox are smart to signing him to only a one year deal.

I'm still skeptical. Rowand's OBP from year-to-year goes like this:

Drew 30 walks in roughly 500 PAs last year, he's a prime candidate to revert back to form of a 750 OPS guy. The Sox are smart to signing him to only a one year deal.

I agree. If his stats are still good after this year then sign him to a big contract (3 or 4 years). If he is as good as i think he is than ARow is the kind of guy i want for a long time. I think hes the type of hitter you can build your offense around.