Miller signs with BoSox

bigred3535

Damn Miller would have been a good option. BoSox keeps signing everybody. They became the yankees all of a sudden.

It hasn't been all of the sudden.

ONE of their core players from their team last year was home grown.

And his name was Trot Nixon, not that significant of a player.

They are just as bad, if not worse, than New York.

Lets add this to the list of dumb f***ing moves by KW, a pitcher with a s***load of good stuff he lets slip out of his fingers.. Hell why could have not signed both? Then dealt Garland/Harris off for an upgrade at 2b.

You act as if the White Sox offered an equal deal, he'd have dropped his s*** and signed with the White Sox. It doesn't work that way. If two deals of equal value come on the table, one from the White Sox, the other from the Red, you'd be stupid not to take the one from the Red. The Sox would have had to overpay an injury proned pitcher, and as we all know that ain't Jerry's style. It's not mine either, and it shouldn't ever be anyones. I can't wait until it bites the Mets in the arse.

Before everyone gets upset over Boston's signing of Wade Miller, go over to the MLB Houston Astros forum and read some of the posts regarding Miller's arm.

According to people over there:

"paying a pitcher who has a frayed rotator cuff and did not have surgery to repair it probably close to five million is WAY to high risk. Especially when doctors say the more stress he puts on it could cause it to become completely torn and cause him to miss at least a whole season if not longer."

No thanks.  Kenny did the right move to sign El Duque.  IMHO, it's much safer.  A dead arm like Buehrle has experienced is much DIFFERENT than "a frayed rotator cuff."

Let's just say Kenny signs Miller, and he turns out to be injured for the rest of the season, what's then?  MANY of you would automatically and unfairly jump on Kenny.

Do, you'll be damned.

Don't, you'll be damned.

Someone can just never be satisfied no matter what moves or non-moves Kenny makes!

I would have loved to see Miller in a Sox uniform, but I haven't seen anything suggesting he wanted to come here. It's a one-year deal -- good chance he wants to prove himself, then get a big payoff. If that's your goal, you might want to sign with the WS champs, who'll get a lot of publicity and have a very, very good chance of getting into the postseason. (Look what the postseason did for Derek Lowe.) Maybe the Sox didn't have much of a chance.

But El Duque a safe choice? Look at his ip over the last 4 years. He was shut down for a couple weeks towards the end of this past season. He's hardly a lock to be in the rotation the full year. Miller is younger, and could be an excellent pitcher for many years. There are a lot of reasons to prefer him to Hernandez, if he was available.

Btw, does anyone get surgery for a frayed rotator cuff? (Besides minor, cleaning-out type surgeries.) I didn't think surgery could repair that, but I could be wrong.

el duque is a nice addition, but would it really of hurt to add miller too? they both have injury problems, and have had tired arms. we signed hermanson for more than it woulda been to sign miller. plus, im not thrilled about 2 years for el duque. i think mulder is a free agent to be, but i might be wrong. if he is a free agent in two years instead of one, then it is a good move, mulder can replace el duque and we can have the best 1,2,3 starting pitching staff in the league, not counting on garland of contreras to rise above #4s, and assuming that contreras will prolly not be long term anyway. not a bad day for KW, but lets wait to see, his grading scale for the offseason is in the balance (for me at least, assuming there is only one more move)

signing eckstein = A-

signing cora = B+

nothing = B

p.s. lets be happy that we are at least MAKING MOVES TO IMPROVE, look at the CUBS!!!! NOTHING except resigning two guys. :fthecubs

Lets add this to the list of dumb f***ing moves by KW, a pitcher with a s***load of good stuff he lets slip out of his fingers.. Hell why could have not signed both? Then dealt Garland/Harris off for an upgrade at 2b.

yeah, let's just assume that pitching for the f***ing world champs instead of the White Sox wasn't an issue (see Matt Clement too,) and maybe this signing is really saying something about Miller's health.

:fyou get a new act already.

:headshake

WE CAN'T f***ING FORCE PLAYERS TO SIGN HERE MORON!!!!!!!!!

just for the record.... hernandez had a 3.30 era going 8-2 last year..... much carrying the yankees staff into the playoffs..

That's what I meant. It seems to me that the El Duque critics are just bypassing the fact that after the Duke came back from his injury, the first eight games he was very good. Look at Mark Prior after he came back from his injury last season with the Cubs, how had he panned out?

I'll tell you one thing. If the Duke is as good as he was after he came back from his injury last season, the Sox will have the BEST 3rd or 5th starting pitcher in the AL, and that would make the Sox a formidable team.

If we get Eckstein and sign Pierzynski (I know Kenny said no, but you never know), I would grade this offseason a big fat A+.

You act as if the White Sox offered an equal deal, he'd have dropped his s*** and signed with the White Sox. It doesn't work that way. If two deals of equal value come on the table, one from the White Sox, the other from the Red, you'd be stupid not to take the one from the Red. The Sox would have had to overpay an injury proned pitcher, and as we all know that ain't Jerry's style. It's not mine either, and it shouldn't ever be anyones. I can't wait until it bites the Mets in the arse.

Well said!! Its not like its between us and KC. Its hard to compete with the WS champ! :smilesanta

good point

Aboz and the other ignorant doofus' on this topic. Please tell me how signing Edgar Renteria, David Wells, Matt Clement, Matt Mantei and Wade Miller is anywhere even close to what the Yankees are doing.

Renteria accepts a deal that is worth eight million dollars less than what he was offered by two other teams as reported by rotoworld and will make only seven million dollars next season making this deal by far and away a top three steal of the free agent season.

David Wells signed a completely incentive based contract guaranteeing him only 2.5 million dollars, another smart move.

Matt Clement was not "bought" and again chose to take a deal worth less money than what he was offered to play for the storied Boston Red Sox, another excellent move.

Mantei was a complete low-risk high reward move, and Wade Miller fits that bill aswell.

There has yet to be any player "bought" or anything even remotely close that would indicate there with in the same league as the Yankees in terms of money. Not a single thing.

Aboz and the other ignorant doofus' on this topic.  Please tell me how signing Edgar Renteria, David Wells, Matt Clement, Matt Mantei and Wade Miller is anywhere even close to what the Yankees are doing.

Renteria accepts a deal that is worth eight million dollars less than what he was offered by two other teams as reported by rotoworld and will make only seven million dollars next season making this deal by far and away a top three steal of the free agent season.

David Wells signed a completely incentive based contract guaranteeing him only 2.5 million dollars, another smart move.

Matt Clement was not "bought" and again chose to take a deal worth less money than what he was offered to play for the storied Boston Red Sox, another excellent move.

Mantei was a complete low-risk high reward move, and Wade Miller fits that bill aswell.

There has yet to be any player "bought" or anything even remotely close that would indicate there with in the same league as the Yankees in terms of money.  Not a single thing.

Just asking but, exactly how many memebers of the Red Sox came up through their minor league system?

Well I think time will tell us whether that is true or not.

If he stays healthy, this guy is a #2 starter on most rotations in the league, one of the most underrated pitchers in the league. How he only signed for 1 year 4.5 million, while Kris Benson gets 22.5 million over 3 years really annoys the hell out of me.

If he stays healthy, this guy is a #2 starter on most rotations in the league, one of the most underrated pitchers in the league. How he only signed for 1 year 4.5 million, while Kris Benson gets 22.5 million over 3 years really annoys the hell out of me.

1.5 million is all that is guaranteed. It is virtually a no risk move.

Let me ask you guys one question. If you are Wade Miller, and you know that your pitching ability is better than those free-agent pitchers who have had contracts of $7 mil/year and above, and you know that your pitching shoulder is not DAMAGED GOOD, would you have signed for 1.5 mil/year with any club?

Hermanson got 2.5 mil/year from our team! Miller knows his shoulder is done. He's damaged good! I'm sorry to say. The Red Sox knows it too, and that's the reason why they gave him small change (to them) in hoping they might get lucky. And I really think Kenny also knows it, and that's why he did not go after Miller.

Do you really think Miller will abandon the $8 mil/2 years contract to pitch for the Red Sox for 1.5 mil? Stop being so naive! We got a good pitcher in El Duque!