Sears stepping up to the plate.

Steff

Have you guys seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, the employer is required to hold the individual's job open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people serving our country take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called to active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called-up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why you are there. The company then gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Have you guys seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, the employer is required to hold the individual's job open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people serving our country take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called to active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called-up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why you are there. The company then gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

i already know that sears was always been a class act and all newpapers should carry this./

Damn, thats rather noble of them. I agree, if I need to buy anything and I know Sears has it, I'll try to get it from them.

Guest hotsoxchick1

sears is not the only company which does this...... there is a long list of others ...........and from the way sears is slowly going down the crapper i wonder how they will be able to support paying out all those benefits and such... they just laid off over 1500 employees and have started closing stores across the country..............and theres more to come.. their stock took a nose dive on the market too.............nah i wont be shopping at sears anytime soon.. i support my own place of employment ..............who by the way is on that list of keeping jobs and benefits going for those who are called up........