Still need a starter.

Soxfest

No way a 39 year old pitcher is going to start 25 times a season the next 2 years, KW overpaid not that OH will not help when healthy for stretches his arm was hurt at end of last year and sit out most year in Montreal with arm troubles but not over the long haul. I hope this is not all KW does for starting pitchers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry.  This is it.  El Duque is the answer.

Our starting rotation is awful.

Buehrle

Garcia

El Duque

Contreras

Garland

:puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke

This guy is not the answer.  I'm expecting a second place finish.

We have HUGE question marks at 3, 4, and 5.  Garbage.

Are you being serious or what?

Don't anyone take it personally, but there sure are some negative motherf***ers around here. :headshake

Be excited about change for once. No World Series wins since 1917. If what you have ain't cutting it, then you make changes. I'm stoked for the season to start, regardless of who's on the field. That's how true die-hard fans should react. b****ing about Reinsdorf and his tight wallet, KW doing his job as a GM, and all that horses*** isn't going to change what it is. Be a Sox fan and just go with the flow and hope for the best.

Don't anyone take it personally, but there sure are some negative motherf***ers around here. :headshake

Be excited about change for once.  No World Series wins since 1917.  If what you have ain't cutting it, then you make changes.  I'm stoked for the season to start, regardless of who's on the field.  That's how true die-hard fans should react.  b****ing about Reinsdorf and his tight wallet, KW doing his job as a GM, and all that horses*** isn't going to change what it is.  Be a Sox fan and just go with the flow and hope for the best.

You better duck. There is going to be some s*** flung at you. :o

I think that if we acquired Pujols for a grain of salt people wouldn't be satisfied. "we could have gotten more" or "he isn't the answer" or "why would he do such a move when we could have gotten Bonds instead!" People need to realize that s*** isn't easy and not everything goes our way all the time. Shut the hell up and deal with it, damn!

Are you kidding me this is one of the best rotations in the league.

Buehrle- can win 20 games. Playoff Experience.

Garcia- can win 20 games. Playoff Experience.

EL Duque- Proven veteran. Had 17 wins in 1999. Can win 20 if healthy. Playoff experience.

Contreras- Proven starter. Can win 20 wins if healthy. Playoff experience.

Garland- Going to be a really good 5th starter. Can win atleast 15 games if healthy. Playoff experience.

Now this rotation is awesome. There are allstar players in this rotation so why would you say this rotation stinks. Cmon now. I see atleast 85-95 wins with this rotation alone if everyone stays healthy.

I can take it.  I just get sick of the backwards negative s*** sometimes.  What - should we just stay stagnant forever and never make any moves to change the team? People should be happy we're making changes that will hopefully make us BETTER.  What the f*** is so hard about seeing it that way?

Hey man, I agree with ya. But I also see how Sox fans can be eternally pessimistic. Hell, the Sox have given them good reason to be. Maybe, since my fandom only spans about 20 years, the mediocrity hasn't taken it's toll on my optimism.

For a good portion of us though, today was a good day. Here's to El Duque :cheers

Thanks for the props. I'm glad someone else sees things the same way. I notice some people in here just piss and moan like their mommy took away their f***ing toys or something. What the hell? I guess you can't please everybody. Not my f***ing problem.

Yes - today IS a good day on the south side. El Duque it is - :cheers

We just signed an 8-2, 3 ERA starting pitcher. Meanwhile, the Cubs are in a slapfest over a bunch of f***ing nets to catch falling concrete. Nice. Now THAT is something to maybe b**** about. :lol:

Are you kidding me this is one of the best rotations in the league.

Buehrle- can win 20 games. Playoff Experience.

Garcia- can win 20 games. Playoff Experience.

EL Duque- Proven veteran. Had 17 wins in 1999. Can win 20 if healthy. Playoff experience.

Contreras- Proven starter. Can win 20 wins if healthy. Playoff experience.

Garland- Going to be a really good 5th starter. Can win atleast 15 games if healthy. Playoff experience.

Now this rotation is awesome. There are allstar players in this rotation so why would you say this rotation stinks. Cmon now. I see atleast 85-95 wins with this rotation alone if everyone stays healthy.

I do not agree with the win totals you gave each player but welcome to soxtalk. :cheers

Sorry.  This is it.  El Duque is the answer.

Our starting rotation is awful.

Buehrle

Garcia

El Duque

Contreras

Garland

:puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke

This guy is not the answer.  I'm expecting a second place finish.

We have HUGE question marks at 3, 4, and 5.  Garbage.

well, i'd say those last three are guaranteed .500 records and all potential 20 game winners

I can take it.  I just get sick of the backwards negative s*** sometimes.  What - should we just stay stagnant forever and never make any moves to change the team? People should be happy we're making changes that will hopefully make us BETTER.  What the f*** is so hard about seeing it that way?

:headbang :headbang :notworthy

Thanks for the props.  I'm glad someone else sees things the same way.  I notice some people in here just piss and moan like their mommy took away their f***ing toys or something.  What the hell?  I guess you can't please everybody.  Not my f***ing problem.

Oh, there are quite a few people who agree with you. I love this team as of right now, but you'll quickly see it is more negative than positive around here at this time of the year.

Welcome to our wonderful site though. :cheers