Still need a starter.

Soxfest

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the props.  I'm glad someone else sees things the same way.  I notice some people in here just piss and moan like their mommy took away their f***ing toys or something.  What the hell?  I guess you can't please everybody.  Not my f***ing problem.

Yes - today IS a good day on the south side.  El Duque it is -  :cheers

We just signed an 8-2, 3 ERA starting pitcher.  Meanwhile, the Cubs are in a slapfest over a bunch of f***ing nets to catch falling concrete.  Nice.  Now THAT is something to maybe b**** about. :lol:

Sorry If I am not excited about OH multiple reasons why.

1. Has only thrown over 150 innings 1 time since 2000.

2. Only 3 of his 15 starts were against over.500 teams last year.

3. Arm trouble again in October raises more health questions.

4. 39 really is probably older.

5. Yes 8-2 but only 84 innings pitched in 2004.

Sorry. This is it. El Duque is the answer.

Our starting rotation is awful.

Buehrle

Garcia

El Duque

Contreras

Garland

This guy is not the answer. I'm expecting a second place finish.

We have HUGE question marks at 3, 4, and 5. Garbage.

According to this logic, if the Sox signed Pavano, then the Sox would have question marks at 4 and 5. If the Sox current situation is garbage, what is the Pavano senario? Mediocre?

Brilliant :bang :bang

According to this logic, if the Sox signed Pavano, then the Sox would have question marks at 4 and 5.  If the Sox current situation is garbage, what is the Pavano senario?  Mediocre?

Brilliant :bang  :bang

You could sign Jesus, Moses, and a young Nolan Ryan to go with Freddy and MB...people would still be pissed.

welcome to the board.

i like the signing and like the rotation right now. certainly there are question marks in that rotation, but i'd say the great majority of the teams in the league have similar question marks.

as for optimism/negativity, i don't blame anyone for being negative or optimistic. the sox have done enough through the years to incur both emotions.

Sorry.  This is it.  El Duque is the answer.

Our starting rotation is awful.

This guy is not the answer.  I'm expecting a second place finish.

We have HUGE question marks at 3, 4, and 5.  Garbage.

You were praising Matt Clement as our savior. I don't see how he isn't a question mark either.

MLB.com said that OH was born in 1969.  That means hes 35.  But since he's from cuba you never know.  He could be 39.  Some people said he was in his 40's i dont believe that and i dont know where they got that from.

It has been rumored for years and years that he was older than first suggested.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/hernaor01.shtml

I agree too. I think there in their mid 30's. They just don't look like their in their 40's, but we'll see. I still think this was a great signing for the White Sox because it solidyfied their pitching staff, and it added a playoff experience veteran that we desperately needed. It also alowed Garland to become our fifth starter. Good job KW.

At first I did not like the El Duque signing. But to think of how he was last year, I'll take that over Grilli, Diaz or Hermanson starting. We have had bad luck completing our rotation and now at least we have 5 starters that get us a win.

I dont mind how old he is. Remember we tried getting RJ who is an old pitcher too but a good one still.

You could sign Jesus, Moses, and a young Nolan Ryan to go with Freddy and MB...people would still be pissed.

You guys are killing me. :lol:

I can't believe your doing backflips over El f***ing Duque.

All of a sudden this guy is Nolan Ryan cause he is on the Southside. :lol:

This isn't a first-class signing...get over it. There are going to be people out there that see our bottom three starters as question marks. I'm one of them

This isn't a first-class signing...get over it.  There are going to be people out there that see our bottom three starters as question marks.  I'm one of them

well, how would clement not been a question mark signing? i'd rather have a 4 million dollar question mark than an 8 million dollar one.

This isn't a first-class signing...get over it.  There are going to be people out there that see our bottom three starters as question marks.  I'm one of them

Is matt clement a first-class signing?