Still need a starter.

Soxfest

well, how would clement not been a question mark signing? i'd rather have a 4 million dollar question mark than an 8 million dollar one.

Clement is undoubtedly a question mark.

Who would you rather have, Clement or El Duque? I'll take the former anyday. Major duribility questions with this guy.

Whatever. On the plus side, we will not be etching Grilli in the order until after the all-star break.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are killing me. :lol:

I can't believe your doing backflips over El f***ing Duque.

All of a sudden this guy is Nolan Ryan cause he is on the Southside. :lol:

This isn't a first-class signing...get over it.  There are going to be people out there that see our bottom three starters as question marks.  I'm one of them

most people agree this isn't a first class signing, but this singing makes us better and doesn't come at a heavy cost.....it's not like we got a potential CY young today, but he makes our rotation better, i don't see what the problem is

Addison whats with your attitude. You don't have a positive attitude on this. I know it's your opinion, and everyone has their own, but like I said before we have the best rotation in the league. The only question we have in that rotation is if everyone stays healthy. That's all. Everyone in that rotation has a winning record, and more. Allstar numbers, so what's with all the negativity here.

Who would you rather have, Clement or El Duque?  I'll take the former anyday.  Major duribility questions with this guy.

Whatever.  On the plus side, we will not be etching Grilli in the order until after the all-star break.

I'll take Hernandez at $4 million over Clement at $8+ million.

Who would you rather have, Clement or El Duque?  I'll take the former anyday.  Major duribility questions with this guy.

Whatever.  On the plus side, we will not be etching Grilli in the order until after the all-star break.

Yep. No matter what the take on the El Duque trade -- at least we won't have to see Grilli for a while and that's something we can all rejoice in. :lol:

fp424-flower-rattle-grip.jpg

Here.  Looks like you need one, Anthrax.

The reason Miller went to the BoSox is because they are the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS and wanting to be on a winning team that competes often is quite an influence compared to possibly winning the division.

For some reason I don't think KW even tried. Keep accepting the fact we sign avg players and then when we lose another div.. there is your answer why.

For some reason I don't think KW even tried.  Keep accepting the fact we sign avg players and then when we lose another div.. there is your answer why.

look around the league dude, not every team is signing big name free agents, hell, some teams have done nothing, we're one of the more active teams in the league.

For some reason I don't think KW even tried.  Keep accepting the fact we sign avg players and then when we lose another div.. there is your answer why.

Hell's Bells, all you do is whine. Jeebus H. Motherf***ing Christpunchers -- First it's "I'd trade Lee for Podsednik!" followed by b****ing him out for trading Lee for Podsednik. Then you're all about signing a 5th starter. We sign a cheap 5th starter with a glowing medical report and you b**** again.

I'm sorry if this reflects bad on me as a mod, but I am sick of your whiny bulls*** that provides nothing of value.

Hell's Bells, all you do is whine.  Jeebus H. Motherf***ing Christpunchers -- First it's "I'd trade Lee for Podsednik!" followed by b****ing him out for trading Lee for Podsednik.  Then you're all about signing a 5th starter.  We sign a cheap 5th starter with a glowing medical report and you b**** again.

I'm sorry if this reflects bad on me as a mod, but I am sick of your whiny bulls*** that provides nothing of value.

pwn3d!

LMFAO!!!!

:lol: :notworthy

Hell's Bells, all you do is whine.  Jeebus H. Motherf***ing Christpunchers -- First it's "I'd trade Lee for Podsednik!" followed by b****ing him out for trading Lee for Podsednik.  Then you're all about signing a 5th starter.  We sign a cheap 5th starter with a glowing medical report and you b**** again.

Yes, But you miss the points

Trading lee for Spod. was also getting a SP.. and we didn't, instead we got a guy who era is 4.5's for a career playing in the NL.. which will eqaul somewhere in the 5's.. boy that gets me excited.

THen WE suppose to get an impact player for our rotation, only to get El Oldy, instead of going after Wade Miller, if ur thinking that say 3 mil for miller would not have gotten him here you are mistaken. Miller has the same risks but a s***load younger.

So please tell me why I should get excited that even these moves as Addison has said also we still have 3 ? marks in our rotation, and we have the easiest div in baseball and might not win it.

KW would have taken Miller over El Duque in a second if he could of, but there were about 15 other teams interested in Miller, and he went to the team who could help his value the most with a 1 year deal. Who wouldn't want to pitch for the defending world champions?

El Duque@4mil >>> Cabrera@32mil over 4 years

El Duque@4mil >>> Lowe@9-10mil over 3 to 4 years.

I think i love you. :wub:

So please tell me why I should get excited that even these moves as Addison has said also we still have 3 ? marks in our rotation,  and we have the easiest div in baseball and might not win it.

Why is Garland a question mark?

You KNOW what you're going to get from Garland -- right around 200 IP, a sub-five ERA (with potential to get it to right around 4.50 or less), a quality number four.

El Duque, when healthy, isn't a question mark either.

Plus, the Carlos Lee deal is looking better and better, just because we're actually using the money that the deal freed up.

Carlos Lee, could potentially turn into a minor leaguer, Luis Vizcaino, Scotty Pod, El Duque, and Eckstien/Cora -- that's a damn good return.

Trading lee for Spod. was also getting a SP.. and we didn't,  instead we got a guy who era is 4.5's for a career playing in the NL.. which will eqaul somewhere in the 5's.. boy that gets me excited.

THen WE suppose to get an impact player for our rotation,  only to get El Oldy, instead of going after Wade Miller,  if ur thinking that say 3 mil for miller would not have gotten him here you are mistaken.  Miller has the same risks but a s***load younger.

So please tell me why I should get excited that even these moves as Addison has said also we still have 3 ? marks in our rotation,  and we have the easiest div in baseball and might not win it.

Don't Minnesota also have 3 question marks in their rotation? Almost every team in the freakin MLB is going to have that. Some teams are lucky just to have 2 good starters in their pitching staff.

So if we traded Lee for Miller straight up you would have preferred that instead. Now we have 3 holes on this team filled, a leadoff hitter, another good bullpen arm, and a starter who had good success last season. A lot of teams probably offered Wade Miller a lot more money and a longer deal than what he settled for. But he wants to pitch for a World Series team and get his value skyrocketing again after a good season.

In 2 of the last 3 years Vizcaino has had excellent numbers with ERA's of 2.99 and 3.75. He's insane agaist lefties and has a K/BB ratio of about 2.5/1.

We were never 1 guy away from winning this division. Signing a guy like Cabrera, Miller or Lowe for a lot of money was never going to put us over the top because we had numerous holes to fill. And we are still filling them, and expect Eckstein or Alex Cora to be the next on the list.

Trading lee for Spod. was also getting a SP.. and we didn't,  instead we got a guy who era is 4.5's for a career playing in the NL.. which will eqaul somewhere in the 5's.. boy that gets me excited.

THen WE suppose to get an impact player for our rotation,  only to get El Oldy, instead of going after Wade Miller,  if ur thinking that say 3 mil for miller would not have gotten him here you are mistaken.  Miller has the same risks but a s***load younger.

Miller may have the same risks but we would have had to offer him more than the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS. And Miller has a frayed rotator cuff -- I'd rather have Duque with a glowing medical report than damaged goods in Miller.

And let me guess -- if we signed Miller and his arm blew out right at the start of the season then you'd b**** about not having a 5th starter and another year of the roulette wheel of 5th starters. And with 3 question marks in the rotation, riddle me this...

HOW WOULD MILLER NOT BE A QUESTION MARK? Until you can answer that, have a nice cold cup of shut the f*** up and quit whining.

remember how loaiza choked down the stretch in september of 03, esp. when he lost that final twins game in chicago that we lost that tied for the lead and we eventually collapsed. if we had won the game, we would have been 2 games up and prolly won the division. he didn't step up when the pressure was on and hernandez has pitched in some big games, like last year's game 4 of alcs and did good. helps to have someone who can pitch in the big games and get the job done.

i'm out

I am so glad to hear of this move!!!

We finally have a rotation going into the season, first time in a while you could say that... even if there is a question mark, its alot smaller than the ones we've had in the past!

If you ask me, we have two pitchers who could win 20 games (not saying they will, just saying they are that calibur) and the other three all can win 15 (obviously they wont b/c one will be the fifth guy and have limited starts) but i am happy just being able to say that....

Hell of alot better than that crap we threw out last year at the begining of the season...

Buerhle

Garcia

Contreas

Garland

Hernandez

or

Buerhle

Loaiza

Garland

Schoe

blah

I'll take that kind of improvement

Thanks Blizzard. So do any you guys think were going to sign Eckstein, or Cora?

I am ok with the starting pitching and I am happy to see El Duckie signed for $4M with incentives. I think incentives should be used more. There have been some terribly high salaries given for players who weren't that good. I was not happy with the C Lee deal, but we will see. Dye I can live with so overall it's not bad. I wish we would have kept Jose Valentin, and I am serious, but maybe Eckstein could be signed. I like Jose becasue he gave it his all every game and hit homers. Plus he was not that bad in the field. Eckstein can hustle and maybe field, but he isn't a big hitter. I firmly believe Paul Konerko stays with the Sox and that's good.

Addison whats with your attitude. You don't have a positive attitude on this. I know it's your opinion, and everyone has their own, but like I said before we have the best rotation in the league. The only question we have in that rotation is if everyone stays healthy. That's all. Everyone in that rotation has a winning record, and more. Allstar numbers, so what's with all the negativity here.

Listen rook...don't come out and admit that everyone has an opinion of their own and then say yours is the correct one.

Best rotation in the league huh? Wow. Credibility much?

EDIT: I will give a little more on this topic if/when Kenny signs our middle infielder. If he signs our middle infielder, I'll give him props on a very productive off-season. Before I go any further, I'll wait to see if Kenny nails Eck or Cora.