The Un-Suspend AnthraxFan Thread

Wise Master Buehrle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I say he should be unbanned.... there are posters on here who take way more vicious shots at people, but do so in a way they think is clever, and don't get banned. Not that I think they should be banned either, but I have seen way worse posts than calling someone a "dips***" that haven't been called out...

Anthraxfan got suspended? WTF!? :huh:

Everybody has a different opinion and Anthraxfan was one of those who didn’t care whether people agreed with him or not. I never got into any arguments with him. I really enjoyed reading his posts. He’s a White Sox fan just like many of us are and I just find it stupid that’s he’s banned. Sorry, but the guy deserves to stay. Whether many people disagree with him or not, he is a White Sox fan. Just not a fan of Kenny Williams. ;)

Just to clarify, he was not banned.

He was suspended.

This is not going to be discussed further than that in this thread as this is handled by admins and mods of the site.

So the people who make this site what it is are left in the dark regarding a suspension that has been deemed unfair by poster after poster?

I am not in the position to question the admins authority, nor am I doing so, but something seems a little messed up if the kid is suspended and simply "thats that."

*shrugs*

So the people who make this site what it is are left in the dark regarding a suspension that has been deemed unfair by poster after poster?

I am not in the position to question the admins authority, nor am I doing so, but something seems a little messed up if the kid is suspended and simply "thats that."

*shrugs*

This is really not an issue that is going to be hashed out in public.

There is no real reason for a public explanation of this, it's not consistent with the pattern of the way things are run.

The most important thing is that things are taken care of fairly and in private.

Bringing stuff into public only opens this to more discussion, which there is really nothing to discuss.

Again, he is not banned, he will have a chance to return and that is that.

One question.

If the ONLY rule on soxtalk is no namecalling, then why can you take such spammers and ban them? I'd really like to know the answer to that question.

Makes me wonder why I was banned for 6 months over a poem I wrote and my thoughts of it, when cubssuck1 said "oh yeah, writing it is gay," and then I find myself banned...and he is not.

I'm not trying to open any old wounds with this post, what I am trying to to is clear up this situation.

I'm not speaking for aboz, or Jason, or any admin/mod on this board. But the reason you have to ban or suspend posters like Anthrax is the tension he causes with other posters and the board in general. Sure, you may not let it bother you, which is good, but not everyone is that thick skinned or tolerable. The tension he causes can cause the entire board to change. People will always have problems with other people, but it needs to be taken care of via PM, or email and civally. I know this because I've been modding another Sox board for 5 years now, at first I tried to let everything stand because I wanted to be cool with the posters, but then it just turned into turmoil and posters left because they felt isolated and didn't want to deal with the arguing constantly with others. Sure it would be cool to just let anyone post here, its America as we all know. But every great message board that I have seen or posted on has had rules and regulations. Its what keeps the site going smoothly and lets people continue to feel welcome without having to worry about being attacked for their views or walking into a running board fight.

Jason, kapko, ss2k4, aboz, dan, and all the mods here are VERY tolerable. They let alot of stuff stand that they don't have to. I'm sure Anthrax would be welcome to stay if he changes his posting style a little. We all have to, message boards don't fall under "Freedom of Speech", it falls under the domain holder's rules. Just my opinion as I'm dealing with a similar poster on another board.

One question.

If the ONLY rule on soxtalk is no namecalling, then why can you take such spammers and ban them? I'd really like to know the answer to that question.

Makes me wonder why I was banned for 6 months over a poem I wrote and my thoughts of it, when cubssuck1 said "oh yeah, writing it is gay," and then I find myself banned...and he is not.

I'm not trying to open any old wounds with this post, what I am trying to to is clear up this situation.

:headbang Beastly!

I love seeing the admins sidestep around this one.

Tex, Jason is the one paying for it, and as far as I know, he was against suspending Anthrax. Doing this is like your best friends taking control of your own party. Catch my drift?

Aboz, show me the post that broke our rule. This is something that needs to be handled in public. :santabye

Is this a new rule?  :huh  :huh:

He's saying that the dirty laundry doesn't need to be aired in a public forum, but can be better handled via PM and email. I assume you have PM'd Aboz and Jas about your feelings on the issue - that is a civil way to try to get answers you're looking for. Have they responded? Were their responses not sufficient?

He's saying that the dirty laundry doesn't need to be aired in a public forum, but can be better handled via PM and email.  I assume you have PM'd Aboz and Jas about your feelings on the issue - that is a civil way to try to get answers you're looking for.  Have they responded?  Were their responses not sufficient?

Why can't I air my dirty laundry?

Because these guys are getting close to becoming WSI 2, and they don't want any evidence of it to become public.

I have contacted Jason. And I say it over and over to him I wish he'd take control of his goddamn message board. He should do what he thinks is right.

Why can't I air my dirty laundry?

Because these guys are getting close to becoming WSI 2, and they don't want any evidence of it to become public.

I have contacted Jason. And I say it over and over to him I wish he'd take control of his goddamn message board. He should do what he thinks is right.

ok... this is silly.

If you have a problem with me, bring it to ME.

I personally don't have a duck in this hunt. I don't care either way, but obviously this has gotten out of control.

The biggest problem I have, (since you made it public Mr. Zero), is you running around telling everyone what's going on in a forum you have no business dealing with. PERIOD.

I'd like to ask, kindly, that you refrain from this.

If you have concerns, take them up with the people that you have concerns with. Then, if you don't get the resolution you want, take it to Jason.

Did you do that?

I don't have any pm's in my box and it sounds like you have an issue with me.

Kap

Anthrax ruins every thread by making a crack at KW. He can't accept being wrong, and calls out people in his posts. People have said "just ignore him" but if someone doesn't counter his posts, he thinks he's correct and will continue his act. He is an obnoxious, arrogant, illiterate troll.

ok... this is silly.

If you have a problem with me, bring it to ME.

I personally don't have a duck in this hunt.  I don't care either way, but obviously this has gotten out of control.

The biggest problem I have, (since you made it public Mr. Zero), is you running around telling everyone what's going on in a forum you have no business dealing with.  PERIOD.

I'd like to ask, kindly, that you refrain from this.

If you have concerns, take them up with the people that you have concerns with.  Then, if you don't get the resolution you want, take it to Jason.

Did you do that?

I don't have any pm's in my box and it sounds like you have an issue with me.

Kap

Did I mention you??? :unsure: :unsure:

Or is your head up your ass?

I think aboz is the one who suspended him. I'd like aboz to show me the post that broke our rule. If he can, I'm shutting the f*** up and sitting the f*** down. Until then, NO f***ING WAY. I'm not gonna let my favorite site turn Communist.

I am going to close this thread. The last time something like this came out, I made it a point to ensure that this type of issues are discussed in private, not on an open board.

If people have questions or complains, they can always email me, boz or any other admins or mod and air their complaints. We always listen to them and typically discuss them with the other admins/mods and throw stuff back and forth.

We happen to be discussing a lot of things and for anyone to jump on Boz is just 100% wrong. Boz is a fantastic admin who loves this board and does things in the best interest of this board. This board wouldn't be as well ran if it wasn't for all the great admins and mods who help out and throw new ideas out, move threads when needed, get rid of trolls, etc.

If anyone has a problem with my thinking behind this, then please, just shoot me a PM, but this is not something that will be discussed in public.

Any thread created will result in a 3 day suspension by the poster.