The Baby Bulls

A.J.

Which Player will turn out to be the best from the group?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player will turn out to be the best from the group?

• Tyson Chandler 22
    • Eddy Curry 22
    • Kirk Hinrich 22
    • Ben Gordon 21
    • Luol Deng 19
    • Andres Nocioni 25
    • Chris Duhon 22

I chose Gordon, but it's hard to compare these guys...

Nocioni is a grinder

Gordon is a scorer in the Michael Redd mode

Deng is a great second fiddle

Hinrich is the overachiever

Chandler is the hustler

Curry is the underachiever

Duhon is the solid skill player

I can see all of them being on NBA rosters for a long time.

Chandler, with ease. A big man with Defensive Player Of The Year potential who'll be able to grab you close to 20 rebounds on some nights?

And only 2 votes????? :lol:

Let's see, who's gonna help us win that championship? The Michael Redds and Ray Allens of the world, or the Ben Wallaces and Tim Duncans? What a tough decision it was to vote for Chandler instead of Gordon or Deng.

Gordon is a 1 dimensional player. He can score. There are so many guys in this league who can do that and nothing else. The reason Bulls fans are all over Gordon is because they haven't had a good shooter/scorer since MJ. The correct answer is Deng because he has the all around game and he is still raw.

Honestly, at this point, it's Gordon. He reminds me so much of Iverson. He is so good. Deng is my 2nd choice, but overall, I voted for Hinrich. He WILL be a star, period. He has the ability to have a triple-double every game. He can shoot, pass, defend, rebound, and control the tempo of the game. Until I see more consistancy fronm Gordon, it's Hinrich but in all reality, Gordon does rhyme with Jordan.

Hinrich has the ability to have a triple-double every game.

So, we have the next Oscar Robertson, but he only has 2 votes.

I see that Gordon has a s***load of votes, but all I see is a man with not a whole lot of defensive potential, and a terrible assist/turnover ratio. In 13 games this month, he has 22 assists and 37 turnovers. Check out his Game Log. I know that he's a rookie and all, but come on now.

When you have a goaltender like Tyson Chandler, you can not overlook that. When Gordon is getting burnt off the dribble or running into a pick, who's gonna be there to get his back? When Gordon is throwing up some crazy lay-up attempt with two defenders on him, who's gonna be there to grab the offensive rebound? Who's gonna contain the Kevin Garnetts and Tim Duncans of the world?

What does it take to win in this league?

Hammer,

I agree with you. It was a hard vote for me. What I think did it with Gordon for me is He likes/and does well with the ball in pressure situations. To me That is uncommon. Tyson will be something special. I can see him being a 15/15 guy with 4 blocks a game. :headbang

BTW We will finish our debate about the Bulls making the playoffs in a few months. :cheers

Hammer came up with some very good points about Gordon. Everyone in Chicago is already giving him the title of the next "Air Jordan" and I think that's some very unfair pressure to put on the kid. Defensively, he's going to be abused in the post for the next decade, and yes the assist / turnover ratio has go to improve. Amazingly I think Curry still has the most potential out of all the Baby Bulls, but the best I think you'll see from him is averages of 15/8, which granted is not that bad at all for a center. Hinrich gets the most out of himself, but long - term I still think Luol Deng is going to be the "man" in Chicago for the next decade, depending on FA moves etc.

i used to like nocioni, but i'm getting tired of seeing a fast break where he has the ball, and there are three other bulls aroundhim and only one defender...and instead of passing for an easy basket for his teammates he just runs right to the hoop.