Merry Christmas to All!!!

southsider2k5

I know I am a couple of days early, but I am going to be on a flight to Las Vegas tommorrow, and will be away for a little while.

Merry Christmas to everyone here.

I love being a part of this great group of posters, and I have nothing but happy holiday wishes for all of you. Make sure your trips are safe, your in-laws are tolerable, and the beer is ice cold. May Santa stuff your stocking, and get your presants under your tree. And Maybe God bless you during this miraclulous time of year.

Michael.

Thanks a lot Mike.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and I enjoy being a part of this great community that is Soxtalk!

May you all be safe and have a great time with friends and family!

Can't wait to see some of you at Soxfest.

Alex

A Christmas story of woe in Christmas Colors:

Last year, I was working in Northern Michigan and looking forward to spending Christmas with the fam. My mom called up and said "WinoDJ (She only refers to me by my Soxtalk name), what do you want for Christmas?" I replied, "Dearest Mother, I would be happy just to hang out at home - but if you'd really like to get me something - all I really want is a digital camera. She liked the idea. "Let it be written, Let it be done." My mom at times channels Charlton Heston movies.

Two days later, she calls again asking if I want a printer for Christmas. "Surely, Dearest Mother, that would be quite nice, but you don't have to." "But I'd love to do it for you WinoDJ," she replied. "Very well, if you must, I'd be greatly obliged. It must be USB controlled for me to use it." "Indeed," she said and tra-la-la-ed to God knows where to get my presents and we were all very happy.

Then it was Christmas Eve, and my family was opening presents. My brother, a 33 year old man still living at home, asked and received that super pricey DVD camcorder. I opened my gifts, one by one, each a surprise. But the camera and the printer were not to be found. In its place were a microwave and a vacuum sweeper. I was flummoxxed.

"Dearest Mother," I asked, "I thought you said that you were getting me a digital camera. They were all out at Office Max she said." I remained nonplussed. My mother bought me a microwave and a vacuum sweeper at Sears, right across the aisle from the Digital Cameras. And printers.

I thought I'd be more disappointed. But in reality, I didn't know what to think. The booze helped.

The End

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to everybody here.

I'm glad I joined Soxtalk this year. It just proves that Sox fans are the most knowledable, faithful baseball fans around.

Hope everyone is safe this holiday season and I hope to see some of you at Soxfest.

:santa :santabye