Duke Basketball

Call me when K breaks .500 against UNC. Pretty sad when your all-time great coach isn't even over .500 against their biggest rivals isn't it? Its gotta be tough knowing your team is 30 games under .500 against your biggest rivals and that Mr. #1 recruit in the nation Shav isn't 1/10th the player that McCants is, whatever.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Duke would beat Illinois on the road, I think they always have a chance to sneak a win out at home.

Face it, Illinois isn't facing Skip Prosser, they would be facing Coach K.

No I'm pretty sure Coach K will not put on shorts and a jersey. He will probably stay on the sidelines in his suit and tie.

I love to see mindless Illini fans thrash Duke when the Illini themselves are playing one of the easier schedules in all of college basketball.

At Arkansas, Georgetown, Missouri, and a bunch of weak Big 10 teams besides Iowa and Michigan State? Stop slamming Duke for winning easily winnable games that the Illini have done the same. I guarantee that if Illinois played AT Wake Forest it would be a completely different outcome.

I love to see mindless Illini fans thrash Duke when the Illini themselves are playing one of the easier schedules in all of college basketball.

At Arkansas, Georgetown, Missouri, and a bunch of weak Big 10 teams besides Iowa and Michigan State? Stop slamming Duke for winning easily winnable games that the Illini have done the same. I guarantee that if Illinois played AT Wake Forest it would be a completely different outcome.

:huh:

you contradicted yourself saying the illini are playing a weak schedule, but if we had played the former #1 team anywhere else, they would have beaten us. Last time i checked, if your playing a weak schedule, you shouldn't get beaten

Truly a mindless post.

16th toughest schedule before yesterday's game. Duke, 72nd. If you are trying to say Duke has had a tougher non conference schedule, you clearly know nothing about college basketball.

You left out Gonzaga on that list, who rolled Washington and beat Georgia Tech.

You also left out Wake Forest, who we rolled at home when they were the #1 team.

I'll let the rankings speak for us.

DUKE IS NOT IN THE TOP 3, THE WORLD HATES US OMG!

Jesus Christ, you sound like a Cubs fan. You guys are still a few years away alright? Settle down, just because Dust--err Coach K didn't field the team of glory does not mean you guys are being looked down upon. ESPN still wants to f*** you.

Duke is not as good as they were last year, and Illinois is better than they were last year. Saying that those 2 are the same team they were last year is not even close to being true.

I'll play Duke anytime now on a neutral court, and we'll beat em. We'd sneak out a win at home? Excuse me, but if you haven't noticed, it's harder to win in Champaign than it is to win at Cameron. Sqeak out a win. Yeah, that's what we did against Wake Forest too. We'd have a better chance beating Duke at home in front of your egghead crowd than you do of winning at Assembly Hall, without a doubt.

Truthaboutduke.com is awesome, i visit it all the time.

I just read the opening post in this thread and none of the rest.  I would say that, year in and year out, Duke basketball gets more media respect than any other program in the nation. 

I'm sorry, but you've got nothing to b**** about.

And there, the argument is put to rest. :)

Year in and Year out? Show me where they have gotten respect this year, not from ESPN, not from anybody. This year, everybody is all over Chris Paul and Dee Brown like they resurrected from the dead, and Dickie V hasn't shown Duke any respect this year at all.

I've seen more Louisville praise this year then Duke praise. It's like tey all want to f*** that ass Petino.

I guess all the Illinois fans are still angry about the tournament last year, c'mon, did you guys think you actually had a chance. Didn't think so.

Year in and Year out? Show me where they have gotten respect this year, not from ESPN, not from anybody. This year, everybody is all over Chris Paul and Dee Brown like they resurrected from the dead, and Dickie V hasn't shown Duke any respect this year at all.

I've seen more Louisville praise this year then Duke praise. It's like tey all want to f*** that ass Petino.

I guess all the Illinois fans are still angry about the tournament last year, c'mon, did you guys think you actually had a chance. Didn't think so.

:lolhitting

i'm sorry dude but you crack me up.

until you can answer my question about where has the respect been, It just shows how wrong you are.

-who have you played yet?

wait a few weeks, when you start ACC play.

if your succesfull, you'll get "the respect" you want.

if your not, duke will still be ranked, don't worry.

BP, honestly man. You guys are ranked 6th in the nation. Thats not enough respect?

Your schedule has been to this point, very weak. Your SOS is in the 50+. Duke has played 1 team in the RPI top 50. You only go 7 deep. Duke's star player is a guy who plays little defense and has little ability to drive to the basket. There are plenty of reason right there.

Duke fans on the CBB message board that I post on even admit that they get way too hyped up by the media.

Now what are your reasons, other than the fact that they play in the ACC?

BP -- no one in their right mind -- would ever be jealous of you, or your team. No one.

Yeah, because you don't want those 3 championships in the last 15 years right?

What an idiotic statement.

As to another post, I guess your referring to JJ Redick as our best player. Well he might be our best scorer, but he's not our best player. His defense isn't great, it's average, but his driving has gotten so much better since his fresman season. He's still the best shooter in the country and I guess you forgot to mention that he shoots over 90% from the free-throw line. I guess you forgot that tidbit.

Daniel Ewing is our best player because of his hustle, leadership, clutch shooting, and aggresive defense. Ewing is the reason why Duke will be in the Final Four again.

As for depth, if I hear one more announcer sya that Duke doesn't have any depth, i swear. While the depth isn't as good as it once was, it's still quite serviceable with some really good role players, which I talked about in my opening post.