Duke Basketball

Yeah, because you don't want those 3 championships in the last 15 years right?

What an idiotic statement.

As to another post, I guess your referring to JJ Redick as our best player. Well he might be our best scorer, but he's not our best player. His defense isn't great, it's average, but his driving has gotten so much better since his fresman season. He's still the best shooter in the country and I guess you forgot to mention that he shoots over 90% from the free-throw line. I guess you forgot that tidbit.

Daniel Ewing is our best player because of his hustle, leadership, clutch shooting, and aggresive defense. Ewing is the reason why Duke will be in the Final Four again.

As for depth, if I hear one more announcer sya that Duke doesn't have any depth, i swear. While the depth isn't as good as it once was, it's still quite serviceable with some really good role players, which I talked about in my opening post.

I never said JJ Redick was your best player, I said he was your star player, there's a huge difference. Anyone who thinks that Ewing isn't the best player on that team shouldn't be watching CBB. I'm still waiting on why you guys hsould get more repect than the respect you are getting now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redick

41% FG

39% 3PT

McCants

49% FG

43% 3PT

So by your standards that must make McCants the best shooter in history?

Hey, no one wants your opinions palehose :P . C'mon now BP, I'm a big duke fan also and there is no way you can complain about not getting respect. This years duke team isn't as good as it has been in the past. Duke is easily the most respected program around the country by the national media. Butter, this argument is ridiculous, this is like a cub fan complaining that they don't get enough media attention in chicago.

Aww crap, don't make me have to actually respect a Duke fan now Rowand :ph34r:

Duke is never going to be a cake walk with K at the helm, you play great defense and always have outside shooting. But the no respect thing was just hilarious so I had to chime in of course.

No doubt. This years team is far less talented then it has been in the past, there is no question about that, however they will be competitive with everyone and be able to steal a couple from the top caliber teams. Now, there is no doubt they are no where near as talented as Wake, Gtech, and UNC, however they'll steal a couple games from these teams because of the level of defense they play and I think the x factor in all of these games is JJ, he's been quite a streaky shooter these last few years and when he's hot, he doesn't miss and if and when this happens they can beat anyone.

Is this Butter Parque guy serious?

I mean, really people?

For the love of God, please get a clue...or at least watch some ESPN once in a while. This is just ridiculous.

Yes, sadly he is. I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would say something such as duke does not get enough respect. :headshake