How good are the Kansas City Royals?

CWSOX45

I don't know about you guys, these guys have some young talent. I have been impressed with the DH Harvey. However, the Sox still should be able to kick their ass every day.

Hope Garland can get us back on track tomorrow.

CWSOX45

They look good...but maybe thats because we've played so bad. They foul of pitches, they get ahead of the hitters and they seem to be inspired this year for some reason after a great spring training. We'll have to see if they can keep it up.

If I'm not mistaken in 2000 when we won the division, the KC Royals bet us nearly everytime we played them. Every year it seems we have at least one team in the division that owns us. Not saying two games they own us, but every year this happens.

that first kid , runyles(?) has pretty good stuff..this aflac kid sux..he has two pitches..lollipop curve and an alan embree-esque strait 94 mph fastball...the fact that we didnt knock him all over the park sickens me

i like that mcdougal kid...i already grabbed him up in all my fantasy leagues...kid throws 96 plus with serious movement..barring injury i see stud written all over him..the harvey guy looks like he is very strong..ibanez seems to have found a home in KC..joe randa continues his career as a sox killer ..sweeney is sweeney..could be the most consistent hitter in the AL..never seems to slump

this team lost its top two pitchers last year..hernandez leads the staff from last year with 4 wins...4 wins is the high returner from last year..both those guys would be 4-5 on most teams..aflac probably couldnt make the rotation of 90% of the teams in baseball..the royals can score..we just screwed the pooch twice already

I posted this on another board about a month ago and will second the prediction here.

The Sox and Minny will not finish 1-2 in the AL Central.

I am not saying which of the two will finish below 2nd nor am I predicting which team will squeeze in between the two. I just think there will be a surprise team in this division.

OK, OK, I will go out on a limb. The surprise team won't be Detroit. :)

this team lost its top two pitchers last year..hernandez leads the staff from last year with 4 wins...4 wins is the high returner from last year..both those guys would be 4-5 on most teams..aflac probably couldnt make the rotation of 90% of the teams in baseball..the royals can score..we just screwed the pooch twice already

They only lost their top 2 pitchers stats wise. I think some of their pitchers have some great talent, much more than Suppan at least.

Where did Suppan go?

Guest hotsoxchick1
I posted this on another board about a month ago and will second the prediction here.

I am not saying which of the two will finish below 2nd nor am I predicting which team will squeeze in between the two.  I just think there will be a surprise team in this division.

OK, OK, I will go out on a limb.  The surprise team won't be Detroit.  :)

ok well it wont be cleveland either...so that only leaves kc....................yikes..........and where the heck did suppan go?????? i lost track of him...........

I am not saying which of the two will finish below 2nd nor am I predicting which team will squeeze in between the two.  I just think there will be a surprise team in this division.

OK, OK, I will go out on a limb.  The surprise team won't be Detroit.  :)

ok well it wont be cleveland either...so that only leaves kc....................yikes..........and where the heck did suppan go?????? i lost track of him...........

Cleveland's got a better chance of surprising than Kansas City, based on the fact that they have a better rotation.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I am not saying which of the two will finish below 2nd nor am I predicting which team will squeeze in between the two.  I just think there will be a surprise team in this division.

OK, OK, I will go out on a limb.  The surprise team won't be Detroit.  :)

Cleveland's got a better chance of surprising than Kansas City, based on the fact that they have a better rotation.

sabathia and ???????? wickman is on the dl for the season.. whos left there besdies cc and little o??? i dont recognize half those names anymore lol..........i think its gonna be a few seasons before they can fully pull it all together........mho.......