Eckstein a Card

BobDylan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why we want cora... i mean, the guy has hit .286 over the last 3 years against LHP BUT.... thats only in 133 AB..... last year in 46 AB's he only hit .240 against LHP

no thanks, his OBP is good but that is because last year he got hit by pitches at an amazingly flukey rate... 16 times all year

i just dont get it

adios

this is what im talkin about

cairos splits VS LHP in 2004

.336 ave .377 obp .445 slg .822 ops

cairos splits VS LHP for last 3 years

.294 ave .333 obp .430 slg .763 ops

thats even better then eckstein

hopeflly KW is flying under the radar

i havent heard much intrest reported about cairo... even by the sox.

?

willie should do just fine. no need at all to pick up cora, maybe cairo. his numbers seem to be pretty good. although it seems like we are turning into the yankees, except not as good. i really think that if willie gets consistent PT at 2B, he does well at the plate. now if the baserunning could just develop...

Pierzynski over Davis has such a greater benefit than Cora/Cairo over Harris.  I really wish KW would reconsider.

Totally agree. Before we start worrying about splits and platooning people, we should get our everyday starting lineup set. Most of the time we will be facing righties and our catching position is subpar.

What has Willie ever done on the major league level to make anyone believe he can be a regular?

You said if the Sox were relying on Harris to do anything, then the playoffs are a pipedream. That's a rediculous thing to say.

Against right-handed pitching he is a respectable major league hitter. A .277 average with an on-base percentage of .366 isn't anything to scoff at. His defense is above average for sure. The Sox are expecting him to learn from his first full season in the majors, and to hopefully give us quality at-bats from the 9 hole with continued success defensively.

We could make it to the postseason even if Willie regressed next year.

You said if the Sox were relying on Harris to do anything, then the playoffs are a pipedream.  That's a rediculous thing to say. 

Against right-handed pitching he is a respectable major league hitter.  A .277 average with an on-base percentage of .366 isn't anything to scoff at.  His defense is above average for sure.  The Sox are expecting him to learn from his first full season in the majors, and to hopefully give us quality at-bats from the 9 hole with continued success defensively. 

We could make it to the postseason even if Willie regressed next year.

Obviously, even KW, one of Willie's biggest backers doesn't share your optimism. He traded for a cooked Robbie Alomar twice because Willie wasn't up for the job,(Willie hit .182 in June and .188 in July and drove home 2 runs combined those 2 months last season) and made his first order of business this off season signing Omar Vizquel which would have put Willie deep on the bench or out of the organization. Dave Wills, a guy who bends over backwards giving Sox players a fair shake, said Willie has a bad attitude. Maybe he gets his head on straight and those hot streaks turn out not to be a fluke. I'm not counting on it.