John Garland Prediction Thread

bjmarte

30 wins this year including 25 in a row... starting tomorrow.

This is regular season of course.

Jon will go undefeated in the post season and will be the winner of the final game of the WS.

i will say 16 wins. 6 complete wins.

im just loooking for a good pitched game tomorrow...starting the season off by being swept by the royals would have KW throwing the white flag up :lol:

Starting pitching, IMHO, hasn't been bad the first two losses..... a bright spot if you need to find one. But, as Showtime said, when the hell is the offense going to wake up? :huh:

im just loooking for a good pitched game tomorrow...starting the season off by being swept by the royals would have KW throwing the white flag up :lol:

Starting pitching, IMHO, hasn't been bad the first two losses..... a bright spot if you need to find one. But, as Showtime said, when the hell is the offense going to wake up? :huh:

all right handed hitters..absolutely no speed..might never wake up

all right handed hitters..absolutely no speed..might never wake up

Baggs....last year, the only thing the A's had different than us was a left-handed hitter in the middle of the lineup(and Durham at the deadline)...and we might have that by the deadline with Lee being dealt...and in my mind, possibly Konerko as well. I wouldn't say it's a fire-sale....but that kind of package could bring in an elite pitcher....and if Garland pitches well this year, and he is your #4 in the postseason....than that is a hell of an advantage for you. If the opposition chooses to use their ace on 3-days rest...then you have a fully-rested Garland going against that pitcher, and then a full rested ace for you going against their #2 going on 3-days rest.

I'm just not sure where we would trade those guys for an elite pitcher....the only place I can think of that would be able to find room for those two is Baltimore...and the only pitcher I want from them is Rodrigo Lopez....and I wouldn't give them more than Konerko for him. Maybe we then trade Lee for Shannon Stewart in Toronto....and he leads off for us for the rest of the year....and if necessary, we use Borchard in CF instead of Rowand. That'd be a safety precaution though.

A lineup of Stewart, Valentin, Thomas, Maggs, Daubach, Crede, Rowand, Olivo, Miles wouldn't be that bad....it breaks up the righties....and gives us more speed in Stewart and Miles....and if Borchard comes up to start in CF....then I guess he'd be cleanup for 7th....dependant upon how well he hits.

I just hope they get it figured out real f***ing quick. I'm getting too damn anxious. We haven't lost these two games because of what you said....we lost it because we couldn't hit the damn ball.

Jon Garland needs to step up tommorrow. But even more, our offense needs to step up. This is the leagues best. We cant average 2 runs a game against the leagues worst and expect to contend. Our offense needs to pound Ascencio tommorrow.

BTW, this is post number 1000 for me. Hooray for me! :headbang :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok im stopping this now... you did it to buehrle and look at what happened.. and then it was bartmans turn... now your going to go on and put the jinx on jon??? i can not allow it anymore................no more prediction threads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D