Wes Anderson's New Film

bmags

One of my favorite directors, i expect this film to be just as stellar...i've loved every film he's made and he's always been great at casting. One of the truly original film writer/directors around right now. ANy other Wes ANderson fans...

for those unfamiliar: Bottle ROcket, Rushmore, and The Royal Tenenbaums all Anderson films.

I'm in love with Wes. I saw an early screening of The Life Aquatic in Chicago, and I'll say that it won't disappoint, but it isn't as good as his previous three. This is a personal opinion. It is also the first movie Owen Wilson didn't co-write, and through the movie you can tell.

well, even a lesser wes anderson movie is better than 90% of the crap out there...good to  know...i'm excited to see it still. MOreso, i'm excited to get the soundtrack...all of his soundtracks have been awesome.

The soundtrack is as good as ever. You're absolutely right that Wes's movies are better then most. :) The Life Aquatic was great, it really was.

royal tenenbaums crap? Bollocks I say. It was wonderful...probably, no by far the best job visually that wes has done. On top of that had some awesome parts...haha, dudley was awesome and owen wilson crashing the car into the house...just a great movie.

Bottle Rocket - great

Rushmore - masterpiece

The Royal Tenenbaums - crap

anxiously awaiting the new one....looks good.

The Royal Tenebaums was wonderful. Gene Hackman was drop dead hilarious. "You wanna jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you never heard!"

Royal Tenenbaums is probably my favorite of all of his movies.

I saw The Life Aquatic a while back and I loved it. It wasn't as good as his previous stuff, but I still loved it. Mainly because of Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, and Willam Dafoe

i posted this at nfl-fans.com

I started a post on this movie a while back to little...no fanfare...anyways...i saw it last night:

some background: this movie was directed by a young and bright director named Wes Anderson. He has become my favorite directors with his first three movies: Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and The Royal Tenenbaums. His style is distinctly his, has a great sense of music in a movie, and the casting in his movies is impeccable. His first three movies were co-written by Owen Wilson, this was the first one that was most exclusively his. He creates his own worlds, from the private school at rushmore, to the strange gypsy cabs of the royal tenenbaums to the crayola creatures of the life aquatic. His movies are entertaining to me, though i've found a lot of critics saying, they don't get it. Well, theres nothing to get, it takes a very talented person to know this type of humor is funny when writing the script, its a combination of great writing, directing, and acting. All his movies reach this height.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou review: by bMaGs

I saw this movie last night, and I can honestly say with no hyperbole that I have never left a theatre this happy, excited, and pleased with a movie, ever, in a relative short, but movie filled life. When I first saw the previews for a new wes anderson movie i was excited, but i heard from the sneak preview from a wes anderson fan it was a hilarious movie, but they thought it wasn't his best .(sorry_. However, i found this my favorite anderson flick to date. He created a new world, the visuals he made were by far my favorite. It looked like the whole movie was shot in a box cut in half, and its as if it was a documentary of a documentary. Bill Murray was hilarious, funniest i've ever seen him. The action sequences were so funny, and there was another actual heart wrenching scene, and when the audience wonders whether the tone of the movie is shifted, it goes right back to being hilarious. There is a character in the movie who sings david bowie songs in a different language that is quite funny, as well as the stripper on the boat, and owen wilson is hilarious. The cast is impeccably funny, the soundtrack will be cash again, and the directing was the best i've seen this year. I'm next anxiously awaiting to see the aviator.

Four Stars, 98.0 rating, A phenominal film if you are a wes anderson fan. If you are not, its still an incredible, four star film with a great performance by bill murray and cast. Though, i'm sure i will recieve a few - it was stupid and random and dumb - as was heard twice when entering, but everyone else was entranced with this aquatic world. It was hilarious. I loved it. I called everyone i knew was up afterward and told them to see it as quick as they could.