Solution at C

beck72

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

olivo hitting, and mark my words here b/c i been saying this the whole time, is a non factor. all he has imho is a great arm and what i think the potential to learn to be a decent defensive catcher. as for hitting, forget it. remember when he was caught with corked in his bat?

Haha, I remember you and HSC arguing over Olivo all the time LDF, lol.

i believe that the sox need to start incorporating some of the kids fro, the minors onto the big league team. we have been overloading the bullpen with arms, and filling every vacancy with older FAs. how will MC, honel, diaz, and all the other young pitchers ever get a chance? injuries? i think we could afford to lose a bullpen arm or an older AAA pitcher (grilli, stewart) to upgrade at catcher or in the infield. then insert one or two of our young prospect pitchers in situations they can handle and see how they do up here. we cant sit them down there forever. calling up pitchers like grilli and stewart at the expanded rosters wont help us in the long run.

Ya, he's expected to be a catcher from now on.  Although that could change.

I suspect they're developing Ricks as a super utility guy, just a guess, and also that they'll try to move him up the ladder fast, seeing as he's a college guy from an advanced program.

Rogers said he was impressive in instructional league.

Are some of you nuts? If the White Sox don't make the Garcia trade then some other team definitely does. You don't remember the press around that trade? You don't remember how angry Steinbrenner was until it was explained to him that nobody could beat the White Sox talent in the trade?

How quickly you forget how the press & all the other clubs praised Olivo as if he were the 2nd coming of I-ROD.

If the CWS doesn't get Garcia right there & then he becomes a NYY. Plain & simple.

It was a very good move by KW. One of his best.

Still not a word out of Toronto on Zaun so I hope KW is talking to him.

I don't like AJ P because he's one of the worst defensive catchers in baseball.

I don't think a team re-built on p&d should sacrifice D at the most important D position

for a better bat. Zaun is an upgrade D over both Davis & Burke. That's why he's my choice.

This whole debate sort of makes the Det signing of I-Rod seem worth it.

Haha, I remember you and HSC arguing over Olivo all the time LDF, lol.

yeah and i still stand by my assessment, and i am being proven right.

he may be a great person as a human being goes, but he does have some short comings that i can see. i think a lot of people love his arm and that cause excitement about him.

but i still say he will always have a hard time hitting in the majors

Are some of you nuts?  If the White Sox don't make the Garcia trade then some other team definitely does.  You don't remember the press around that trade?  You don't remember how angry Steinbrenner was until it was explained to him that nobody could beat the White Sox talent in the trade?

How quickly you forget how the press & all the other clubs praised Olivo as if he were the 2nd coming of I-ROD. 

If the CWS doesn't get Garcia right there & then he becomes a NYY.  Plain & simple.

It was a very good move by KW.  One of his best.

Still not a word out of Toronto on Zaun so I hope KW is talking to him.

I don't like AJ P because he's one of the worst defensive catchers in baseball.

I don't think a team re-built on p&d should sacrifice D at the most important D position

for a better bat.  Zaun is an upgrade D over both Davis & Burke.  That's why he's my choice.

This whole debate sort of makes the Det signing of I-Rod seem worth it.

i agree with you on this, as much as i hated to give up the talent, i think we needed garcia more.

i still would have kept reed and thrown in crede.