Favorite Pizze spot in Chicago?

maggsmaggs

I know Falco's, but I'm not really a fan.

My big 3 are Lou Malnati's, Barraco's and Just-A-Pizza ( a little further west on Archer ).

Now I want some pizza.... :headbang

Lou Malnati's is awesome, but instead of Just-a-pizza Take yourself a couple of miles up Archer to the new Home Run Inn which is between Austin and Narraganssett.

I'm a huge fan of Pizzeria Uno and Due, my Dad used to work there so I'd be there all the time. I don't get there as often as I'd like anymore. Only go to the originals on Wabash though, the chains are crap. The owner bought these two places several years ago and put the name on the chains, but it isn't the quite the same. Uno's, Due's, and Su Casa (Mexican restaurant next door to Due's) are definitely owned by the same guy (used to be Ike Sewell, think it's Aaron something now), not sure about Lou Malnati's.

My other favorite is Home Run Inn, I go there all the time before Sox games. Great greasy pizza.

Palermos (all time favorite), Nancy's and Connie's Pizza...

I used to like Rusty's but since it changed owners, I haven't tried it. I tend to make my own rather than order (make the dough, etc).

Brian and I were talking about pizza places that our parents went to when we were kids. My parents' favorite was Little Joe's on 63rd (Richmond or Sacramento). I HATED that pizza, but whenever we ordered pizza, that's what they ordered lol.

Lou's is wonderful.

Nancy's is also very good.

Gino's is overrated.

Giordanno's are a bunch of assholes and I will never in a million years go back to that dump since they offered us the worst dining experience I have ever recieved and when their corporate headquarters offered to make it up to us, they hung up on us and we were never able to get through again.

Local to me and wonderful:

Michelles in Harvard is great.

Stuc's in McHenry is amazing. Their calzones are second to none! GET THE TUMMY STUFFER!!!

Fox Hole in McHenry is amazing.

I thought they were still there.  I know there is one out in Mokena (FMIL raved about it the other week).

It's definetly still there! My favorite pizza for sure. Zach/Queen, is it me or do they add a little bit of beer to the dough. Maybe it's just me- whatever still is excellent. :headbang