Minor League Transaction

KipWellsFan

from chisox.com

The White Sox acquired Ross Gload, a first baseman/outfielder, from Colorado in exchange for left-handed pitcher Wade Parrish. Gload was assigned to Triple-A Charlotte.

Gload, a left-hander with some power, batted .314 with 16 home runs and 71 RBIs at Triple-A Colorado Springs in 2002, and .258 with one home run and four RBIs in 26 games with the Rockies. Gload, who starred for the Kane County Cougars, also played across town for the Cubs.

Any information on the 2 would be great.

Gload is a power hitting lefty. I'd consider him a AAAA type player. He was with the Cubs a couple years back coming from the Marlins organization. Parrish was a left handed pitcher that I think we got from Texas, possibly in the Herbert Perry deal (?).

Mario is working on a report right now though.

OK after this deal and the signing of Brian Daubach, plus Armando Rios and talking of playing Frank at first base more often, I am going to start the Paul Konerko might be traded rumors. Something just doesn't add up here. The last time the Sox started pulling these kind of moves was last year and they ended up dealing a bunch of the guys that were established.

Maybe I am way off base, but usually with KW, where there is smoke...

:ph34r:

Gload came to life last year in Colorado Springs, and was brought up but didn't play much. He had no chance to make the Rockies this year. No chance. It's questionable if he would have started at AAA this year, because the Rockies have some prospects who need to play, just like we do.

It's too bad that, when they made this trade, they didn't get another one of their spare AAA outfielders, named Bet Petrick, instead of Gload. This kid can hit, he's younger, and plays pretty good defense. I have probably watched him more that the White Sox scouts have, but nobody asked me.

I am going to start the Paul Konerko might be traded rumors.

Or Carlos Lee.

I don't exactly think you would need to start those rumors. They've been around for a while (lidle for lee last year)

I don't see konerko going anywhere, esp with thomas getting up their in age and his downward spiral in performance.

Sounds like this was strictly a Minor League move. Gload will go to Charlotte. Gotta figure that another move will be coming. They did have 12 pitchers so they could stand pat, but generally Minor League clubs don't carry that deep of a bench.

Gload came to life last year in Colorado Springs, and was brought up but didn't play much.  He had no chance to make the Rockies this year.  No chance.  It's questionable if he would have started at AAA this year, because the Rockies have some prospects who need to play, just like we do.

It's too bad that, when they made this trade, they didn't get another one of their spare AAA outfielders, named Bet Petrick, instead of Gload.  This kid can hit, he's younger, and plays pretty good defense.  I have probably watched him more that the White Sox scouts have, but nobody asked me.

I'll take it that's Ben Petrick, that guy can hit but he anit much of a catcher I gather. I think his notariety put him out of our reach.

Ben Petrick is now an outfielder, and a pretty good one. He can play all three positions, good arm, good speed. He failed as a catcher. Too many passed balls among other things. He just had trouble holding major league pitchers. Solid outfielder who can hit. I don't know what the Rockies are going to do with him this year, other than sticking him in AAA. They have three guys with big time contracts who are going to play. I wish we could have gotten him instead of Gload.

My guess is that Clay Eason will be promoted to AAA to replace Parrish. Ross Gload will make 24 players on Charlotte's roster, so someone will have to be released or sent down to make room for Eason. Birmingham will likely get a pitcher from W-S.

It isn't easy when you move a pitcher for a position player. Usually takes more than one move to work out the rosters.

Also, note that Jacquez, Wylie, Kane and Dellaero are all on Charlotte's DL. As they come off (if they do), moves will need to be made. Also, after the first month (not sure of the exact date) Minor League rosters are trimmed to 23 so one more player will need to go.

Look for some players to be released.