Kotex has been fired from WMVP

EvilJester99

JimH wrote

So we agree that the above statement is false. People that read and enjoy Sam Smith don't love to complain to make themselves feel better.

That's the point I was making.

To an extent I understand what Jim is saying. Most people in general want to listen to someone expound on things they agree with.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there should be people in the media  that challenge the status quo. That point out the flaws so they can be fixed.

Agree with this 100%.

They should find a guy who can criticize without carrying a personal grudge. A guy who doesn't believe the only way to get people to listen to him is to talk louder and be more shrill.

And by the way, my statement about believing those who listen to Mariotti are those who like to complain isn't "false". It's my opinion.

Agree with this 100%.

They should find a guy who can criticize without carrying a personal grudge.  A guy who doesn't believe the only way to get people to listen to him is to talk louder and be more shrill.

And by the way, my statement about believing those who listen to Mariotti are those who like to complain isn't "false".  It's my opinion.

I agree with this also. mariotti's lack of fact, intelligence and his bias makes him impotent as a columnist trying to express a viewpoint.

mariotti almost quit when he was a finalist for the cold pizza gig with bayless and woody paige. but espn was smart and didn't give it to him.

I see I'm not the only that uses lower case letters when referring to jay mariotti. It's symbolic of my level of respect for the man.

Agree with this 100%.

They should find a guy who can criticize without carrying a personal grudge.  A guy who doesn't believe the only way to get people to listen to him is to talk louder and be more shrill.

And by the way, my statement about believing those who listen to Mariotti are those who like to complain isn't "false".  It's my opinion.

You are correct, false was the wrong word to use. Do you also believe that people who listen to Rush, Sam Smith, and other people criticize things also do it to feel good about themselves and who like to complain? Or is this unique to sports guys?

As far as a personal grudge, or put another, a strong personal emotion about a team. Should everyone's opinions here be dismissed because we are loyal Sox fans?

I see I'm not the only that uses lower case letters when referring to jay mariotti.  It's symbolic of my level of respect for the man.

YASNY :lol: I love the irony :)

I should be better at differentiating Mariotti's abilities from his role and opinions. I do not believe he is a great journalist, writer, or talk show participant. I do believe there is a role for someone like him. As I believe JimH said, someone who can do it better, more Sam Smith like.

My objection is when some people get all up in arms because a reporter is critical of a team that hasn't won squat in close to 100 years. Someone please keep a fire under the Sox feet. Fans can only do so much.

YASNY :lol: I love the irony  :)

I should be better at differentiating Mariotti's abilities from his role and opinions. I do not believe he is a great journalist, writer, or talk show participant. I do believe there is a role for someone like him. As I believe JimH said, someone who can do it better, more Sam Smith like.

My objection is when some people get all up in arms because a reporter is critical of a team that hasn't won squat in close to 100 years. Someone please keep a fire under the Sox feet. Fans can only do so much.

LMAO ... Irony that I hadn't even considered. However, since my handle is taken from a song title, caps are appropriate.

This is great news. This is DickFace's spin on it, so who knows what really happened. All I can hope is that the Sun-Times realizes that this guy is a fraud and they fire him... get him the f*** out of Chicago. This guy thrives on negativity, plain and simple. he'll write anything, even if it contradicts columns he wrote the week before, only to stir up controversy.

I'll bet the heroes of my day were not the best characters. But reporters had the decency to only talk about on field performance. They didn't need to have financial backgrounds, understand geography of the world, speak four languages. Now we have to know all the warts and shortcomings. Maybe it goes with all the money they are getting paid.

I agree that the Sun-Times should can Moronotti's butt as well.

When you think of all the good sports-writers who could be writing in that space

it just makes you :banghead as to why he has been given it all this time.

Who buys the Times for Moronotti's articles? Nobody. Who has stopped buying the Times since Moronotti appeared? Many people.

I don't think Moronotti can write an article where he's not trashing somebody.

I'd rather the space be given to Slesak. She writes good, informative, & mostly uplifting stories. Something we need around loser-town right now. :wub:

I've not seen the Moron's column today, but I'm sure it's trashing ND. If he stayed up that late. :D

When you think of all the good sports-writers who could be writing in that space

it just makes you  :banghead as to why he has been given it all this time. 

Who buys the Times for Moronotti's articles?  Nobody. Who has stopped buying the Times since Moronotti appeared?  Many people.

I'd rather the space be given to Slesak.  She writes good, informative, & mostly uplifting stories.  Something we need around loser-town right now. :wub:

I've not seen the Moron's column today, but I'm sure it's trashing ND.  If he stayed up that late. :D

he was put on the station by a f***ing idiot named bob synder, who got fired a few months later for being a f***ing idiot

it just makes you  :banghead as to why he has been given it all this time. 

Who buys the Times for Moronotti's articles?  Nobody. Who has stopped buying the Times since Moronotti appeared?  Many people.

I'd rather the space be given to Slesak.  She writes good, informative, & mostly uplifting stories.  Something we need around loser-town right now. :wub:

I've not seen the Moron's column today, but I'm sure it's trashing ND.  If he stayed up that late. :D

How exactly does a newspaper measure one of their writer's popularity? I mean you can't really base it on sales. I buy the Sun-Times everyday and I skip right over Mariotti. There are lots of other reasons to buy that paper, so who can say that people read and enjoy his column.

Why Moronotti should be canned:

Who really thinks the fact that Weis is the offensive coordinator of the World Champion Patriors is going to hurt ND recruiting besides the Moronoti.

Let me clue Moronoti in on a few realities he might not understand. ND is the NYY of college football. The people crying the most over ND's demise are not the fans but the networks. Yet does Moronoti ever bother to ask why this dismal program continues to get prime-time coverage on ABC, CBS, & ESPN, when it's not playing on NBC?

The fact remains that ND grabs more eyeballs in college football than any other program REGARDLESS of it's record. It pulls in the haters & the lovers. There are few in between. Just like the NYY do. If you were to assess a monetary value on prorams then ND would be at the top.

Also notice that Moronoti says nothing about ND repeatedly facing a BCS caliber schedule year after year while trying to compete with Stanford academically.

All realities he seems to choose to want to ignore so that he can't rant.

Chalie Weis was the BEST option ND had. Another Willingham was not going to get the job done. Weis represents the last great hope for ND. If he can't do it, then ND will have to relax it's academic standards for athletes just like it's closest neighbors

in MI, IL, OH, IN, & PITT.

Meanwhile as long as the Patriots remain alive, young high school athletes around the nation will get to see what he brings to ND. If you think there will be one Patriot telecast the rest of the season that doesn't devote a considerable amount of time to interviewing Weis & his decision to take over at ND then you are as dumb as Moronoti.

Likewise, if what ND has lacked all these years are NFL caliber stars then what better person to hire to attract those stars? Which college coach today could possibly have more NFL connections than Weis? Saban? Saban's running the Dolphins now.

Weis isn't just selling ND during this recruiting run. He's selling the World Champion Patriots. His Patriots. But Moronoti is too stupid to see that.

Why Moronotti should be canned:

Who really thinks the fact that Weis is the offensive coordinator of the World Champion Patriors is going to hurt ND recruiting besides the Moronoti.

Let me clue Moronoti in on a few realities he might not understand.  ND is the NYY of college football.  The people crying the most over ND's demise are not the fans but the networks.  Yet does Moronoti ever bother to ask why this dismal program continues to get prime-time coverage on ABC, CBS, & ESPN, when it's not playing on NBC?

The fact remains that ND grabs more eyeballs in college football than any other program REGARDLESS of it's record.  It pulls in the haters & the lovers.  There are few in between.  Just like the NYY do.  If you were to assess a monetary value on prorams then ND would be at the top.

Also notice that Moronoti says nothing about ND repeatedly facing a BCS caliber schedule year after year while trying to compete with Stanford academically.

All realities he seems to choose to want to ignore so that he can't rant.

Chalie Weis was the BEST option ND had. Another Willingham was not going to get the job done.  Weis represents the last great hope for ND.  If he can't do it, then ND will have to relax it's academic standards for athletes just like it's closest neighbors

in MI, IL, OH, IN, & PITT.

Meanwhile as long as the Patriots remain alive, young high school athletes around the nation will get to see what he brings to ND.  If you think there will be one Patriot telecast the rest of the season that doesn't devote a considerable amount of time to interviewing Weis & his decision to take over at ND then you are as dumb as Moronoti.

Likewise, if what ND has lacked all these years are NFL caliber stars then what better person to hire to attract those stars?  Which college coach today could possibly have more NFL connections than Weis?  Saban?  Saban's running the Dolphins now.

Weis isn't just selling ND during this recruiting run.  He's selling the World Champion Patriots.  His Patriots.  But Moronoti is too stupid to see that.

There are severe holes in your argument. First, the reason the NYY are the NYY is because they carry more talent than any other team, and win more than any other team. As for as ND goes, they are a mid-level talent pool. They dont recruit well in FLA, TX, CA, OH or MI. These are where many of the large amounts of talent are located. ND doesnt mean what it used to in the 70's and 60's. It is now a school that cannot recruit based on its reputation, and is consistently out-performed by more than 20 school per year. If you can tell me the last time the NYY was outperformed this consistently then please enlighten me. Now the reason that Marriotti is wrong is because unlike his predecessors, Charlie Weis will actually go out and recruit players based on his merit, and his accomplishments. He will no longer point to the golden dome and say "come here, we were good 30 years ago." Today's college athletes want to pursue a career in the NFL, and Charlie Weis knows what it is to succeed at that level. That is one of the reasons that he will attract a little more talent than the drought that has been their classes. ND can longer recruit itself, because it is no longer a football power. Regardless of the scheduling, the following whatever you want to point at, they are no longer elite in college football. And that is why he is wrong.

There are severe holes in your argument.  First, the reason the NYY are the NYY is because they carry more talent than any other team, and win more than any other team.  As for as ND goes, they are a mid-level talent pool.  They dont recruit well in FLA, TX, CA, OH or MI.  These are where many of the large amounts of talent are located.  ND doesnt mean what it used to in the 70's and 60's.  It is now a school that cannot recruit based on its reputation, and is consistently out-performed by more than 20 school per year.  If you can tell me the last time the NYY was outperformed this consistently then please enlighten me.  Now the reason that Marriotti is wrong is because unlike his predecessors, Charlie Weis will actually go out and recruit players based on his merit, and his accomplishments.  He will no longer point to the golden dome and say "come here, we were good 30 years ago."  Today's college athletes want to pursue a career in the NFL, and Charlie Weis knows what it is to succeed at that level.  That is one of the reasons that he will attract a little more talent than the drought that has been their classes.  ND can longer recruit itself, because it is no longer a football power.  Regardless of the scheduling, the following whatever you want to point at, they are no longer elite in college football.  And that is why he is wrong.

That is BS. ND dominated college football for just about every decade in it's existence until the rules were changes & D students were allowed to play. Over the years that talent pool has grown from being a small sample to the norm & over that time ND had fallen from dominance. At the same time the D students grew the number of ND academically caliber schools increasing their athletic spending budgets also grew.

That's why the analogy to the NYY fits like a glove. ND"s refusal to lower standards so D students can play is like the NYY working with a self-imposed salary cap while at the same time every team in the ALE is spending as much as they are.

Yet despite this self-imposed limitation ND still has more BCS & bowl appearances in that time than any other school that doesn't allow D students to play. That's where it's history, tradition, & name recognition is similar to that of the NYY. Even with a self-imposed salary cap the NYY would still draw top talent on that alone.

Likewise just like the NYY, ND remains one of the biggest ratings & crowd draws in college football. That's why the networks are crying over ND not being in a new year's day bowl. When ND appears on new year's day the ratings for all the games pick up.

You obviously have no idea how much pressure the school is facing to lower it's standards & allow D students to play. This was even discussed in the recent NBC contract negotiations. The writing is so clearly on the way. If Weis can't turn it around then the standards are going to be lowered. Michigan's done it, Ohio State has done it, Pitt has done it, Boston College is expected to do it, & the list goes on.

It hasn't hurt Michigan any so ND should do it as well. It's just the reality of situation.

Is it sad? Yes. It means college sports are distancing themselves from academics.

It means there will be less incentives for high school athletes to maintain C's. But that's not ND's decision to make. It's the NCAA & the conference boards. They brought it into being with the belief it would help these borderline students. But they were nieve. Whenever you lower standards for the few, the standards lower as well for the norm.

As for ND being among the elite, they still can beat Michigan. As long as that remains possible year after year that potential remains.