Kotex has been fired from WMVP

EvilJester99

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good riddance. I always thought Mariotti was a hack sports journalist, and his radio show just confirmed that: he was factually inaccurate; had faulty assertions; weak arguemnets; would easily jump to conclusions; wouldn't accept anything less than perfection from others yet his facts/ opinions were based on mostly grade school logic and vendettas.

Mariotti actually thinks he's "telling it like it is". He isn't. He's a hack writer who doesn't do his homework and spreads misinformation. I'm surprised he's lasted in Chi. for this long

"I'm not going to compromise my integrity to do favors on the air for the White Sox and the Bulls. When they ask me to treat two teams differently than the others, that's a red flag for me, and it has been happening quite a bit over the last few months."

If he does get canned by the Times too he can always go to the National Enquirer where they have a better appreciation of his brand of integrity. From his first day, this guy has never sought to enlighten his readers or become enlightened himself. He will say anything about anybody if it will get a rise, truth be damned. I got my fill and quit reading him in the paper years ago.

Prior to his full time gig on the radio he had a Saturday morning all sports show that was actually pretty good. But when he got the daily slot he trotted out his controversy at all costs methods and just turned me off. I don't think I've listened to more than 10 minutes since his first week. My thought is, I have to spend some time on top of the toilet everyday whether I want to or not, but its up to me if I want to go into the toilet bowl itself with a turd like him, and I elected not to.

:lolhitting

I hate cheerleader sports guys. Down here, in a small market, that's all you get. They have their noses so far up these coaches and managers's asses it isn't even funny. Then, if they have a chance to visit Cowboy training camp, it's break out the chapstick and kiss every ass in sight.

Trust me, having someone in the media, like Mariotti, thinking the Sox should act like they are in Chicago and not Des Moines, and nothing less than a World Series should be the goal, is a good thing.

Don't get me wrong here. I hate those Rah Rah type people to where the team can do no wrong..ala Scrubs!! I also didn't like how Kotex Boy would take shots at the White Sox every chance he had because he was pissed Reinsdorf wouldn't kiss his pinky ring. Kotex Boy is a maggot. He is a wanna be shock jock type of guy. I didn't mind putting pressure on the Sox because thats exactly what they need but the cheap shots were a lot more than that. IMO

mariotti is in no way a fair or unbias columnist.  He displays a blatant lack of impartiality.  I'm glad that his narrow minded sniping has cost him his gig on WMVP. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

I guess I would feel the same way about Rush or Hannity. Interesting that some people who are disliking Mariotti for his biased, one sided, view of the world, love the entertainment that is the GOP radio network and their biased, one sided, view of the world.

Interesting in one thread people were pointing out how the Cell sucked at first but a series of renovations have really improved it. When Mariotti was criticizing it, everyone said it was his personal attack at JR. Just to pick one example.

Now that no one in the media will be criticizing JR and CO. we'll have that World Series for sure. I'll bet attendance will go through the roof. Free Agents will be lining up to play for the Sox and Bulls.

First, GMAFB.

Second, there's always soxtalk!  ;)

GMAFB? GM Air Force Base?? You lost me kap.

Sox fans are so thin skinned about this. JR having a major thorn in his side pushing for a better Cell, better FA, better results, is better than the yes men, cheerleaders, they are trying to line up. I expect the Cubs to tightly control what is said about the Lovable Losers, but when the Sox bully a station it's just sad. I am smart enough to know when to disagree with any reporter/columnist when they are wrong. I also can agree with the same columnist when they are writing right. :)

Basically the Sox said "he's being mean to me, make him go away. We are good people, we've tried very hard to get to a world series." That seems childish. The Lee Stern letter is the start. Now they will rid the airwaves of anyone negative. Soon we'll be basking in the same glow as Cub fans. :headshake

I guess I would feel the same way about Rush or Hannity. Interesting that some people who are disliking Mariotti for his biased, one sided, view of the world, love the entertainment that is the GOP radio network and their biased, one sided, view of the world.

Interesting in one thread people were pointing out how the Cell sucked at first but a series of renovations have really improved it. When Mariotti was criticizing it, everyone said it was his personal attack at JR. Just to pick one example.

Now that no one in the media will be criticizing JR and CO. we'll have that World Series for sure.  I'll bet attendance will go through the roof. Free Agents will be lining up to play for the Sox and Bulls.

I wonder how Mariotti's rating were, I believe he was getting beat by WSCR Boers-Bernstein in the same time slot, not sure. If he were clearly tops in the ratings I'm not certain he would've been bounced. It is after all a money business.

I've always suggested that people who love listening to Mariotti are those who love to complain. IMO, it makes them feel better about themselves because they can point a finger and say, "See, look! I'm right! Somebody else is whining too!"

There's a big difference between constructive criticism and carrying a personal axe to grind. Mariotti is an act, he thinks he can bulls*** the "common man" by saying he's on their side, i.e. "I'm telling it like it is". No Jay, you're putting your personal spin on things and just because you have a radio bully pulpit and a loud voice, you can jam it down the throats of those who are swayed by talk radio.

Some of the best radio on his show was last week when Levine, who clearly doesn't respect Mariotti, stood up to him as his guest co-host. To be fair, Levine has his own ass to cover in the sense of his livelihood depending upon having confidential access to baseball insiders.

Mariotti criticized the ballpark just like many other writers in town. Renovations have been made, and he's turned on to other topics. Want to talk about ass kissing? Anyone hear Mariotti's interview with Scott Borass? GAG, :puke

Harrelson is a homer, he gets paid by the White Sox. I expect it, and dismiss a lot of his sunny optimism because he's doing a PR job. Mariotti gets paid to stir up controversy and people's emotions. In my opinion, he carried a personal grudge too far and it was too obvious to see.

All of his whining is tiresome to me. We don't need cheerleaders on the radio, but give us somebody who's smart, fair, and balanced.

Sox fans are so thin skinned about this. JR having a major thorn in his side pushing for a better Cell, better FA, better results, is better than the yes men, cheerleaders, they are trying to line up. I expect the Cubs to tightly control what is said about the Lovable Losers, but when the Sox bully a station it's just sad. I am smart enough to know when to disagree with any reporter/columnist when they are wrong. I also can agree with the same columnist when they are writing right.  :)

Basically the Sox said "he's being mean to me, make him go away. We are good people, we've tried very hard to get to a world series." That seems childish. The Lee Stern letter is the start. Now they will rid the airwaves of anyone negative. Soon we'll be basking in the same glow as Cub fans.  :headshake

Mariotti's gotten more and more vindictive about Reinsdorf in the past yr. It's way beyond facts and figures and it's mostly personal. Seeing how the Bulls and Sox provide a good bit of revenue for the radio station, having a pissing contest between a mediocre talk show host and one of its major cash streams isn't good business. If you were paying the bills, wouldn't you try to use some influence? Nor did it make for good radio.

Mariotti is a bomb thrower, who never has to face the consequences of what he's said and written publicly. He contradicted himself so many times, he seemed like a guy with multiple personalities. Carmen DeFalco [wasn't that him who co-hosted with Jay for awhile?] questioned Mariotti, pressed him to go beyond his talking points, and Jay couldn't say anything coherent. That was good radio. But it exposed how weak and petty Mariotti's points were. And showed him to be a guy trying to settle a personal grudge, by spinning his tales, regardless of the facts

I've always suggested that people who love listening to Mariotti are those who love to complain.  IMO, it makes them feel better about themselves because they can point a finger and say, "See, look!  I'm right!  Somebody else is whining too!"

I agree with much of what you wrote, I do disagree with this statement. The converse would be to say those that do not like Mariotti are the ones that like to live in a fairytale land where life is always nice, the club is perfect, and no one complains. They don't mind finishing second. Basically Cub fans.

I believe there should be people in the media that challenge the status quo. That point out the flaws so they can be fixed.

Sometimes we need the little kidding yelling "The Emperor has no clothes!" It's not complaining. Sometimes it's wrong and intelligent people understand that some peoples opinions are wrong. An entire city of Mariottis would be a very bad thing. :puke just as an entire city of Hawks would be a very bad thing :puke But when they are balanced, one or two on each side and the rest middle of the roaders, life is good.

Who is the next guy for Sox fans to hate? Someone has to be the most negative about the Sox?

Now that no one in the media will be criticizing JR and CO. we'll have that World Series for sure.  I'll bet attendance will go through the roof. Free Agents will be lining up to play for the Sox and Bulls.

I can appreciate the point you make here. However, my opinion of Mariotti is strictly based on him being a columnist for the Sun-Times. I've never heard his radio show. So, I cannot vouch for the entertainment value of his show. As for his column, I do read it. In fact, I rarely miss it. I want to see how low the moron can go and how many ways he utilizes to incorporate his vendetta. As for Rush and Hannity ... hey, that's politics.

This move makes Reinsdorf and the Sox look bad. Basically, Jay was muscled out because Jerry threatened to pull the Sox and Bulls games from the station.

Yeah it does, JR could not handle someone telling him that his teams are not as good as advertised. Just further proves that the sox only care about money not winning, this looks like Cubsgate 04.

I agree with much of what you wrote, I do disagree with this statement. The converse would be to say those that do not like Mariotti are the ones that like to live in a fairytale land where life is always nice, the club is perfect, and no one complains. They don't mind finishing second. Basically Cub fans.

I believe there should be people in the media  that challenge the status quo. That point out the flaws so they can be fixed.

Sometimes we need the little kidding yelling "The Emperor has no clothes!" It's not complaining. Sometimes it's wrong and intelligent people understand that some peoples opinions are wrong. An entire city of Mariottis would be a very bad thing.  :puke just as an entire city of Hawks would be a very bad thing  :puke But when they are balanced, one or two on each side and the rest middle of the roaders, life is good.

Who is the next guy for Sox fans to hate? Someone has to be the most negative about the Sox?

That is a leap of assumption you are making there. You are assuming just because people don't like Kotex-Boy, that they don't accept criticism of the Sox/Bulls. This isn't true. There are very good writers, right here in Chicago, who can consistantly argue a negative view point, yet use journalistic integrity and facts to back them up. Read Sam Smith for a while. He has been the Bulls beat writer for a long time. He doesn't get along with the organization at all, yet he writes the best columns in town on the team.

I'm glad, I can't stand him on Around the Horn, so it'll make me happy that he won't have that radio show anymore.

All he does on that show is agree with the host for points. It is the same way with his writing and on his radio show. He has an opinion just to have one. he never backs up his arguments, and when it comes down to it, he will side with the popular opinion, which in this city, was the cubs. He is a terrible writer and a below average sports mind, its not long before more people see that.

Yeah it does, JR could not handle someone telling him that his teams are not as good as advertised.  Just further proves that the sox only care about money not winning, this looks like Cubsgate 04.

You should be Mariotti's understudy, you preach the same mantra. I'd bet a lot of your opinions were formed from listening to him too.

That is a leap of assumption you are making there.  You are assuming just because people don't like Kotex-Boy, that they don't accept criticism of the Sox/Bulls.  This isn't true.  There are very good writers, right here in Chicago, who can consistantly argue a negative view point, yet use journalistic integrity and facts to back them up.  Read Sam Smith for a while.  He has been the Bulls beat writer for a long time.  He doesn't get along with the organization at all, yet he writes the best columns in town on the team.

JimH wrote

I've always suggested that people who love listening to Mariotti are those who love to complain. IMO, it makes them feel better about themselves because they can point a finger and say, "See, look! I'm right! Somebody else is whining too!"

So we agree that the above statement is false. People that read and enjoy Sam Smith don't love to complain to make themselves feel better.

That's the point I was making.