Other White Sox Message Boards

KittleWalk83

Ok the White Sox have their own message board on their official site. I read and sometimes post on White Sox Interactive. I just found this message board.

Are there any other White Sox message boards?

Is there really a need for two different message boards that are independent of the team? WSI and Soxtalk? I'm just asking a question.

Ok the White Sox have their own message board on their official site.  I read and sometimes post on White Sox Interactive.  I just found this message board. 

Is there really a need for two different message boards that are independent of the team?  WSI and Soxtalk?  I'm just asking a question.

Yes there is a need.

Ok the White Sox have their own message board on their official site.  I read and sometimes post on White Sox Interactive.  I just found this message board. 

Is there really a need for two different message boards that are independent of the team?  WSI and Soxtalk?  I'm just asking a question.

I'd rather post at a board moderated by someone who is a fan of my team. The MLB boards are terrible, and I took a quick glance at the ESPn boards yesterday, and I don't understand why anyone wastes their time on either of those boards. :headshake

I do agree that the MLB board is terrible.  But then again WSI and this board are basically the same.  People b****ing and complaining about how bad the White Sox are.  How they made a terrible trade.  What's that saying?  Same s*** different message board?

The moderating is much different here, and the average age of the poster is much less here.

I was banned at WSI cause I made some reference about a thread by this guy from KY b****in about the radio out there in KY and TN b****in about the Sox...all I said was who gives a s*** about a region who has no baseball...isn't knowledgeable about the Sox...and thinks relative humidity is the sweat that drips off yer nads when when yer humpin yer cousin or some crap like that...not that big a deal. Not that I give a s***....I like this board alot better anyway! Some pretty knowledgable dudes....and Steph!

I'd rather post at a board moderated by someone who is a fan of my team.  The MLB boards are terrible, and I took a quick glance at the ESPn boards yesterday, and I don't understand why anyone wastes their time on either of those boards.  :headshake

I used to post at espn but it's just rediculous now. Trolls everywhere and an ugly format.

Of all the message boards I have seen over the last few years, this one is by FAR the best of them all. Not only is this a Sox board, but it also covers so many differant topics. The people here are amazing. Heck, i even found an old H.S. friend on here by accident (ok, more like he found me, but you get the point).

My first post here. :P I've been lurking for awhile now. I'm originally from the CBSSportsline boards but idiots run amok over there. We did find an old abandoned board address and have a small group of good posters from various teams (alot of cub fans, but they're the better ones it would seem).

I mainly post on:

http://wc0.worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@@.1dddf85e

as ISF has posted earlier in this thread. Alot older fans there, not any teens that I can tell.

I, too, was booted off of WSI for essentially calling the moderators Nazis for there heavy handed treatment of posters who posted unpopular opinions. The mods there seem to be on a power trip to the point were it's almost comical. There are more members there and thus more older fans but they have plenty of youngsters over there as well. I don't think WSI is any more negative than this site, in fact I think the mods there make a point of not letting the negativity get out of hand. I like the less restrictive atmosphere of soxtalk and Worldcrossing. At WSI I always felt I had to second guess my post in case I may "offend" an oversensitive sox fan or, worse yet, a moderator.

BTW, a great Sox blog site for the sabermetrically inclined:

http://ss***men.blogspot.com/

and another new one that shows promise:

http://chisoxanalysis.blogspot.com/

PS - I'll need to work on my graphics! Any help with avitars and signatures is welcome.

I do agree that the MLB board is terrible.  But then again WSI and this board are basically the same.  People b****ing and complaining about how bad the White Sox are.  How they made a terrible trade.  What's that saying?  Same s*** different message board?

I think the nice thing is, there are two huge independent message boards for Sox fans. Both have great loyal communities and the atmosphere at both places is different. Some prefer here, others prefer WSI, while others go to both.

All I know is its great to hvae so many choices for White Sox fans to talk with other Diehard Sox fans. And I think your wrong in the sense of constant whining. I can't speak of WSI, but in general I Think people at Soxtalk are rather positive. Of course there are both sides to a lot of situations and its good to see both opinions, imo.