Bruce Levine says Yankees out of Beltran Derby

Stupid move on the Cubs' part - they absolutely make enough money to take a one-year hit on having Sosa & Beltran on the payroll, and Beltran's a much safer 5-to-7 year bet than Sosa was a 4-year bet in 2001. Carlos is much younger than Sosa was then, and is still improving as a player, where Sosa was certain to decline during the contract period.

I heard on the score that the Yankees and Diamondbacks are close to a deal with Baltimore as the 3rd team who gets Vasquez....Now why the f*** would the Orioles help the Yankees get Beltran  :huh:

I think it will be a seperate deal with Baltimore and Arizona after the RJ trade gets done, atleast that's what I'd assume.

I think it will be a seperate deal with Baltimore and Arizona after the RJ trade gets done, atleast that's what I'd assume.

I agree, with all the s*** that goes into a 3-team trade I think NY and AZ are better off hammering it out between them and letting AZ fend for themselves.... They'll be able to move Javy, he's still got some value