Dibble gone from Dan Patrick show??

I know it's the holiday season so it's hard to gauge whether a person's absence from their radio show is vacation related or not, but I think I heard Harry of MJH mention that Dibble is no longer a part of the Dan Patrick Show (basically saying he wasn't sure if it was Dan's decision or not).

I hope this isn't true, Dibble was hysterical, and Dan Patrick alone is TERRIBLE. He seems nervous (much like he did when he appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel Show). He also tries to get into "worldly sports" topics, ie 2 days on the Packers putting the flags at half staff for Reggie White was appropriate. It's just a boring show...

There was an article in Providence paper or one of the Boston papers, I forget which one it was, that said he was gone. Had to register to read the story, so I didn't get the 411.

I remember hearing about this. ESPN felt they could get better people. I don't like hearing that when they have Stephen A. Smith on 24/7.

That sucks.  :puke

Dibble was huge to keep comedy up in that show. I get the feeling Patrick wants to get a little too serious sometimes.

That's one of the best sports talk shows I've heard, I don't know if it'll be the same without Dibbs.

Totally agree... I can't believe they shove people like Maritti and Stephen A. Smith down our throats on TV and think they can get "someone" better.

I know Dibble has been going through some changes in his personal life, and maybe he's having problems in his life.... (I have no idea if this is true, just speculating.)

This sucks, I loved Dibble, thought he was hysterical...

I miss Dibbs already.  Dan sounds like a sad sack without him.  Hopefully they can find an adequate replacement, otherwise they risk having a rumbling, stumbling, messy show like Jim Rome.

I doubt that move could have been made without DP's knowledge and approval.

QUOTE (Kogs35 @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
espn1000 may hire him for the 9-12 with silvy. it was in ed shermans latest collumn of the trib

I think that would be a good move. As a religious ESPN Radio1000 listener, I think Silvy and Rex could have a nice show in the afternoon slot.

Besides, DeFalco and Dickerson are a lot of fun to listen to in the evening.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Kogs35+Jan 1, 2005 -> 06:54 PM-->
QUOTE (Kogs35 @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Brian+Jan 1, 2005 -> 05:29 PM-->
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> How long until Dibble shows up on "Best Damn Sports Show"?

how long until he is brought to chicago to sit in with asilvy and carmen?

Actaully I would put $$ on Brian. Fox Sports loves getting ESPN's cast off's, and you can tell Fox Sports is starting to get desperate with Comcast growing by the day..........

fox sports net is loosing money every day. its only a matter of time till comcast or disney buys those channels. ever notice why its called fsn and not fox sports net?