Just saw "Monty Python's Spamalot" last night...

RibbieRubarb

I had some reservations as I sat down.

"Can they pull this off?"

"How do take an abstact movie and turn it into a plot-driven Boradway musical?"

Kudos to Eric Idle and Mike Michols for doing the impossible. This show f***ing rocked my socks way the hell off!!

From the opening fish-slapping number set in Finland (until the cast realizes the show should be in ENG-Land) to the Broadway-spoof finale about "finding the Grail inside you." this show made my jaw hurt from laughing so loud.

Great Moments:

SPOILERS AHEAD

"The Knights of the Round Table" number set in a Vegas-esque Camelot. Hell the round table is a roulette wheel.

Hank Azaria as the French Taunter adding his own spin to the charatcer.

The French Cow song

David Hyde-Pierce as Sir Robin s***ting in his pants at any sign of trouble.

The Lady of the Lake making Galahad a man (Phantom send-up with boat and Chandelier) while singing a song entitled "There's a song like this in every show"

The entire Price Herbert scene

Patsy singing "Always look on the bright side of life" to Arthur

Lancelot (Azaria) discovering that he likes men, especially Herbert, and going into a huge Peter Allen-esque number. Cod-piece, chain mail and Calypso.

Azaria as Tim the Enchanter and the Knight of Ni who gives them a new second task...mount a broadway show.

David Hyde-Pierce as Sir Robin singing that they can't get to Broadway without any Jews.

Lancelot marrying Herbert and commenting "In 1000 years, this will still be controversial"

The Black Knight Scene...Yep, they chop off every limb.

The Killer Bunny slippers in the gift shop

Sara Ramirez as "The Lady in the Lake, the French Cow, etc" steals the show from the boys.

The Set...very Gilliam-esque

And if you can get tickets..try to get seat A101. You'll see why.

The recreation of the classic scenes, the new take on them and the new scenes all hysterical!

The sing-a-long of "Always look on the Bright side of life" during the curtain call.

My wife getting to meet Hank Azaria after the show and I got to chat breifly with Mike Nichols.

great night, great show...Go, if you can.