Top 5 Movies of 2004

Gene Honda Civic

garden state was pretty cool...makes you think, feel, and remenince at the same time. forgive my spelling.

in no order (and i leave the right to change in case my memory refreshes itself):

spidey 2

the village

eternal sunshine

king arthur (pretty damn good for a bruckhiemer)

the passion

honorable mentions:

garden state

open water

none make my top ten of all time list.

QUOTE (POTUSChris @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
I didn't see a whole lot of movies this year, but of the ones I did see, the top 5 I liked the best were:

Harry Potter 3

The Incredibles

Shrek 2

Ladder 49

Bourne Supremacy

Ladder 49 was suprisingly good.

QUOTE (whitesoxin' @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
I forgot all about that one. As soon as the dvd comes out I'm sure I'll buy it. It was really funny.

Those guys are the s***! :headbang

I was actually thinking about that movie yesterday when I got some White Castle :) I had that craving :lol:

They say it's a good movie to watch when your blown. I wanna try it soon, but it was still a kick ass movie.

QUOTE (raff @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
let me confirm that for you soxace. i will guarentee you that you will not stop laughing. possibly the best movie ever made. i loved half baked, but this blows it out of the water.

I was laughing my ass out raff. I saw the bootleg version so I know what it's about (remember the Cheetah.. :lol:) It was really good. Sooo many hilarious parts in it.

Don't want to start a new thread, but anyone have a "guilty pleasure" type movie that came out this year? You know, one you saw and liked, but others hated it or had bad reviews?

Butterfly Effect for me. There were some others I saw and liked while others despised.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Don't want to start a new thread, but anyone have a "guilty pleasure" type movie that came out this year? You know, one you saw and liked, but others hated it or had bad reviews?

Butterfly Effect for me. There were some others I saw and liked while others despised.

Blade Trinity for me. I know some on this board didn't like it, or thought it was horrible, but I liked it. I'm sure there's other but I can't think of them now.

<!--QuoteBegin-Brian+Jan 2, 2005 -> 04:47 AM-->

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 04:47 AM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> Don't want to start a new thread, but anyone have a "guilty pleasure" type movie that came out this year? You know, one you saw and liked, but others hated it or had bad reviews?

butterfly effect?

was that the one with kelso?

if so, i thought it was really good too, especially the alternate ending.

Bourne Supremacy had all the potential in thw world to be awesome....great stoey, good acting, but that crappy shakey camera left it so it was impossible to watch the cool fight scenes.

1.)Hero (but since it actually came out in 2002...)

1.)Sideways

2.)Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

3.)Big Fish

4.)Kill Bill: Vol. 2

5.)Garden State

Honorable Mention: Elf, Napoleon Dynamite, and Finding Neverland

One of the more disappointing movies I saw this year, Anchorman, had one of the funniest scenes in it. The one with Jack Black on the bridge. I might have to get that movie sometime just for that scene alone.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 02:33 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-KipWellsFan+Jan 2, 2005 -> 01:59 AM-->
QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-raff+Jan 1, 2005 -> 10:36 PM-->
QUOTE (raff @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> how bout boondock saints, just because its such a great movie.

Yah that's definitely one of my all-time favorites!!!

Check out my all-time top 20.

http://wwww.ymdb.com/user_top20_view.asp?usersid=20998

Kip, Great, Great List.

LOVE Ghost Dog, when he goes threw the pipe in the guys basement, I was like blown away. :lol:

That part actually copies a part from this movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061882/

But that's not important and I don't even know why I'm posting this! :o