Top 5 Albums of 2004

Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)

Funny considering Absolution was released in 2003, and it's quite difficult to be better than a band which you're obviously basing everything off of. Bellamy has one of the whiniest voices I've ever heard, and anything Muse puts out sounds like The Bends to the nth degree.

As for my list, it reads:

1) Magyar Posse - Kings of Time

2) Fly Pan Am - N'ecoutez Pas

3) Mono - Walking cloud and deep red sky, Flag fluttered and sun shined

4) Tortoise - It's All Around You

5) Interpol - Antics

BLESS YOU FOR SAYING WHAT I WAS THINKING...what radiohead faced post ok computer was a crossroads of keep doing what they were doing and face the dilution of their music in the record label or push themselves to create a new sound and style of songwriting. What started in ok computer came to fruition in kid a...and despite kid a's obvious tab as a studio only album, i'd take kid a live songs over ok computer ones anydays. The best songs on ok computer (exit music, the tourist, sub-homesick alien) just didn't translate well live.

best of 05:

Modest MOuse-good news for people who love bad news (M&A still my fav though)

Franz Ferdinand

Wilco-A ghost is born

Ben Harper and the Blind Boys from Alabama

Morissey- You are the quarry

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Cerbaho-WG+Jan 1, 2005 -> 06:42 PM-->
QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> And we have someone who's completely ignorant outside of one genre. Kessler doesn't have to scream to get the vocals across, and my main gripe with Turn On The Bright Lights was that, outside songs like PDA and Leif Erikson, he was too monotone. He certainly improved in this aspect on Antics, and I find it a good, not even close to spectacular album.

I find it funny that again you're too ignorant to realize who Interpol's main musical influences are (see Joy Division) and so what if those bands were predominately British? Interpol isn't carbon copying anyone, and to say they're "trying" to be British is completely absurd. And that genre you can't put a name on, it's called Indie Rock.

That said, I believe Anal c*** has a song that sums up The Dillinger Escape Plan fairly well.

"You think you're so f***ing original

Gay bars used to be original too"

Seth never fails to humor me.

Monotone is a great word to describe them....

Why is it that the screaming thing always comes up when Metal is compared to other genres of music? It takes just as much effort to be on tour everynight screaming as it does to sing Opera, or sing in general on a daily basis.

Why would I ever try to realize the musical influences of a band I could care less about? I was just lumping them into the super trendy genre that's going on right now if you turn on a rock radio station. Any band with "The", Modest Mouse, Interpol, Franz Ferdis***, whoever, They're all trendy right now. I've heard them all so many times, since that is the way of the radio station, and they all sound the same to me. All boring.

Calling every band you don't like gay, yeah that's some original s***. What is the guy 12?

Just looking at some of the fantastic lyrics and song titles, it seems like Interpol and bands of that ilk would be ripe for the picking by this guy.

i suggest you actually listen to modest mouse and franz ferdinand. I don't consider good news by any means to be modest mouses best work...but it was their most eclectic and a strikingly original record. I still like M&A as my favorite with lonesome crowded west a close second.

1.)Beastie Boys-To The 5 Boroughs

2.)Green Day-American Idiot

3.)The Hives-Tyrannasaurus Hives

4.)Modest Mouse-Good News For People Who Love Bad News

and since I believe those are the only cds that I bought that came out this year...

The Clash-London Calling 25th Anniversary

I'm gonna have to check out that David Cross cd. My brother got me Mr. Show (season 4) for Christmas and it's hilarious. I've also been wanting to pick up Kanye's album for awhile now.

this cd isnt out until march 2005:

1. mars volta - frances the mute

This is a cd from 1978:

2. King Crimson - the power to believe

CDs not released in 2004 that had a large influance on me in 2004...

3. TOOL - salival

4. Dave Matthews Band - remember two things

5. bjork - medulia - 2004

6. (honerable mention- dredg 2004 croquett demo)

prediction for best 2005 cds:

1. new dredg

2. new mars volta

3. new tool

4. new nin

5. new opeth

there no conologily to this list

QUOTE(The Bones @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 08:22 AM)
1.)Beastie Boys-To The 5 Boroughs

2.)Green Day-American Idiot

3.)The Hives-Tyrannasaurus Hives

4.)Modest Mouse-Good News For People Who Love Bad News

and since I believe those are the only cds that I bought that came out this year...

The Clash-London Calling 25th Anniversary

I'm gonna have to check out that David Cross cd. My brother got me Mr. Show (season 4) for Christmas and it's hilarious. I've also been wanting to pick up Kanye's album for awhile now.

i didn't like medulia as much, and i've heard a leak for the mars volta and it is so awesome...and does anyone know when the next ...trail of dead cd comes out.