IPass

Brian

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
Tolls are cheap in Chicago, even at 80cents.

To Leave Jersey and get to Staten Island on the Outerbridge Crossing, 6 dollars.

To Leave Brooklyn and get to Staten Island on the Outerbridge Crossing, 8 dollars.

Don't I know it. I went to NYC for the 1st time back in May and I was totally floored when I found out it was 6 bucks to go through the Lincoln Tunnel. I should have been ready because going up I-95 from the DC area the jackals in Maryland, and Jersey were taking rather large bites out of my wallet with turnpike fees.

Critic -- It seems that more and more Democrats have that impregnable dome of hair. You could take a f***ing industrial jackhammer to it and it wouldn't move an inch...and probably damage the jackhammer a la Curly's head in the 3 Stooges.

It seems though that Gov. Blowhard is doing everything to piss everybody off -- raising tolls, policing video games etc. He's such a maroon. :finger Blago

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
Critic -- It seems that more and more Democrats have that impregnable dome of hair.  You could take a f***ing industrial jackhammer to it and it wouldn't move an inch...and probably damage the jackhammer a la Curly's head in the 3 Stooges.

It seems though that Gov. Blowhard is doing everything to piss everybody off -- raising tolls, policing video games etc.  He's such a maroon.  :finger Blago

Yeah, lcr ( still fighting the urge to call you Apu :D ), my guess is that Blago has that helmet to deflect the s*** disgruntled Illinoians might throw at him.

The more Dems that wear the hair helmet, we'll have to start calling them DOMEocrats!

Okay, so that one sucked....I'm STILL the funniest motherf***er on Soxtalk!!!

The votes don't lie - I got a MANDATE of the people, and that gives me some Soxtalk currency, and I'MA GUNNA SPEND IT!!!!

:bang :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 04:19 AM)
Okay, so that one sucked....I'm STILL the funniest motherf***er on Soxtalk!!!

The votes don't lie - I got a MANDATE of the people, and that gives me some Soxtalk currency, and I'MA GUNNA SPEND IT!!!!

:bang  :D

You can be funny after I start a thread to let you be funny . . . :lolhitting

Did anyone use the tollway this morning with the whole 80 cent thing in effect? Did anyone notice more people having the I-Pass and less people using the manual lanes? Just wondering, i know it won't change over night but was there a slight difference?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
I just wish they would connect the Skyway to IPASS.  I know they are on different systems, but doesn't the east coast have all of their states interconnected?

I think they are working on it being combined by March IIRC.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
i guess since i am going to be away for a while i can wait to get an IPASS until i get some money in the ol bank account....and as for IPASS lanes i think if you really want to you can just through a normal lane as well and it will read it in case you cared

All lanes have been IPASS friendly for some time now. The only difference is you have to stop at those that aren't express lanes.

I-Pass just wants to collect the money up front. Just think if a million people buy an I-Pass with $40 in tolls on it and the $10 deposit always on it how much money that means for the toll authority. Your I-Pass has another $40 added on to it when it reaches $10 and that comes right off your charge card. Why do you have to always have your money tied up? Why can't they bill you for the tolls after you use them? They have your charge card and a $10 deposit, so why not deduct from the card weekly or monthly for the tolls that you actually used instead of paying for something you haven't used yet? And now things are gonna cost more in Illinois because trucks tolls are going up whether they have an I-Pass or not. So we will pay for that increase when we purchase things here in Illinois just like we did when the gas prices went up. Those fuel increases and taxes the trucks have to pay get passed right on to us, so in the long run, we really won't save all that much. Would you rather have that $40 in your pocket to spend now or the comfort of knowing that you won't have to dig for change when you want to take a toll road?

Delaware Turnpike is the worst for tolls. Leaving Jersey over the Del Memorial Bridge is a 3 dollar toll. After ten miles in Delaware, its another 2 dollars to get the privilege of entering Maryland.

Didn't Chicago lease out the Skyway to some company for like a billion dollars last year? And doesn't that mean the tolls are supposed to stay the same through the end of next year guaranteed?

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
Delaware Turnpike is the worst for tolls. Leaving Jersey over the Del Memorial Bridge is a 3 dollar toll. After ten miles in Delaware, its another 2 dollars to get the privilege of entering Maryland.

Didn't Chicago lease out the Skyway to some company for like a billion dollars last year? And doesn't that mean the tolls are supposed to stay the same through the end of next year guaranteed?

Yeah they sold the rights to the Skyway for 100 years.

They are going up to $2.50 real soon if they didn't already. But then they are locked in there for a long time. They have a schedule that saids when they can raise tolls and by how much they can do it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Yeah they sold the rights to the Skyway for 100 years.

They are going up to $2.50 real soon if they didn't already.  But then they are locked in there for a long time.  They have a schedule that saids when they can raise tolls and by how much they can do it.

Here's a good link

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsnews/057nd3.htm

Heh, I guess I have been in a box lately. I have not heard about this little screw-over until just now. Hmmm, one more reason for me to stay out of Chicago and to NOT drive all over the state. Thank God for Metra for when I do need to head on down there for whatever reason.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
How would taking money away from the tollway make it better? The tolls only go towards the tollway, not other roads. Seems like tolls are a fair method of having the users pay for what they use.

Wrong!!! The tolls on I-90 don't go back into I-90, they go into the tollway fund, which is used for many things, including building new toll roads that I don't and will probably never use. Do you think they built that palatial HQ with their own $$$? Nope it was from tolls. They are abusing the system and lining their pockets at the same time. It is corrupt and wasteful.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Heh, I guess I have been in a box lately. I have not heard about this little screw-over until just now. Hmmm, one more reason for me to stay out of Chicago and to NOT drive all over the state. Thank God for Metra for when I do need to head on down there for whatever reason.

.....hater..... :D