Cubs fans

raff

last night (new years eve) i was with some of my friends, 3 of them cubs fans, i was the only sox fan. somehow the conversation got to cubs vs sox. i have been away at college for months, and havent had to deal with silly cubs fans for a while. back in the day i could argue for hours (and win mostly) i was bombarded last night with some of the stupidest things ive ever heard. i forgot how dumb cubs fans are around here. here are some of the great points that were made against our sox, our park, and us

- least loyal fans around

- bandwagon

- us cell out field

- half price days every day

- chinese gangsters all around the park

- fellow cub fans bought them beer when they went to wrigley and were 13 years old

- there park is "beautiful"

- wrigley has no bad seats

- the sox choke every year

- no one in the U.S. except from people in chicago have ever heard of the sox

- AAA iowa would sweep the sox in a series

- you cant go anywhere around comiskey without being shot

- getting posednik for lee was a great move (sarcastic)

these were just some of the stupid comments i heard. anything i threw out was shot down, not even with a good comeback. i would say something such as you havent improved at all, then i would hear something about attendance. cubs fans are really getting dumber, especially since they are doing better. :fthecubs

Naah man, the way to attack Cubs fans is with baseball questions. Like, how do you come up with slugging percentage? What is OPS? Who are their minor league prospects?

And then when they're stumped, you go in for the kill with an organized attack against Wrigleyville culture. Talk s*** about their khakis, laptop computers, sideways hats, fratboy atmosphere, etc.

It ain't hard, man.

And then afterwards, tell them that you never want to see them again in your best Hunter S Thompson voice.

Even if you try to be serious with a Cub fan, they’ll just keep talking s***. I’m not saying every Cub fan is not knowledgeble (at least I think) but they can come up with some of the stupidest comments. Whether they’re drunk or not.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
Naah man, the way to attack Cubs fans is with baseball questions.  Like, how do you come up with slugging percentage?  What is OPS?  Who are their minor league prospects? 

And then when they're stumped, you go in for the kill with an organized attack against Wrigleyville culture.  Talk s*** about their khakis, laptop computers, sideways hats, fratboy atmosphere, etc. 

It ain't hard, man.

And then afterwards, tell them that you never want to see them again in your best Hunter S Thompson voice.

CELL PHONES!! You forgot the cell phones!!! That's the only place I've ever heard of where fans talk to each other on the damn things from 4 seats away.

If that aint enough tell em to mind their heads when they're taking in a game because the place is literally falling apart.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Even if you try to be serious with a Cub fan, they’ll just keep talking s***. I’m not saying every Cub fan is not knowledgeble (at least I think) but they can come up with some of the stupidest comments. Whether they’re drunk or not.

I've had the same experience.