DEMS and GOP Diving to the Center

Texsox

It's My Party Too

BUSH BASH BOOK BURSTS IN TIME FOR INAUGURAL

Christine Todd Whitman, the former New Jersey governor who was President Bush's first administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, has written a book that touts the importance of moderates to the future of the Republican Party and flays Bush and his team for ignoring the country's middle.

Whitman charges on Page 3 that Bush's three-percentage-point margin in the popular vote is the lowest of any incumbent president ever to win reelection, the WASHINGTON POST reports in coming editions, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE.

HOUSE DIVIDED: CONGRESS 'MOST POLARIZED IN CENTURY'

Sun Jan 02 2005 08:44:19 ET

Congress hasn’t been this polarized in almost a century, TIME magazine claims in fresh editions.

In the Senate, majority leader Bill Frist is seeking a ruling from presiding officer Dick Cheney that filibusters against judicial nominees are unconstitutional.

In the House, speaker Dennis Hastert and minority leader Nancy Pelosi have not had a private meal together since she took over the top Democratic job two years ago. “Each thinks the other is a rabid partisan, so they confer only when they must,” Waller reports.

Developing...

It certainly would be a great moment in our history if both the DEMS and the GOP both dived to the center. Imagine a both parties actually moving to where the majority of Americans are instead of catering to the extremes in their party.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
It's My Party Too

It certainly would be a great moment in our history if both the DEMS and the GOP both dived to the center. Imagine a both parties actually moving to where the majority of Americans are instead of catering to the extremes in their party.

But if they both dived into the center then there'd be no more SLAP flame wars.

:nono

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
I think we can all agree that Hastert, Pelosi, Reid, Santorum and the rest of the partisan hacks in Congress suck ass.

Come on people now / smile on your brother / Everybody get together and realize Congress blows right now  :D

I dislike how they have divided up every issue. Use to be there was much more overlap. Ne they both are looking for debate points in everything. :chair

This is nothing new in the House of Representatives. Although this kind of atmosphere is somewhat foreign in the Senate. I'm not saying that everything has been all ham and plaques in the Senate, but the atmosphere tended to be more one of compromise and consensus building, rather than polarization and domination, at least historically speaking.